✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tell me your own Politik

';'

i'm putting this all here because i feel like more ppl will see it.....

Ian has put up a new poll if you havnt already seen it. :D

i just want to know where everyone stands on what coldplay are doing...politically. why do you think coldplay are playing politik at the grammys

What Chris Martin says about Bush.

Talk about what and why you answered the poll the way you did.

This just happens to interest me so much, and I'd love to hear what other people think.

:D :D

oooh a loaded thread, me likes :D

Well I'm not sure anything in music (chris martin, ms dynamite etc etc) will have any effect on political outcomes but I guess its their opportunity to have their say in front of millions of people, and I don't blame them for doing it. Personally I'm all for war, if only to save millions of innocent people and future generations from a tyrannical leader.

i voted for yes. i`m against da war. i think ppl in america and the new generations aren`t aware of the danger war brings. we should now remember 2nd world war (and the previous one as well) to see how it all went. it was terrible. no one should forget about what happened so we won`t make that mistake again! i don`t think bush realizes the danger.

and go chris! support MTF and anti-war protests!

i actually printed 'NO WAR F**K NO!' on my vest hehehe eeeh and i`m protesting in mah house.

i voted for yes. i`m against da war. i think ppl in america and the new generations aren`t aware of the danger war brings. we should now remember 2nd world war (and the previous one as well) to see how it all went. it was terrible. no one should forget about what happened so we won`t make that mistake again! i don`t think bush realizes the danger.

and go chris! support MTF and anti-war protests!

i actually printed 'NO WAR F**K NO!' on my vest hehehe eeeh and i`m protesting in mah house.

i agree with you. i'm in a hurry, i have to go back to my 'other house' to go to university, so this will be my last post for a while.

where is the poll? :?

I've just read about a supposed anti-war concert being planned with them, Travis and Ms Dynamite. At the end of the day they are entitled to their opinions but I'm not sure music/politics should mix. A more validated argument would be welcome - just saying that Bush is stupid is an easy thing to do and in the end, doesn't really help anyone.

Similarly, it is hardly groundbreaking to point out that killing people is bad (this seemed to be the main message behind the Ms Dynamite/George Michael duet) - I don't think anyone really wants war, but sometimes it is unavoidable, and may, in the long run, save lives.

There's probably tonnes more to say about this but I'll leave it for now, apart from the fact that it is very comforting that, where we live, people are allowed such freedom of speech, and it is not a right which should be taken for granted. When it is used effectively, causes such as MTF can benefit so much, but when unqualified, rash statements are made, it benefits nobody.

I've just read about a supposed anti-war concert being planned with them, Travis and Ms Dynamite. At the end of the day they are entitled to their opinions but I'm not sure music/politics should mix. A more validated argument would be welcome - just saying that Bush is stupid is an easy thing to do and in the end, doesn't really help anyone.

Similarly, it is hardly groundbreaking to point out that killing people is bad (this seemed to be the main message behind the Ms Dynamite/George Michael duet) - I don't think anyone really wants war, but sometimes it is unavoidable, and may, in the long run, save lives.

There's probably tonnes more to say about this but I'll leave it for now, apart from the fact that it is very comforting that, where we live, people are allowed such freedom of speech, and it is not a right which should be taken for granted. When it is used effectively, causes such as MTF can benefit so much, but when unqualified, rash statements are made, it benefits nobody.

Can you tell janey does Government and Politics? :D

I dont really understand it all. You might think that is really shallow and immature, but to be frank I dont give a shite what other people think. I dont like what is happening. I dont like war. I've just watched videos on Vietnam which we had to case study for history, and it completely depressed me. It just very sad that things have to come to this. And as for Coldplay and all that I think good on 'em. Freedom of speech and all that. I know im shallow blah de blah and shouldn't really have quoted janeys big long sensible matiure thing, but sorry, I dont get any of it and dont want to cos it makes me very sad.

Also note, that I haven't read this thread properly and have probably go tthe wrong end of the stick. I really do sell myself as an extremely intelligent person dont I? Go me! :P

i think you're taking chris's comments too seriously. actually i think everybody is.

i think you're taking chris's comments too seriously. actually i think everybody is.

excatly!! see i actually was amused by what he said. And then everyone was like BAD BAD CHRIS. So i though ahhh maria has not quite grasped this incident, and so will be good and not let anyone know that it simply amused her, so she doen't look like a thick shite.

*gags self*

I feel that anyone is entitled to say what they want, but when it gets to a point where the band is known more for their political opinion than their music, we have a problem. And I am fearing that this could potentially happen.

See with Bono and U2 he has been very vocal about issues going on in the world, but he has not made it a U2 issue, he has made it more of a Bono thing. Whereas Chris has turned it into a entire Coldplay opinion. I think that people can have views, but if a band has views then there will be some bigger problems. I think that they need to make a strong difference between Coldplay one of the greatest bands, and Chris Martin's political views. If those two are put together it will create more controversy.

I was in that biggest peace march in British history last week. :) But I was there by accident, sort of... anyway, I was part of history! :D :D

I personally don't know what would be the answer. I mean I see pros and cons for going and not doing to war. I don't agree with Bush on many issues... Why Iraq? Why now? But seems like something needs to be done with the current situations in the Middle East and North Korea... but I'm not sure war is going to solve these problems. I don't know what is...

I think it's great Chris or other artists are speaking out, regardless of what they think. People always say our generation doesn't give a shite about anything, some of us do! At least sometimes!

Ok, enough of my own politik! :shrug: :P