Sweet One

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Yeah, she's cool.

Her concerts here in Montreal is the 3rd and the 4th, I think I'm gonna get tickets.

lucky monties... she is always there. :disappointed: I know she comes to the states and to Texas. But to big time concerts like ACL and Coachella ...venues my friends care nothing for :rolleyes: she rocks.

Well with a new album come new tours, so who knows?

*crosses fingers* please come to Halifax again, please come to Halifax again.

I first heard about her the last time she was here... and of course tickets sold out in no time flat, so... :\ Well, I have seen her with Broken Social Scene, but it's not the same.

yeah. BSS is one thing, and Feist is another. And I know 'Monarch' mostly sucked. Just two or three good ones. But if I ever ever had my wish of seeing her play live i would want to hear "The Mast" off of that album. . . I would run upstage. Even if it was just that song. Loves it. God, I love that song. And if she could just, give me a private performance of 'Mushaboom', 'Let it Die', and 'Tout Doucement' ...I would die a very happy lady.

I got the Feist album as a gift from a friend last week. I didn't really care for her that much before, but I listened to the album a few times regardless because I would feel guilty if I just put the Cd on my cd rack.

But I actually like it quite a bit now. Especially the song Past In Present.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Feist and Snoop Dogg team up

And releases digital single in February

Feist teamed-up with Snoop Dogg at the Critic Choice Awards last night (January 8) in Los Angeles.

The unlikely pairing (pictured) were called on to present the "Best Song and Best Composer" award.

Meanwhile, Feist releases digital single 'My Moon My Man' on February 11. The video can be seen online now on Youtube.

At the end of 2007 she was nominated for four Grammy Awards: Best New Artist, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Female Pop Vocal, and Best Short Form Music Video.

The ceremony is on February 10.

• 1 month later...

feist comes to germany in june and plays her only concert here in my town!

i might go... the ticket prices are not that high.

yeahie.

that'll be wicked.

i heard she's in the uk around may. anyone going to see her in concert?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wilco/Feist Collab News Blows P4k Circuit Breaker

149545.feisttweed.jpgWhile the greatest-hits-worthy Wilco song "Impossible Germany" is on their last album, 2007's Sky Blue Sky, the record also features a lot of songs that didn't quite live up to their lofty legacy. So there's a little more pressure on the band to come through with goods on the still-untitled follow-up, due this June. To help guarantee a world-class effort, Jeff Tweedy and Co. invited Feist up to their Chicago studio to record vocals for a new Wilco song called "You and I", Rolling Stone's Smoking Section blog reports. "Feist and the dudes in Wilco met at the Grammys last year, and she hit it off with everyone," Smoking Section says. "She's a Wilco fan, and the guys love her music, so they've kept in touch over the past year. Mr. Tweedy is a huge fan of duets, and wanted to work a duet into the new album. Feist was their first call. Everyone who's heard the song has been 'blown away.'"

While we wait for the Feist/Wilco collaboration to get hyped up even further, there's the new Wilco DVD, Ashes of American Flags (out on Record Store Day, April 18), and a world tour starting March 26 to look forward to. Dates:

Wilco:

03-26 Burlington, VT - Higher Ground (Jeff Tweedy solo) *

03-27 Northampton, MA - Calvin Theatre (Jeff Tweedy solo) *

03-28 Beacon, NY - Beacon High Auditorium (Jeff Tweedy solo) (Benefit for Hudson River Sloop Clearwater)

04-14 Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theatre #

04-15 Milwaukee, WI - Pabst Theatre #

04-16 Bloomington, IN - IU Auditorium #

04-17 Athens, OH - Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium #

04-18 Knoxville, TN - Tennessee Theatre #

04-20 Athens, GA - Classic Center #

04-21 Asheville, NC - Thomas Wolfe Auditorium #

04-22 Birmingham, AL - Sloss Furnaces #

04-23 Oxford, MS - Lyric Oxford #

04-25 New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

05-23 Tenerife, Spain - Tenerife Auditorium

05-25 Malaga, Spain - Teatro Cervantes !

05-26 Madrid, Spain - Teatro Calderon !

05-29 Seville, Spain - Territorios Festival, La Cartuja

05-30 Oporto-Braga, Portugal - Teatro Circo

05-31 Lisbon, Portugal - Lisbon Coliseu

06-01 Santiago de Compostela-Galicia, Spain - Palacio de Congresos, Sala Braque

06-03 San Sebastian, Spain - Kursaal

06-04 Barcelona, Spain - Auditori Barcelona

07-11-14 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

07-22-25 Detroit Lakes, MN - 10,000 Lakes Festival

08-21 Erfurt-Hohenfelden, Denmark - Highfield Festival

08-23 Brecon Beacons, Wales - Green Man Festival

* with Pronto

# with A Hawk and a Hacksaw

! with Akron/Family

Leslie Feist stopped here once, wearing that sparkly blue dress of hers.. I did offer her some tomatoes, and she seemed pleased with them!:P Anyhow, glad she's keeping on top of the music scene, although I'm curious to hear how her team-up with Wilco sounds..

• 3 weeks later...