✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I've just bought my Speed of Sound single!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jette, I'm listening that Proof have a bad high noise in the background for the whole song (I checked with meters, CeP, Nuendo and Pro Tools, and the noise is there), it's strange because SoS and TIDU don't have it, so seems it can'be ripping problem.

Can you please check if that noise is on the original CD too?

Me too need Proof :(

I was lucky this afternoon but not enough lol. I've asked in Citydisc (swiss music store) if they had the single. The girl respond ... on monday, before saying 20 seconds after "but well i can make an exception, any noise, normaly no right" She goes searching in the new singles and found the "precious" lol ... But the version doesn't contain Proof, only SOS & "Things I don't understand". It seems that in Switzerland.. no trace of Proof on the SOS single. wait till monday/tuesday although... But happy to have it in advance, so so cool :)

If somebody has Proof, that will be so so... so nice. Thank's a lot ;)

[email protected]

Things I .... is so cool :)

ut I don't hear any annoying beep or something on the background.. :huh:

Neither do I. There were some skips but that might be because I was playing the single in my car and I hit a few bumps. :)

I do like the news songs, especially the lovely Proof :D. SoS does sound quite similar to Clocks, though. When I first played it, I thought it was an alternate mix of Clocks...

I've gót Proof :D

But I don't hear any annoying beep or something on the background.. :huh:

Ok let me explain because this is really important for me to know:

I made a zip file with 2 pictures, 2 mp3s and a txt file explanation to let you understand and hear what noise is and how bad it is if it's present on original cd too.

The 2 images are that ones:

noise12wv.jpg

noise21lv.jpg

The txt included in the archive says that:

Noise1 shows the beginning of Proof; that wave portion highlited in white is the noise alone at the beginning of the song, Noise1.mp3 is that first 3 second of the song.

Picture Noise2 shows that white highlited noise portion alone, copied and pasted 10 times in a row with 3 second of silence at the begin and at the end, to show the difference between perfect silence and noise, as you can hear on Noise2.mp3

Now listen again to Noise1 or to the whole song and hear that all that noise is fully present for the entire song.

SoS and TIDU doesn't have that noise.

I simply want to know if this is studio recording problem present on original CD too or simply ripping problem, because if this is studio problem that's a big annoying mistake. (unbelivable for Coldplay)

Btw to hear the 2 mp3s you need to get the archive here (it's simply 1Mb):

http://rapidshare.de/files/1895594/Proof-Noise_explanation_and_proofs.zip.html

hey i was just reading waaaay back in the pages here about ripping the CD so I figure I'll give up my suggestion now anyhow, without reading through the rest of the pages (sorry if someone else suggested it lol)....but what about iTunes?

That is really annoying indeed' date=' but I don't hear that noise in my copy, so it's not a studio problem :/[/quote']I knew it, I buyed the single and the noise is a studio problem, damn it.

Gotta send an email soon.

I was lucky this afternoon but not enough lol. I've asked in Citydisc (swiss music store) if they had the single. The girl respond ... on monday, before saying 20 seconds after "but well i can make an exception, any noise, normaly no right" She goes searching in the new singles and found the "precious" lol ...

They didn't have the single in the City Disc where I live. :(

They don't have many singles anymore. :/

I jusr bought m SoS single.. and it isnt copy protected... :cool: I havent tried importing in to iTunes so.. I am sure it will work though.. :cool:

where'd you buy it in the us? everywhere i called were hecka stupid and didn't know what it was :angry:

They didn't have the single in the City Disc where I live. :(

They don't have many singles anymore. :/

Hello, Bonjour, Gruezi Sally hihi !

Citydisc suck oh yeah :( ... i found nothing here today, no traces of singles too in Geneva mhhh. But if you ask normally, they should have it. I hope.

But you can buy the "speed of sound maxi single (with Tidu & Proof)" in "Fnac" : a french store, where you can find a lot of things.. much better than Citydisc etc. There are Fnac in Geneva, Lausanne and Fribourg.

Where do you live ? French, Deutsch or Italian part :) ?