✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

~*~ The Official Will Champion Appreciation Thread ~*~

Breakfast_of_CHAMPION

I understand nothing about drums or any instrument. All I can say is that Will is very talented and, probably, there will be lots of different percussion things on this album. I remember reading something that this Porspekt person said about Will, as a drummer, leading the songs, rather than just following them.

So, let's wait a little bit more and see it by ourselves. I think we'll not be disapointed.

yeah, i remember prospekt saying that abt Will's drumming :) *sigh* i know i won't be disappointed - Will's gonna rock! :D

Hey Jilly, I am glad I did too! WILLUV4EVER!!!

Sorry I am not posting much lately, I do read this board all the time though. I am super excited for LP4! I can't wait to hear and soon see Will beating those drums!

:drummer:

Hi Mary!!! It's so nice to see you :) Yay!! WILLUV4EVER! :D

(sorry abt the double post)

yeah, i remember prospekt saying that abt Will's drumming :) *sigh* i know i won't be disappointed - Will's gonna rock! :D

He surelly will, mate! Actually, I see Will's progression on every album. And I'm not saying this because I do appreciate everything he does.

Well, maybe I am :laugh3:

Edit: From the "Track by track interview"

wjz2g.jpg

Maryyyyyyyyyyyy! :kiss:

You best be saving your money for some road trips!

I hope evryone hates sthat new LP so we won't have to fight for tickets.

HEY ANG!!! :kiss:I am all ready for CP to tour again! I can't wait, and I totally agree, I hope everyone, except us real fans, hate the new LP and we can be front row again! :laugh3:

Hey Jilly, good to see you too!

hey everyone :) and great wallpaper Mary - thanks for sharing :) i've been so sad not being able to visit coldplaying.com and all my fave coldplaying willuvers, but i just heard the news abt the new album title and how they're finishing it up ... how exciting!!! here's a recent piccie you probably all have seen but i just had to repost it bc i think Will looks absolutely gorgeous and sexy :kiss:

hey everyone :) and great wallpaper Mary - thanks for sharing :) i've been so sad not being able to visit coldplaying.com and all my fave coldplaying willuvers, but i just heard the news abt the new album title and how they're finishing it up ... how exciting!!! here's a recent piccie you probably all have seen but i just had to repost it bc i think Will looks absolutely gorgeous and sexy :kiss:

Your so right!!!

Probably already been posted but I thought it would be nice to share again - an article on ThisIsHampshire.net about Coldplay's contribution to help Southampton achieve Fairtrade city status:

Coldplay's tribute to this fair city

From the archive, first published Friday 26th Mar 2004.

THEY'RE the biggest band of the moment, with two Brits, a Grammy and five million album sales under their belt.

But pop heroes Coldplay still have time to spare a thought for one of their member's home town. The band has sent Southampton a message of support for achieving the long-fought-for Fairtrade city status.

In a letter signed by the four, including former Cantell School pupil Will Champion, they wrote: "Coldplay are tremendously pleased to know that you are working hard to make Southampton a Fairtrade city.

"The campaign to make trade fair all over the world is one which we fully support and we wish you every success.We hope that more cities take the initiative to do the right thing and get people a fair price for their work and produce."

City campaigners who saw Southampton win Fairtrade status at the beginning of March got in touch with the band through Will's dad Tim, who is on the fringes of the Fairtrade group.

Drummer Will, 26, was born in Southampton and went to Cantell School before studying at Peter Symonds College in Winchester. He shot to fame after meeting his fellow band members at University College, London.

Three years ago, Will made an emotional return to Southampton to watch as a commemorative plaque was unveiled at the city university to remember his late mother Dr Sara Champion, an archaeology lecturer, who died of cancer.

This message of support to his home town is a major boost for Fairtrade.

Jane Freeland, from Southampton's Fairtrade group, said: "We were delighted with the message. Coldplay are well-known supporters of Fairtrade and it is great to have celebrities on board, especially with a local connection.

"But this is just the beginning. We now need to expand to other towns, encourage more businesses to stock the products and more people to buy them."

9033.jpg

http://archive.thisishampshire.net/2004/3/26/32766.html

I don't have a picture to post but Will deserves better than half way down the second page...come on, let's show Will some love!:cool:

You're so right!!! It's so nice to see the WILLUV!!!!!! Thanks so much for all the great pics and the article! I have been busy with school stuff, but now things have slightly slowed down so I have time to visit may fave website -- it's so great to see all the news abt Coldplay and the posts on Will!!!!! :D :kiss: