✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Travis

lucyinthesky

^i haven't really heard the extended version of StS yet (i think it was on myspace once), as i can't get it here in germany :(

i do have "the ballad of j. smith", tho, and i absolutely love it! a great, great song...

yes, if it's not too cold i think i'm gonna see if i have more luck with meeting fran this time ;) fingers crossed.

would you like me to PM you the extented version of 'Song To Self'?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TODAY!!! :dead: :drunk:

... but i read they won't open with chinese blues, so that's a bit of a downer, to be honest :( i love that song to death.

well, i guess we should try to find fran before the show and change his mind xD

going to the venue in about 3 hours, aahhh! :dance:

Have fun, Sarah!

The concert yesterday in cologne was amazing! I met Mark and .. errm.. moment.. r25d01 :D

Too bad they didn't play Chinese Blues, Flowers in the window and U16 Girls :(

But they played "the song for all the schwankers" (All I wanna do is rock), which was really good :D

Have fun, Sarah!

The concert yesterday in cologne was amazing! I met Mark and .. errm.. moment.. r25d01 :D

But they played "the song for all the schwankers" (All I wanna do is rock), which was really good :D

It was good to meet another Coldplayer, and well done on getting such a great position for your first concert.:D

Travis were great as ever, but I was also disappointed they didn't do "Chinese Blues", which is a fantastic opener, as well as the fact they did less than 90 minutes including the encore.

The security guys were also especially annoying this time.:angry:

On the plus side, I had more people than ever to interact with this time, as I already knew Phil (r25d01) and a couple I'd met at Rockpalast in November.

It was good to meet another Coldplayer, and well done on getting such a great position for your first concert.:D

Travis were great as ever, but I was also disappointed they didn't do "Chinese Blues", which is a fantastic opener, as well as the fact they did less than 90 minutes including the encore.

The security guys were also especially annoying this time.:angry:

On the plus side, I had more people than ever to interact with this time, as I already knew Phil (r25d01) and a couple I'd met at Rockpalast in November.

The security guys were indeed very annoying , especially the one with that angry face :angry: :laugh3: I catched a plectrum of fran, but it fell down the barrier, so we asked the security guy to pick it up.. he did pick it up but then he walked away with it without saying a word :angry: Also, he was really overreacting when someone was taking a video... so I didn't dare to film Fran that obviously, I was always hiding my camera behind you, so I've got a video of closer now, with you headbanging :D

The security guys were indeed very annoying , especially the one with that angry face :angry: :laugh3:

Yup. I think he was an extra in "Shrek"!!:P

He was at the Keane concert in November too, and was just as annoying that time!

I catched a plectrum of fran, but it fell down the barrier, so we asked the security guy to pick it up.. he did pick it up but then he walked away with it without saying a word :angry:

I witnessed that, and he did that at the Keane concert too. I reckon he sells them on eBay or something.;)

We should all complain about him!:angry:

Also, he was really overreacting when someone was taking a video... so I didn't dare to film Fran that obviously, I was always hiding my camera behind you, so I've got a video of closer now, with you headbanging :D

Headbanging??:confused:

Have fun, Sarah!

Sounds great! What songs did they play? :P Would love to see your pics and vids! :D

We should all complain about him!

We should definitely do that! Anybody know his name? :D

Headbanging??:confused:

Haha, yes :D The guy from the supporting band noticed your "headbanging"-skills, didn't he? I wouldn't call it headbanging, but he called it like that ;)

Sounds great! What songs did they play? Would love to see your pics and vids!

Sadly I can't remember the setlist... :(

But I'm gonna upload my pics and vids now!

We should definitely do that? Anybody know his name? :D

Shrek??:P

Haha, yes :D The guy from the supporting band noticed your "headbanging"-skills, didn't he? I wouldn't call it headbanging, but he called it like that ;)

Well maybe to their songs it was!!:P

today was brilliant from start to finish! :heart: i had such i great time and met many wonderful, wonderful people. SO MUCH FUN!! :drunk:

plus, chinese blues made it back into the setlist :nice: i made a sign (which simply said "chinese blues!" nothing special, lol) but didn't have to use it because they played it as the opener. aahhh!!! ^^

right, long story short... i'm very tired so i'll be back tomorrow with more pics and more about the gig.

okay, just one thing...

I FINALLY GOT MY PICTURE WITH FRAN!! :)

god, seriously... he's like the nicest person on earth, i'll tell ya! :nice:

we met all of them, and dougie was of course the most talkative, as ever xD

oh and btw, he had lead vocals tonight!! he hasn't been doing that in ages, so it was really special. he sang "ring out the bell", a great song :heart: oh, and we also got "village man", one of my favorite b-sides, i couldn't believe it... :)

BLAH!

here's fran, the man!

awesome style, i'd say xDD

p1050038gw4.jpg

:drunk:

and felix AGAIN got the best picture (like he did with chris in london) lol

p1050040yy3.jpg

haha! :dance:

... and good night!

today was brilliant from start to finish! :heart: i had such i great time and met many wonderful, wonderful people. SO MUCH FUN!! :drunk:

plus, chinese blues made it back into the setlist :nice: i made a sign (which simply said "chinese blues!" nothing special, lol) but didn't have to use it because they played it as the opener. aahhh!!! ^^

right, long story short... i'm very tired so i'll be back tomorrow with more pics and more about the gig.

okay, just one thing...

I FINALLY GOT MY PICTURE WITH FRAN!! :)

god, seriously... he's like the nicest person on earth, i'll tell ya! :nice:

we met all of them, and dougie was of course the most talkative, as ever xD

oh and btw, he had lead vocals tonight!! he hasn't been doing that in ages, so it was really special. he sang "ring out the bell", a great song :heart: oh, and we also got "village man", one of my favorite b-sides, i couldn't believe it... :)

BLAH!

here's fran, the man!

awesome style, i'd say xDD

p1050038gw4.jpg

:drunk:

and felix AGAIN got the best picture (like he did with chris in london) lol

p1050040yy3.jpg

haha! :dance:

... and good night!

awwwwwwwwwwwww Sarah!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: I'm so happy for you that you got to meet Fran! :D That is such a great picture! I didn't know Fran wore glasses tho :confused: :laugh3:

I'm really rather jealous you got to hear 'Village Man' :laugh3: I love that one! What else did they play, can you remember the setlist?

Looking forward to seeing your other pictures :D

right, here i am again xD

thank yoouu, barry! :)

haha, i think fran's glasses were actually fake glasses! :laugh3: at least it looked like it, and he also had sunglasses with him, lol... he was so funny. stefan (a friend who was with us) took a picture with him and fran wanted him to wear the sunglasses, so this must be the coolest pic ever ;D but i'm rather proud of my pic as well, hehe :nice:

dougie was also very nice again. he asked felix (winnie) his name and then said "oh, my nephew is called felix as well!" and i said "yeah, you already said the same thing when we met in 2007" and then he goes "and it's still his name?!" :laugh3: xD

anyway, here's the setlist as far as i can remember it...

chinese blues [afterwards i told both dougie and fran how glad i was that it was back in the setlist, because i thought it was the best opener ever and they were really happy to hear that :nice: fran then started to explain to me they wanted to try sth different and so on, aaww, he was so nice :) ]

j. smith

the beautiful occupation

re-offender

something anything

long way down

love will come through

closer

village man <333

driftwood

side

falling down

sing