July 7, 200620 yr aw Jonsi crying... thats wt i call real music, comes straight from the heart :nice: bless!
July 10, 200620 yr I saw Sigur Ros last night..... Wow. They COMPLETELY blew my mind. I was right on the barrier and luckily could see almost everything (although I was off to the side more). Abso-fucking-lutely amazing. They were one of the BEST bands of the entire Oxegen festival weekend, and I saw some really amazing bands play. What a way to turn 18 and end the best day of my life :nice: I cried at the end, it was so unbelievably powerful. I took tons of video of them too, so I'll be uploading those when I get back into the States tomorrow. Actually, more like Wednesday since all tomorrow I'll have insane jetlag.... God, they are so amazing. Even my dad who didn't know them at all (and kept calling them "Sigaro" like "Figaro" :rolleyes:) was blown away. The tent was packed too, which was surprising considering the Red Hot Chili Peppers were playing at the same exact time.
July 11, 200620 yr I saw Sigur Ros last night..... Wow. They COMPLETELY blew my mind. I was right on the barrier and luckily could see almost everything (although I was off to the side more). Abso-fucking-lutely amazing. They were one of the BEST bands of the entire Oxegen festival weekend, and I saw some really amazing bands play. What a way to turn 18 and end the best day of my life :nice: I cried at the end, it was so unbelievably powerful. I took tons of video of them too, so I'll be uploading those when I get back into the States tomorrow. Actually, more like Wednesday since all tomorrow I'll have insane jetlag.... God, they are so amazing. Even my dad who didn't know them at all (and kept calling them "Sigaro" like "Figaro" :rolleyes:) was blown away. The tent was packed too, which was surprising considering the Red Hot Chili Peppers were playing at the same exact time. Me too!! They were definitely the highlight and I was just blown away by how powerful and beautiful it was! It seemed like they only played for a short time but I savoured every moment! Everyone seemed so into it and the crowd were all genuine fans and not just people who were there to pass time :) I'm just so glad that they were on sunday night and not saturday night because saturday was just a disaster!! :stunned: :(
July 12, 200620 yr Me too!! They were definitely the highlight and I was just blown away by how powerful and beautiful it was! It seemed like they only played for a short time but I savoured every moment! Everyone seemed so into it and the crowd were all genuine fans and not just people who were there to pass time :) I'm just so glad that they were on sunday night and not saturday night because saturday was just a disaster!! :stunned: :( I had no idea they were so well known and "popular" (well, you know, as popular as you can get) in Ireland. Here in the States I had to discover them via the internet (thank god I did). But everyone around me knew the songs and wow.... it was amazing.... I was right by one of the speakers so I was quite literally "feeling" the music... :laugh4: I love how they came out for about 4 different stage bows... :laugh3: :heart: They're incredible................ jeez. Oh wow, Saturday was a complete wipeout. But I was seeing such amazing bands that nothing could bring me down. Of course I'm paying for it now, I've got a massive cold and sinus infection coming on...:rolleyes: That's what ya get for standing and moshing for 3 hours in the pouring rain to The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys.. Damn them!!!
July 12, 200620 yr I had no idea they were so well known and "popular" (well, you know, as popular as you can get) in Ireland. Here in the States I had to discover them via the internet (thank god I did). But everyone around me knew the songs and wow.... it was amazing.... I was right by one of the speakers so I was quite literally "feeling" the music... :laugh4: I love how they came out for about 4 different stage bows... :laugh3: :heart: They're incredible................ jeez. Oh wow, Saturday was a complete wipeout. But I was seeing such amazing bands that nothing could bring me down. Of course I'm paying for it now, I've got a massive cold and sinus infection coming on...:rolleyes: That's what ya get for standing and moshing for 3 hours in the pouring rain to The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys.. Damn them!!! Yeah I didn't think the tent would have been as crowded as it was, but I did know that they were popular over here :) Us Irish folk know our music ;) :laugh3: Well we have a lot of underground alternative radio stations who would play them and they're also played on a few music shows over here :D The only thing that annoyed me about the crowd was how they started cheering and applauding before the song would actually be finished :embarassed: and their endings are the most beautiful :heart: Ah that's so cool how you were close to the stage. We were somewhere in the middle. I had a perfect view though :) Yeah the bowing was so cute and I don't think they understood our "one more tune" chants :laugh3: I know exactly what you mean about paying for it now! I'm dying with a cold and every bone in my body still aches, but it was all worth it!! :D :D Get well soon :)
July 13, 200620 yr Yeah soo I've seen this thread around but I never gave these guys any real thought...but I just got ( ) and I dunno what to expect. If it's on here it must be good, right? :D *crosses fingers and hopes he likes Sigur Rós* Hmmm the singer kinda sounds like Thom Yorke... :)
July 13, 200620 yr OMG! that was the worse thing to say... you just CANT Compare Jonsi to Thom Yorke, thats just wrong.
July 13, 200620 yr If you're new to Sigur Rós I suggest you give 'Takk' a listen. That's what I did, and it's the most accesible album in my opinion.
July 13, 200620 yr ^i agree, the first album i bought for them was Takk and i absoloutly fell in love with it. then moved down to () and Agaetis Byrjun which actually turned out to be their best. ;)
July 14, 200620 yr ^ My only problem with Takk is that there're only 3 proper songs in there... The rest of the album is built around these 3 tracks. And although glossoli, saeglopur and gong are mindblowingly beautiful, they're not quite enough to carry the whole album through. IMO, the band didn't quite make enough of the remaining material to make it a really satisfying listen.
Create an account or sign in to comment