✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Alzheimer's Disease

Sweet One

Earlier today, I decided to pay a visit to my grandmother. She lives with my uncle and his wife and it's just a 5 minute drive from where I work. She was diagnosed with Alzheimers in 1998 and this is truly a terrible terrible disease.

Not only did she have no clue who I was when I got there, but she threatened to call the police and report me for stealing her change purse, which she misplaced in the bathroom.

With this disease, one can revert back to their childhood and almost feel like they are reliving it. My grandmother didn't have a lot growing up, so everytime she sees something left behind by someone, she keeps it for herself. She had to resort to that when she was younger.

For me it was really sad to see her like this. This was the woman who helped raise me when i was younger, was the one who taught me how to sew and make my own clothing, and encouraged me to always write. She was always strong, and now, she's like a young child. It's truly terrible.

Does anybody else know someone who has this disease?

Alzheimer's is not a disease, it's erm, what you call a medical condition, I think! It's like diabetes!

and I know quite a lot of people with that, since I work at this house for old people, who've been abbandoned and so; well many of them got Alzheimer

Laura I feel so sad for you and your grandmother :(

My boyfriend's grandad has Alzheimers and it's just so distressing to hear about how much he has changed and what kind of things happen.

It sounds like you had fun when you were little! - Making your own clothes... niiiiiice :D

OMG. And we make mostly fun on it at school. :stunned: So sorry for all.

making fun of a neurological condition... wow.

kids these days....

theyre getting worse each day... :stunned:

its such a sad thing to see people with the disease...

OMG. And we make mostly fun on it at school. :stunned: So sorry for all.

making fun of a neurological condition... wow.

kids these days....

theyre getting worse each day... :stunned:

its such a sad thing to see people with the disease...

IT'S NOT A DISEASE! :angry:

IT'S A MEDICAL CONDITION! :)

*gus sweet thing* sorry to hear this

Garry!! Nice to see you again buddy! :)

He's going in a home pretty soon.

My aunts and uncles are actually debating whether or not to put her in one.

It sounds like you had fun when you were little! - Making your own clothes... niiiiiice

yup. She's a great lady. She watches The Price is Right every morning. :D

IT'S NOT A DISEASE!

IT'S A MEDICAL CONDITION!

Taken from the Alzheimer's Association:

Alzheimer’s disease (pronounced AHLZ-hi-merz)is a complex disease that affects the brain. Approximately 4.5 million Americans have this disease.

Notice...DISEASE. :D

*prods Laura* thanks for the welcome wagon....

you'll be alright, people are fickle, and make fun of whatthey don't understand, and also try to make it seem as though they do understand things they don't

ignore everyone else, it might be a hard time to go through, but you will be alright in the end.

*prods Laura* thanks for the welcome wagon....

you'll be alright, people are fickle, and make fun of whatthey don't understand, and also try to make it seem as though they do understand things they don't

ignore everyone else, it might be a hard time to go through, but you will be alright in the end.

Thanks Garry. It's nice having you back. :)