✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is what the Aremricans are being fed

bart

This is not my view the name of the person is Bill O'roally

In the 1930's millions didn't want to confront Adolf Hitler and many Jews in Europe could not conceive of an evil that would attempt to wipe out an entire race of people. Thus, millions of Jews were caught by surprise when rounded up by the Nazis and the world did not join to fight Hitler until it was far too late.

Today's terrorists are Nazis. They will slaughter you and your family, but unlike the Nazis, they have no fear of death.

Americans need to wake up and fast. We are in crisis period where mass murder is an every day possibility.

If every country in the world would confront the evil of terrorism it could not exist on this planets but every country will not do that. They do not see the evil, they do not care if Americans die. The Nazis are back and this time their Panzers are plutonium and anthrax. God help us.

I can't believe you're comparing the atrocities of Adolf Hitler to this. I and millions of others can't see the case for war. Back in 91 we all saw the need for the Gulf war... but this? I just don't see it. There isn't enough evidence to show an immediate threat. War just seems a ridiculous idea - any person with an ounce of intelligence can come to that conclusion.

Besides... how is over-throwing Sadam Hussein going to defeat terrorism? That's the connection I'm all confused about.

i just hope everyone knows that a war against terrorism is NOT a war against muslims. being a muslim myself i find it hard to practice my religion faithfully when eyes of hate are always watching me. (i don't mean everyone! but you know the one or two people...it causes me to be paranoid) i want to vote yes, because i want us to fight for justice, but i also want to vote no because i'm not sure there is any justice!

I can't believe you're comparing the atrocities of Adolf Hitler to this. I and millions of others can't see the case for war. Back in 91 we all saw the need for the Gulf war... but this? I just don't see it. There isn't enough evidence to show an immediate threat. War just seems a ridiculous idea - any person with an ounce of intelligence can come to that conclusion.

Besides... how is over-throwing Sadam Hussein going to defeat terrorism? That's the connection I'm all confused about.

I would like to repeat this is not my view. I am against the WAR.

I think the idea of this war is evil.

I was just Highlighting the veiw of a xennaphobic, comentator on FOX news called Bill O'Reilly

i cant believe people stand on the side of a man that plants people like they are nothing in know military targets. and with the same nazi believe of people in his country that do not share his religion view will be "purified " that lead to the murder of 500,000 people i like the side i stand on no one says there has to be a war the only person that says that is saddam he could easily just pack up and leave.

• 5 years later...
This is not my view the name of the person is Bill O'roally

In the 1930's millions didn't want to confront Adolf Hitler and many Jews in Europe could not conceive of an evil that would attempt to wipe out an entire race of people. Thus, millions of Jews were caught by surprise when rounded up by the Nazis and the world did not join to fight Hitler until it was far too late.

Today's terrorists are Nazis. They will slaughter you and your family, but unlike the Nazis, they have no fear of death.

Americans need to wake up and fast. We are in crisis period where mass murder is an every day possibility.

If every country in the world would confront the evil of terrorism it could not exist on this planets but every country will not do that. They do not see the evil, they do not care if Americans die. The Nazis are back and this time their Panzers are plutonium and anthrax. God help us.

so sad that is true and that this is current problem, yet 6 years later... (i mean there are still terrorists).

but on this time, at least to me, it seems that certain people (politicians) have twisted things a bit for their benefit, and people is lined on one side or the opposite one. :\ just my opinion.

1. This is not being forced on Americans. We have several news options. All I have to do is flip over to a different station, for example MSNBC, to get another view. This is simply one pundit expressing his views. Your title is misleading and incorrect. If I was being "fed" something, I would have no choice in terms of where to get my information.

2. I think he's right. Don't read into it so literally. He is comparing two groups, Nazis and terrorists (fill in the blank with the terrorist group of your choice), who want to see the annihilation of another group. Furthermore, I think terrorist are more dangerous because they do not wear a military uniform or fight under a particular nation's flag.

3. I fully expect an attempted terrorist attack on America in the next year. If I was a terrorist group and hated America, I would strike now. You have a changing administration, a volatile economy, and a citizenry that is unsettled about the future. Seems like a perfect time to create a little chaos. He's simply raising the point that many Americans, including myself, are not on high alert and scared in the same way as after 9/11. I think he is right that many Americans have taken their eye off the ball because they have re-assumed that they are perfectly safe.

