✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 10 - My Universe | Coldplay X BTS | Music of the Spheres

I am not 100% familiar with BTS but will say this 

Whether you guys like it or not I definitely see a future BTS collaboration 

The dance crew that worked with Coldplay on Higher Power are the Ambiguous Dance Company from South Korea.

Who else is from South Korea? BTS

happy kat dennings GIF

Edited by harrisonrules
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Based on several interviews, it's pretty clear that Coldplay have been working with BTS on something.

Not sure what it is, it seems highly confidential. It could either be part of the album or maybe part of something on BTS' side? 

It was confirmed that only Chris was in South Korea a few weeks ago though.

So we don't know how this collaboration will happen, or if it ever will (we don't know what could happen), but yeah there's definitely something going on!

I was not too excited at first but you know what, why the hell not! The only thing that really weirds me out is that a band AND a group collaborating...feels like a lot of people on a stage for instance :laugh3: But maybe BTS singing the chorus or like as a choir on a song you know? Why not! :wacko:

• Like 5
  • Angry 2

I think a BTS track feat. Chris Martin would make more sense but, after SJLT, I have learned that Coldplay is not afraid at all to collaborate with any act that is "trendy".

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • harrisonrules changed the title to Coldplay and BTS "My Universe"

I'm wondering why everyone's so sure about this particular song when (as said before) Genius and other lyric websites are easy to edit. There was a link before with supposed lyrics to a song titled "Music of the Spheres" that turned out to be false because MOTS is simply an instrumental.

The BTS collab may happen but I'm still rather skeptical about it actually happening. There are plenty of trolls on the Internet that post false information and at this point I wouldn't believe everything Chris says (or doesn't say, for that matter). If fans want it to happen then they'll continue posting about it and generate steam and hype, which is what it's doing right now - it could happen to any sort of news, legitimate or not. Kirboh's "Fool's Gold" tracklist still haunts me to this day and I still take any rumours with a grain of salt. Also, the lyrics seem unbelievably bad. Not just bad in Coldplay standards like HP, but just bad lyricism. BTS have better-written songs than this. Every single (or almost every single) Coldplay song has better lyrics than this. IMO these lyrics feel like they were written by someone who wanted a Coldplay x BTS collaboration but barely listened to any Coldplay lyrics. Sure, it might be a BTS collab, but it also might just be a BTS and Chris thing. People were freaking out about Chris going to Korea but wasn't that just for the holograms as they are a Korea-based dance company?

At this point I really don't know. It might be true but at the moment - and until it actually comes out - I'm hugely skeptical. Higher Power was billed as the big single from the album. The second single would bring with it news about the album whereas they're getting all this buzz, media attention, interviews, etc. from just one song that they're planning to promote for months. Not to mention, BTS also did the same with Butter. They're promoting it so heavily for their upcoming record that it's probably the main single. Would they really promote these singles as much if they knew there was a much more marketable song coming up that was guaranteed to break records? I'm not sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It seems the BTS fans have now caught on. Nothing is confirmed, but they got Coldplay trending on Twitter because now they've found the supposed leaked lyrics.

Screenshot_20210531-032104.thumb.png.05e34726043cda46f2b442c4ee18e57e.png

8 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

I'm wondering why everyone's so sure about this particular song when (as said before) Genius and other lyric websites are easy to edit. There was a link before with supposed lyrics to a song titled "Music of the Spheres" that turned out to be false because MOTS is simply an instrumental.

The BTS collab may happen but I'm still rather skeptical about it actually happening. There are plenty of trolls on the Internet that post false information and at this point I wouldn't believe everything Chris says (or doesn't say, for that matter). If fans want it to happen then they'll continue posting about it and generate steam and hype, which is what it's doing right now - it could happen to any sort of news, legitimate or not. Kirboh's "Fool's Gold" tracklist still haunts me to this day and I still take any rumours with a grain of salt. Also, the lyrics seem unbelievably bad. Not just bad in Coldplay standards like HP, but just bad lyricism. BTS have better-written songs than this. Every single (or almost every single) Coldplay song has better lyrics than this. IMO these lyrics feel like they were written by someone who wanted a Coldplay x BTS collaboration but barely listened to any Coldplay lyrics. Sure, it might be a BTS collab, but it also might just be a BTS and Chris thing. People were freaking out about Chris going to Korea but wasn't that just for the holograms as they are a Korea-based dance company?

