✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How fast do you read ?

Jewel

Guest LiquidSky
I can read pretty quickly when I put my mind to it' date=' but the book has to be interesting![/quote']

same here ;)

I can read pretty quickly when I put my mind to it, but the book has to be interesting!

yeah same with me. if the books not interesting it can take me so much longer to read. but on those books i usually just don't read them.

I inhale books.

Depending on your interests, I would recommend Aldus Huxley's 'Island'- more compelling and less well known than his 'Brave New World' and gives you some good ideas on how to make yourself more sane in this crazy world!

I think so... he certainly had a higher opinion of cultures that give greater weight to the mystical than the intellectual/consumerist drives of Western Culture... I think he saw the Western world a bunch of barbarians.

I inhale books.

Depending on your interests, I would recommend Aldus Huxley's 'Island'- more compelling and less well known than his 'Brave New World' and gives you some good ideas on how to make yourself more sane in this crazy world!

I read Brave New World, and I think it's the only you can find here (of him, in english - I live in Chile and we speak Spanish-) I'd never heard of that book before though. I did like BNW a lot, even though the first like 50 pages are just, to me, like there to be there, not reason at all. I mean there is, but I would like short them up and make it a bit more agreadable. The "second part", I mean after those tedious 50 pages, its awesome! It really cought me up, and well I read it quite a while ago, so I should try it again, cause is one of those books that you read them twice and they are still very very good :D

I inhale books.

I read Brave New World, and I think it's the only you can find here (of him, in english - I live in Chile and we speak Spanish-) I'd never heard of that book before though. I did like BNW a lot, even though the first like 50 pages are just, to me, like there to be there, not reason at all. I mean there is, but I would like short them up and make it a bit more agreadable. The "second part", I mean after those tedious 50 pages, its awesome! It really cought me up, and well I read it quite a while ago, so I should try it again, cause is one of those books that you read them twice and they are still very very good :D

hmmm perhaps i will read this book...or at least check out its cover! :cool:

:o then youre wasting money! :rolleyes:

if i like the book, then ill read about 100-150 pages a day..

and just for fun..

a few of my fav books are:

The earthquake bird by susanna jones

LOTR by you must know who! :P

Down and out in paris and london

and nineteen eighty-four <-----love this book so bad :P both by george orwell..