✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Grunge music

Jacob

It's my favorite kind of music ever. It's all about the teen angst and the heavily distorted guitars. Too bad it's over now though. It will be back one day!

By the way, Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins is the best grunge cd ever.

Im a huge alice in chains fan' date='they were the best! R.I.P Layne :([/quote']

they were sooooooooooooo good!! Layne Staley was so cool :embarrased: I was listening to their mtv unplugged album the other day :( would? and rooster are my fav AIC songs :)

Man Ren you're making me wanna dig out all my old cds! :lol: :cool: :P

Yeah I used to love the film singles! I haven't seen it in sooooo long but I remember a couple of bands had cameos in that film I think Chris cornell did and Eddie Vegger :idea2:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ethinyloestradiol

grunge, what an awful term for bands that didnt really sound alike but compared with pumpkins,soundgarden,aic,pj, and sonic youth, nirvana were shit- NO theyre not rock gods, but grunge was great, its better than whats out now

i had to re-evaluate my opinion of nirvana when i realized that if nirvana hadn't existed we wouldn't have to put up with garbage like nickelback or puddle of mud. :P

I fail to understand how it's somehow Nirvana's fault that lame-ass take themselves way too seriously bands like Nickleback appeared. Besides, Nickleback doesn't sound like grunge- it sounds like wanky rock'n'roll- unfortunately, that's always around. :(

Alternative music was great before it got labeled 'Grunge' was and was co-opted by corporate shills who delivered to us using people with the lowest common denominator taste and talent. :angry:

Oh, for all those who were in diapers when Nirvana was redifining the world music scene and try to dis them.... PUH-leeze. Sorry, I was there- and you were being potty trained or whatever listening to Barney soundtracks. *Ahem ahem- Parchutist*

Ok- I'm done now.

Anyway, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains and Nirvana are still worth listening to... and ya- way better than a lot of bands since.