4. I always swear that I am not going to talk politics, but I always drag myself back in. So I've said my piece and I'm done.

1. This is not being forced on Americans. We have several news options. All I have to do is flip over to a different station, for example MSNBC, to get another view. This is simply one pundit expressing his views. Your title is misleading and incorrect. If I was being "fed" something, I would have no choice in terms of where to get my information.

2. I think he's right. Don't read into it so literally. He is comparing two groups, Nazis and terrorists (fill in the blank with the terrorist group of your choice), who want to see the annihilation of another group. Furthermore, I think terrorist are more dangerous because they do not wear a military uniform or fight under a particular nation's flag.

3. I fully expect an attempted terrorist attack on America in the next year. If I was a terrorist group and hated America, I would strike now. You have a changing administration, a volatile economy, and a citizenry that is unsettled about the future. Seems like a perfect time to create a little chaos. He's simply raising the point that many Americans, including myself, are not on high alert and scared in the same way as after 9/11. I think he is right that many Americans have taken their eye off the ball because they have re-assumed that they are perfectly safe.

4. I always swear that I am not going to talk politics, but I always drag myself back in. So I've said my piece and I'm done.

I pretty much agree with this. The original poster was thinking too much in terms of the iraq war (which was never mentioned in the excerpt) to actually break down what was being said. People these days are so quick to dismiss conservative hosts as absurd caricatures, without addressing the issues themselves. so...

A. I'm offended that I'm referred to in such an ignorant light. Fox is only one of a half dozen major news sources in America, most of which are on the opposite side of the political compass. The sensation that American's as a whole are being force-fed any one opinion is highly objectionable.

B. What is so bad about O' Reilly's quote? Terrorism and Islamofascism are imminent threats in the world. The pride taken in suicide tactics and bombings, like the kamikaze's, makes them all the more dangerous. Furthermore, the U.S. is alarmingly vulnerable. Despite small security measures, it'd be relatively easy to fill a truck with explosives and detonate it in the middle of new york city or washington D.C.. And terrorist attacks are, historically, most common at the beginning of a new presidents term (See the first terms of Clinton and Bush). So, as Bjaiken said, America is in a false sense of security, similar to that which preceded 9/11.

But again, the excerpt didn't mention war, iraq, or iran. So I don't understand the poll or this thread for that matter.

Well, every war is a fire with only minimal control; and it sometimes unleashes flammables unseen or unexpected, which burn everyone in the end..

I would have to say that being truly an honest broker, and boosting respect for and economic help to other nations and towards all people is the answer. Fires can smolder only when there's dry kindling; water it, and peace will flourish. Water it long enough, and peace will take root and lasting stability will build a forest of trust.

Extremists, such as the NAZIS, could only have gained real power in the economic crash of the late 20's, and the lingering resentments over how one people were treated at the hands of another (at the end of WWI) were the hot embers. Governments and investor ineptness aided the ascent of the extremists. But it was different when compared to today's radical terrorist. Not all terrorists are the same, nor are they really all strictly terrorists; labels are not always as they seem to be, and often demagoguery paints a false coat on a given group or person..

What "O-REALLY?" says is just pure propaganda and sensationalism most of the time; he's just looking to whip people into a frenzy, and sell more air time to an audience that likes to hear a good rant..

The answer to terrorism is long-term support and respect for both the people and the moderates in any nation; stability and checks and balances to ensure win-win economics and improvements - real investment in infrastructure and basic food, water, housing; support for local economies to grow, and systems that check graft in both government and business, so the best of human nature succeeds over the lesser of our nature.

Well, I just think we can't go there.. The realization of what that would mean might be enough to promote sound, well-reasoned thinking to prevail. And besides, it's a more global world than it's ever been - it just would not be possible today - no continent or nation-state possesses enough means of production alone - it's all multi-tiered manufacturing and such - we make the cab, they make the frame, the other place makes the electronic assembly, but the chips are made in XYZ... All the terrorists are is groups of frustrated and often misled individuals who seek inspiration from charismatic leaders, who are often misleading in their real goals and aims; these are the products of fringe behaviors and states which have massive failings in either economics or in government.