• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sept. 9, 2006) Rolling Stone

So, I guess that would put them in the studio by now....

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...-store-in-soho/

Raconteurs: Live at the Prada Store in Soho

If this is what we have to look forward to at fashion week, we are dead stoked. At the Raconteurs’ performance at the Prada store in Soho on Friday, beautiful waiters served Tequila Sunrises and home-made Bloody Mary shots to swarms of the most fashionable (yet rock-friendly) people in the world. Liv Tyler was there, as was Jack’s wife Karen Elson, plus Interpol’s Carlos D, Wolfmother frontman Andrew Stockdale, a bunch of models we recognized but couldn’t name, and the Goddess of Fashion herself, Anna Wintour. Meeting Iggy Pop was less scary than stalking Anna and pal Andre Leon Talley (wearing a dramatic and tres de rigeur cape) around the airy store before the Raconteur’s performance.

Just when we’d had about enough fashion bullshit (which happened when we realized we had access to the party and not the actual Raconteurs show) the band went on and after some elaborate finagling on our part we found ourselves next to Carlos (who told us Interpol is heading into the studio in three weeks!) and Sharin Foo from the Raveonettes. We totes got to watch Liv and her fellow Lord-of-the-Ringer Orlando Bloom rocking out up front, surrounded by rows of fashionable folks. (Can we just say that fashion people can not dance? They are pretty and skinny and tall and elegant and wear lots of animal skins but they dance like eighth grade boys, all elbows and no rhythm in those giant platforms.)

Anyway, who knew our love for the Raconteurs could grow even greater than it was before. They did not tone down their set in the slightest just because of the purses. The show was so loud you could hear it out on Broadway, and the band sounded incredibly clean and tight as they tore through wild thrashers like “Steady As She Goes” and mournful elegiac tunes like their cover of Nancy Sinatra’s “Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down.)” Bonus: When one of our staffers spotted Jack White and Brendan Benson awkwardly taking off their shoes to go through security at the airport the next morning, he waved, then averted his eyes. No one wants to see the man behind the curtain.

:wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

they won't be promoting or debuting any new material til at least the spring og 2007..... I think the album might drop in the summer or maybe the fall... just in time for Capitol's 4th quarter earnings..... I'd bet on the former........ :)

I plan on going to see Paul DJ in few weeks at Darkroom where he does his usual Wed. night stint with Alex Moreno.... I'll try to take picture.. ;)

Its John Hassall, ex-bassist from the Libertines. Now he is in a bad called Yeti:heart:

Thanks so much the upload MB!:D

he has changed a bit.

oh...off topic but since were talking about bassists..i fell in love , just yesterday, with the bassist of Bloc Party (Gordy)..i don't know what the hell is wrong with me and bassists.

as for interpol release..i think it will be in sale till june, not after.

he has changed a bit.

oh...off topic but since were talking about bassists..i fell in love , just yesterday, with the bassist of Bloc Party (Gordy)..i don't know what the hell is wrong with me and bassists.

as for interpol release..i think it will be in sale till june, not after.

Think so? He does look a bit older though...but that's about it:nice:

Dont start with bassists. Man, I seriously love them all. I dunno its like a curse, its always the bass player for me(or guitar players, but that's not as common). Gordy form Bloc Party is so cute:nice:

girrrrrrrrrrrrrl where have you been? lol their contract was up with Antics... after the finale show last October... they were free agents... after much negotiations.. they decided with Capitol.. and new management. (Dave Holmes) aka Coldplay's manager.... :)

they are currently recording... I think in NYC too... but I hope they go back to Tarquin.. they have good aura there.. :)

Think so? He does look a bit older though...but that's about it:nice:

Dont start with bassists. Man, I seriously love them all. I dunno its like a curse, its always the bass player for me(or guitar players, but that's not as common). Gordy form Bloc Party is so cute:nice:

:nice:

girrrrrrrrrrrrrl where have you been? lol their contract was up with Antics... after the finale show last October... they were free agents... after much negotiations.. they decided with Capitol.. and new management. (Dave Holmes) aka Coldplay's manager.... :)

they are currently recording... I think in NYC too... but I hope they go back to Tarquin.. they have good aura there.. :)

didnt know...so paul is every wed at the darkroom!??...wanna go!!!!

^^joyce!! you were in new york and didnt see him! :confused: though I´m not sure he´s still doing the deuce deuce thing... but if you can GOOO!! he has lost a lot of weight..and he looks better than ever :wink3:

zzzzzzzzu