• Replies 84.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crests

• TraceOddity

• Matter-Eater Lad

• ivet

Yeah, things have changed. Modernity takes its toll on humble places. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLMotU8Tu9E]‪[/ame]Thinking about the world I once knew.

Which isn't to say change is all bad, but it could be a bit more kinder to place, to nurture a sense of community, things at a human scale. I suppose I'm just a hopeless romantic, dreaming the impossible dream.

‪[/url]Thinking about the world I once knew.

Which isn't to say change is all bad, but it could be a bit more kinder to place, to nurture a sense of community, things at a human scale. I suppose I'm just a hopeless romantic, dreaming the impossible dream.

Made me think of John Lennon: "Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I am not the only one"

And you are not the only one dreaming the impossible dream. :)

I didn't know I was capable of breaking someone's heart. I didn't do it on purpose though. But we're fine, I'm going to see him tomorrow in town and hug him and tell him sorry for being such a freaking idiot. It wasn't because of him anyway, it was me. And then we will walk amongst the others with a candle and hope that the ones who are lost will be found, that the hurt will be healed, and that the ones who have lost their lives and lost someone they love will get through. We, Norway, will always stay strong.

Thanks Nancy!

But it will be a long and winding road to get there, that's for sure! Seems like things are changing, a little here, a little there. Maybe an amendment is still a ways off.. but something to stem the tide of corruption and the inequities between the plutocrats and the 99.9% of us. I keep thinking if the money were shifted from the excesses of military equipment, and applied instead to building a green future, how many lasting jobs would be created, saving us money on fuel costs, the savings then to be put back into stimulating economic activity that further improves lives.

Watched a show on the income inequities in the U.S., wondering why we can't improve working wages so people can actually make ends meet. The manufacturing sector needs to be rebuilt, for without it, we have no base. Paying a living wage is a must, we've lagged far behind in that as well. But I can't see how, without removing the power of influential interests over politicians, we can achieve any of this.

To level the playing field, and understand it isn't just a game - it's our collective well being that's at stake, and we need to select statesmen and stateswomen, not just more politicians.

I didn't know I was capable of breaking someone's heart. I didn't do it on purpose though. But we're fine, I'm going to see him tomorrow in town and hug him and tell him sorry for being such a freaking idiot. It wasn't because of him anyway, it was me. And then we will walk amongst the others with a candle and hope that the ones who are lost will be found, that the hurt will be healed, and that the ones who have lost their lives and lost someone they love will get through. We, Norway, will always stay strong.

I hope your reunion is a good one. I truly sense your loss, and I hope that the hurt will begin to heal. Loss is not easy, it saddens me to think about it as well. :cry:

Hmmmm. . . Marimo moss ball, java fern, or anubias? Too bad the moss ball costs more than 2 fish. . . But it's so ridiculously awesome I may have to get one. Gah, I wish I could get some Amazon Sword too. :bomb:

I think I'll go with the moss ball and some floating java fern. . . I can always introduce the anubias later if live plants work out for me. . .

So what should I name my ball of moss? :thinking: I don't know why, but I quite like Luigi. :lol:

Spoiled fish, another $9 spent on them just on moss :|

:lol:

This is the truth. I actually went to school with a guy named Pete Moss,lol. Poor guy!

A Richard Head and a Teresa Green too?:rolleyes:

How about two of my personal faves, Mary Hinge and Hugh Jarse?:lol:

Then, of course, there's always Di Rea and her brother, Connor.:P

Hahaha, don't feel bad. One year I was so broke I asked my mom for socks...and really wanted them! THAT's way worse than a moss ball! And if it's something you love, then it is your life and it's cool!:D

:lol:!

That's very true. :hug:

"hey man, just got outta the tuuuuuubes" funniest line in MST3K history, along with the Rowsdower song and "thank god I have saved you!"