✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Grunge music

Jacob

i had to re-evaluate my opinion of nirvana when i realized that if nirvana hadn't existed we wouldn't have to put up with garbage like nickelback or puddle of mud. :P

I fail to understand how it's somehow Nirvana's fault that lame-ass take themselves way too seriously bands like Nickleback appeared. Besides, Nickleback doesn't sound like grunge- it sounds like wanky rock'n'roll- unfortunately, that's always around. :(

It's a little thing called "sarcasm." ;)

Guest Ethinyloestradiol

right band, right place, right time- thats how nirvana became "legends". and namaste, if you think im just some shithead who doesnt even know anything bout nirvana youd be wrong, even though you were ther, id bet it that i know more than you do about nirvana cos i used to be big into them until i realised that they werent the only band on the planet

I prefer Nirvana to the rest of the bands they got grouped with, but I think that's because Nirvana's music was more like just catchy pop tunes that happened to have loud guitars and screaming, whereas everybody else had more of the hard rock/"classic" rock sound, which I'm not into as much.

At any rate, I don't see why it can't just be a matter of personal taste without becoming some ridiculous competition to determine who's "best."

• 11 years later...

Revive this thread.

There needs to be another Grunge and Alternative Rock revolution.

As a massive fan of Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and both the early days and latest material of Radiohead, as well as newer bands like Royal Blood and Wolf Alice, I would love for someone to ignore all the rules of the charts and make one Alt-Rock jam that just lowers all these dance remixes and so called 'artists' away from being popular.

Imagine if a current, pile of absolute club garbage chart like this:

[ATTACH=full]4263[/ATTACH]

...was turned into a chart like this:

At number one this week, it's Radiohead with their brand new song from their new album: Identikit!

At number two this week, it's a brand new song from Royal Blood called Shadows In The Moon!

At number three this week, it's a returning classic by Nirvana, Smells Like Teen Spirit!

At number four this week, it's a climber, it's Stressed Out by twenty øne piløts!

And at number five this week, it's the new single, which has been edited to be more raw and alternative rocking, from Coldplay it's Up&Up!

And at number 9999999 this week it's the dance remixes and newer shit songs made by Beyonce:laugh3:

IMAGINE THAT, THE CHARTS WOULD BE HEAVEN.