✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE **I LOVE HARRY POTTER** THREAD

badlydrawngirl

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now to divert the awkward silence with some more interesting videos...

queen skit

http://video.the-leaky-cauldron.org/video/488

daniel radcliffe jonathan ross first time parts 1 and 2 *really hyper kid apparently*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt05hKK6r1k]YouTube - Daniel Radcliffe first on Jonathan Ross (part 1)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqC4LfMDqL0&feature=related]YouTube - Daniel Radcliffe first On Jonathan Ross Part 2[/ame]

"sorry!...but you're funny!"

A couple questions that have been bugging me lately:

1. Did Snape make the unbreakable vow before or after Dumbledore told Snape to kill him?

In the chapter "the prince's tale" of DH's, Dumbledore asks Severus if he is the natural successor to draco in the act of him(dumbledore)...and snape only pauses and says something to the effect of "that is the dark lord's plan, I think."

My intuition guesses that the unbreakable vow happened first, which made dumbledore's request so ironic. But the books are very unclear as to when the events occured. One might assume HBP works chronologically, and the opening scene with narcissa happened first, but dumbledore's hand is already damaged by the time he arrives at the dursley's. Surely it would put snape in a slightly better light if he knew dumbledore was doomed before vowing to furfill the task of killing him...what do you guys think?

2. What is the deformed, infant-like creature crying in the "King's Cross" chapter?

I don't really expect an obvious answer this...it's more interpretive which makes it all the more fascinating. Rowling doesn't even offer a lot of clues about it, dumbledore's comments about it are restricted to very few words. This may be my favorite chapter of the whole series, just the way the dialogue is so perfectly and carefully placed. and the fact that this ambiguous element is there is very intriguing. How do you guys interpret it?

apparently that link cannot be accessed by muggles!!!

embarrassed to say I've been to her site once or twice.................................................................................................................or everyday....

:rolleyes:

2. What is the deformed, infant-like creature crying in the "King's Cross" chapter?

I don't really expect an obvious answer this...it's more interpretive which makes it all the more fascinating. Rowling doesn't even offer a lot of clues about it, dumbledore's comments about it are restricted to very few words. This may be my favorite chapter of the whole series, just the way the dialogue is so perfectly and carefully placed. and the fact that this ambiguous element is there is very intriguing. How do you guys interpret it?

I don't know, but I think I saw her explain this once. I think it's supposed to represent Voldemort, and the small amount of human left in him. It's very deep and like you said, up to interpretation, but I see it as a symbol of Voldemort.

This thread makes me feel so sad for not being a native english, cuz i would love to talk to you all so openly about HP and everything about it, but i can't :(

Unless you want me to speak in portuguese and then you use one of those translation sites :P

Speak as freely as you can, we're pretty good at inferring words that aren't perfectly correct.:)

This thread makes me feel so sad for not being a native english, cuz i would love to talk to you all so openly about HP and everything about it, but i can't :(

Unless you want me to speak in portuguese and then you use one of those translation sites :P

Then maybe you should try Parseltongue. We all speak it on here, of course!:P

Just saw this thread... HP is one of my addictions. My fave character is Sirius Black. :D I used to hate Snape but after reading the last book, I've forgiven him (a bit) for all his cruelty to Sirius (and Harry of course).

Just saw this thread... HP is one of my addictions. My fave character is Sirius Black. :D I used to hate Snape but after reading the last book, I've forgiven him (a bit) for all his cruelty to Sirius (and Harry of course).

Yay! Another HP nut!:rolleyes:

hurrah! let us partake in the wearig of silly hats while writing fan fics and playing harry potter board games while listening to wrock to the extent that every dignified human on earth rolls their eyes tenfold!!!

....or just hello....and high-five for liking harry potter!

hurrah! let us partake in the wearig of silly hats while writing fan fics and playing harry potter board games while listening to wrock to the extent that every dignified human on earth rolls their eyes tenfold!!!

....or just hello....and high-five for liking harry potter!

I'll go with "Hello"

WHich is your fav HP book and movie?

LOL This is the harry potter thread so I guess you really better go with "hello."

My fave book is the Prisoner of Azkaban mainly because of Sirius Black and The Deathly Hollows. For the movie, I'd go with The Goblet of Fire. :D

LOL This is the harry potter thread so I guess you really better go with "hello."

My fave book is the Prisoner of Azkaban mainly because of Sirius Black and The Deathly Hollows. For the movie, I'd go with The Goblet of Fire. :D

Everyone's favorite movie seems to be Goblet of Fire!:laugh3:

Or rather, a Potter potty.:rolleyes:

Yup. I hereby decree that henceforth, all Harry Potter addicts should be referred to as "Potties"!!:P

:rolleyes:

Fine w/me:cool:

The Goblet of Fire seems to be the most satisfying, it has summed up the book better than the other movies.

I hated the Prisoner of Azkaban movie. It is my favorite book and the movie is very disappointing. For the "order of the phoenix," it seems incomplete but of course its understandable.