✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Canada, eh?!

Canadian_Aphrodite

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parce qu'elles n'arrêtaient pas d'essayer de nous voler notre place en mettant leurs sacs entre nos jambes :angry: :lol:

GO CANADA! :cool:

Aah je vois :lol:

Woot! :dance:

I didn't get to see the performance last night :(

And I can't seem to find the whole thing online yet. But I'm sure it'll turn up in a few days.

Are you there, in Vancouver?? That's truly awesome :D

Are you there, in Vancouver?? That's truly awesome :D

No, I wish! I live in Manitoba. :P

But I was on Coldplaying, and planned to come and watch the final flight of skaters. But I lost track of the time and missed it! :disappointed:

WOOOOO Canada won gold for women's hockey (obvs :rolleyes:)

AND Joannie Rochette won bronze! I can't believe she managed to skate so well, it must have been so hard for her to even go out on to the ice at all! :cry:

^Yeah here too. There's still a lot of snow but there's this smell outside.. you know, I think seasons all have a smell :P And it smells like spring :wacky:

YES, indeed it just smells like spring. I love that :wacky:

:lol: That is awesome.

I'm gonna go cleaning my igloo, now.

Oh, apparently they aren't going to. Hoorah!

I thought The Daily Mail would have told you by now! :shocked3:

Harper government: No changes for Canadian anthem

Feds were looking to make it gender neutral

News1130 Staff Mar 05, 2010 14:31:33 PM

1 Comment(s)

3 Recommendation(s)

OTTAWA (NEWS1130) - It appears the feds heard you loud and clear. The Prime Minister's Office has confirmed the government will not proceed with any changes to the national anthem.

The feds were looking at making it gender-neutral by replacing the line "in all thy sons command," with the original wording of "thou dost is us command."

The possibility was raised in Wednesday's Speech from the Throne but hundreds of callers to the News1130 Listener Line and millions across the country told the Tories to leave the anthem alone.

News1130 hit the streets to see what people think and most said it was silly to change the anthem after so many years, others said some Canadians probably didn't know the word "sons" was in there. One man we spoke with added, "If people are focusing so much on that anthem, there are bigger problems in the world to solve than that."

So, after a two-day national debate the Harper government is standing on guard for the anthem.

I found this just now on the internet, go me!

Oh, apparently they aren't going to. Hoorah!

I thought The Daily Mail would have told you by now! :shocked3:

Nah, I don't think they're remotely interested in Canadian affairs (other than extra-marital ones)............................ :P