At this point I really don't know. It might be true but at the moment - and until it actually comes out - I'm hugely skeptical. Higher Power was billed as the big single from the album. The second single would bring with it news about the album whereas they're getting all this buzz, media attention, interviews, etc. from just one song that they're planning to promote for months. Not to mention, BTS also did the same with Butter. They're promoting it so heavily for their upcoming record that it's probably the main single. Would they really promote these singles as much if they knew there was a much more marketable song coming up that was guaranteed to break records? I'm not sure.

Ahhhhhh yes, Kirboh's Fool's Gold hoax. I do remember that. I recall Coldplay fans doing something similar back in 2014. They took random background music from a BBC TV spot and tried to pass it off as a snippet of Miracles before the real song was released. People were doing this with Higher Power too by posting the leaked AOAL demo Legends and claiming it was Higher Power. I love this fanbase but there are some irritating people who really just want attention and nothing else. So we should be skeptical even if somebody posts an audio clip on social media and says it's a leaked snippet of My Universe.

I agree with you concerning the second single. Why would Higher Power get so much promotion right before the band releases a second single that could arguably have an even better chance of becoming a hit? Just like what BTS is doing with Butter. I had similar thoughts in regard to the "They're coming" postcards, it just felt like it was too soon for Coldplay to be teasing another single.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, GarbageOffice said:

Just realized the lyrics from here are correct:
https://matchlyric.com/coldplay-my-universe/

Not really a fan of the Korean parts for now, but the snippets all sound great. Sounds like an indie-pop thing from AHFOD.

I'm excited for those! The English parts alone are kind of... shallow? I don't know if that's the proper word, but the they give me A Sky Full of Stars tease: not bad, but Chris can do better. Coldplay's philosophy is about accepting different people and cultures, so it makes me happy that BTS was allowed to write their own verses and sing on their own language, it will add more depth and authenticity to the song!

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2021 at 3:43 AM, gustavothehuman said:

I'm excited for those! The English parts alone are kind of... shallow? I don't know if that's the proper word, but the they give me A Sky Full of Stars tease: not bad, but Chris can do better. Coldplay's philosophy is about accepting different people and cultures, so it makes me happy that BTS was allowed to write their own verses and sing on their own language, it will add more depth and authenticity to the song!

Omggggg I’m existing 

I've heard the full track a few times now, but I'm gonna stop until the September release - at that point I'll be hearing it everywhere, so I don't want to tire of it!

My thoughts: I really like the production. I LOVE the funky bass. Chris' voice is great, and the hook is VERY catchy. The BTS boys also blend in really well, and I'm happy that there are parts in Korean. The final drop is great too (as heard in the trailer)...

Critiques? The lyrics are indeed very simple, but then again this is clearly one of a couple tracks from the album designed to be a charting single, and this makes its success more likely in 2021. For the song, I think it still works. Like I said, the hook is great. The only thing I would've changed is to maybe take out one rendition of the chorus (it's repeated a lot) and replace it with longer verses to flesh out the main lyrical content a bit more.

All in all, I'm sure it won't be my favourite on the album, but it's a strong single. As far as pop Coldplay goes, I think they're on good form here. It is much better than the likes of Hymn for the Weekend, and (as much as I love it) it doesn't sound as dated as ASFOS did when that came out.

I hope the boys get another no.1 from this. It means nothing if they don't, and they're clearly not bothered, but I'd be happy for them. Plus, whilst success isn't the most important thing at all (music is), we all love to boast about our band being the biggest in the world, don't we? Not every fan can say that.

Edited by Yes?
  • Like 3

Actually pretty cool song. I like old guitar/piano-driven Coldplay better, but this one will be enjoyable just like ASFOS. I like the funky vibe in the verses and that bit that sounds just like the Violet Hill intro near the end. Imo the best collab they've done, find the lyrics a bit cheesy though.

• Like 1

• stephen changed the title to Track 10 - My Universe | Coldplay X BTS | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned, unpinned and featured this topic