✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The pledge I am making and I think others should join.

bart

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, good job on the pledge and all!

i do, however, want to make an arguement for the other side

i have not downloaded any mp3s in a very long time, except for fan-recorded live things. i won't make an exception for this album either. i listened to the radio broadcast the other day AND have been listening to the leak on mtv all day long. but for those on the board who have downloaded the tracks, i say do what you want. if you're posting here and getting excited about the album, i'm pretty sure you're going to buy the album when it comes out. or maybe you've pre-ordered it already and in THAT case, i see no reason for you to not listen. the band have made it (or WILL make it) available on their own site to listen to and these radio broadcasts and mtv previews i'm sure were all OKed by them and management as well. they WANT you to hear the music and i'm sure they're excited about other people being excited to hear it. i think the reason Chris Martin was upset about Talk being leaked is mainly because it wasn't finished. if i was in a popular band or even non-popular band i would be glad my music was being heard and enjoyed. if you're going to download the tracks, enjoy them, and then not buy the album, i think thats a bit shady. but if you are planning on buying/have already purchased the album, i don't see that as a huge problem. this album is going to sell like crazy. we all know it. the tour is going to sell out almost everywhere and thats where the real money is made anyway.

anyway....if you listened/downloaded, thats cool but buy the album too. if you're holding out for the official cd release, i think thats grand! you've got some real will power, especially if you're reading all the posts on the board lately!! =)

yeah, good job on the pledge and all!

i do, however, want to make an arguement for the other side

i have not downloaded any mp3s in a very long time, except for fan-recorded live things. i won't make an exception for this album either. i listened to the radio broadcast the other day AND have been listening to the leak on mtv all day long. but for those on the board who have downloaded the tracks, i say do what you want. if you're posting here and getting excited about the album, i'm pretty sure you're going to buy the album when it comes out. or maybe you've pre-ordered it already and in THAT case, i see no reason for you to not listen. the band have made it (or WILL make it) available on their own site to listen to and these radio broadcasts and mtv previews i'm sure were all OKed by them and management as well. they WANT you to hear the music and i'm sure they're excited about other people being excited to hear it. i think the reason Chris Martin was upset about Talk being leaked is mainly because it wasn't finished. if i was in a popular band or even non-popular band i would be glad my music was being heard and enjoyed. if you're going to download the tracks, enjoy them, and then not buy the album, i think thats a bit shady. but if you are planning on buying/have already purchased the album, i don't see that as a huge problem. this album is going to sell like crazy. we all know it. the tour is going to sell out almost everywhere and thats where the real money is made anyway.

anyway....if you listened/downloaded, thats cool but buy the album too. if you're holding out for the official cd release, i think thats grand! you've got some real will power, especially if you're reading all the posts on the board lately!! =)

That was exactly the point I was trying to make (in not so many words)... Talking about legality, it's only become illegal coz the record companies have been pushing for it :angry: I'll stick my neck out here and say that I think the band wouldn't mind fans d'loading the music before buying their CD

I admire you for wanting to stand up to piracy and support the band that you love. However, please understand that these days the artists are making most of their money from touring, licensing, and merchandise. If you really want to support the band...purchase a ringtone for your phone, buy a concert ticket, and put a poster of them on your wall.

P2P networks are here to stay and they have provided struggling musicians with an invaluable opportunity to leverage the distribution power of the Net to reach consumers that would never have heard of them...look at the Indie music scene...it speaks to the power of P2P networking and file sharing.

Peace,

Brian