✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst coldplay song

Guest Ethinyloestradiol

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i say politik is their worst song, i am referring to the technical aspects of the songs. i am not a big fan of those two chord songs. there is not much variety to the song. sure, it has energy and has good dynamics for an opening song, but that lasts for so long. it doesn't have much replay value. this is true for most of the album. it lacks much of the texture that parachutes had. in my opinion, a rush of blood to the head was a poor follow up record to parachutes. yes, i do realize i sound like a stuck up critic...and i do realize i am probably pissing off most who are reading this...but hey, its just my opinion.

I really dislike Whisper... and I have my moments concerning Politik. I can't really handle hearing it each day or anything, but I think the lyrics are brilliant. It showes that sometimes a song doesn't have to be a Bethoven piece of art to get the message across, and for now I think that is the most important thing about Politik.

And although I am a musician myself, I don't really care about the technique, or the fact that it is a two chord song. It's about the vibe, the energy, the message, the intention.... well for me it is at least.

And whisper is for me kind of a song about nothing really.... :confused:

No one has to agree of course, this is just my humble opinion :D

I don't think i can agree with some of this bagging of Politik. Chris says they just wanted a song where they could all just bash on their instruments, and if you think about that as the premise for writing a song, it turned out pretty bloody good!

Best song: Shiver, Clocks, Politik (I could go on for at least 2 another albums worth! :D )

Worst: We Never Change, Animals