✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L Maga you're so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... that concert run me into tears ( well not that much, but is one of the fews that excited me)....... and where the streets have no name.... I mean besides Mother of the ...... and all that political staff.... it was the best of the concert

...... Sorry for my delay.... I cannot enter always so I'm slow----

yes, I went actually to that particular show, the first one, the one which Madres de Plaza de Mayo attended. It was so moving... That song is written to the mothers of the dissappeared, the mothers of people taken away by the government (dictatorships of course) for political issues... well, in Argentina, there were like 30000 of those in the period 1976-1983, which the dictatorship of that time called 'dissappeared'... and Bono & co. invited some of those mothers who lost their sons to the show... it was quite a touching moment...

I remember seeing Bono on TV talking to one of those mothers and being surprised by her statement: 'we were born by our children' which is sadly true... they got together and built an organisation, Madres de Plaza de Mayo, to fight for justice, to remember... and U2 paid tribute to them in that show.

yes, I went actually to that particular show, the first one, the one which Madres de Plaza de Mayo attended. It was so moving... That song is written to the mothers of the dissappeared, the mothers of people taken away by the government (dictatorships of course) for political issues... well, in Argentina, there were like 30000 of those in the period 1976-1983, which the dictatorship of that time called 'dissappeared'... and Bono & co. invited some of those mothers who lost their sons to the show... it was quite a touching moment...

I remember seeing Bono on TV talking to one of those mothers and being surprised by her statement: 'we were born by our children' which is sadly true... they got together and built an organisation, Madres de Plaza de Mayo, to fight for justice, to remember... and U2 paid tribute to them in that show.

It was just like here ......... :D

All That You Can't Leave Behind was good. Certainly not their best. But it was better than some of their other stuff.
If I we don't count like 3 or 4 song yes it is.... but the others cd's are certainly much better.... I mean ATYCLB is done after what 20 years singing or more...... I would expect somenthing better............ but anyway is not bad

yea. Well the only song I didn't like on All That You Can't Leave Behind is Peace ON Earth, that one gets annoying.

I hope Bono does a good job on the next cd. The Edge should do some awesome guitar work.