✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Footy

Sternly

Football is the universal word for the game of Association football, in a few countries, most notably America and Australia, it is called soccer as to not confuse it with their own national hybrid sports of American Football and Aussie Rules Football.

wow, now I'm confused.

When our teacher tell us he has played footy, he means like a very rustic way of Rugby and I thought Julia meant the same, but you say something different.

Footy doesn't mean rugby here. :confused: I think it just depends on what part of the world you're from because...everyone calls it different stuff! But we call soccer:soccer and we call rugby:rugby and we call AFL (Australian Football League): Footy/Football. So yeah, we just call things different. :P

This is Australian Football:

009755ag.jpg

009697aj.jpg

010778ah.jpg

010927ao.han

...i'm not very good at explaining things but I hope that helped. :/ :)

That's what we call Footy here too....... actiolly that's what I meant by " a very rustic way of Rugby", thought It's not even that...... it looks like a hybrid between American Footbal and Rugby :confused: :lol:

ours it's just a very rustic (simple) Rugby... no rules, no stops. That's footy.... well at the beginning it was just kicking (that's why Footy) but then, it's what I said, to us at least. :cool: (I think though!)