✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mark's Britney Spears Thread

berrywoman

If she really cares about the kids, she should bow out of the limelight, move away from California and concentrate on raising them. After all, she certainly doesn't need the money....................... ;)

But she just lost half a million! She's down to her last $95, 000 000! She's practically broke!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Britney's wig hides the bald truth

Last updated at 16:22pm on 19th February 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments (20)

The strange world of Britney Spears has got even stranger. Soon after shaving off all her hair, shedonned a bizarre blonde, Marilyn Monroe-style wig and large black sunglasses to visit yet another club.

Showing no sign of craving privacy, the 25-year-old singer arrived at the Roxy nightclub on Hollywood's Sunset Strip for a karaoke-themed birthday party.

Check out...

Is Britney about to self-destruct?

Gallery: Britney going bald

Gallery: Other celebrity baldies

Bald Britney 'Shears' walks out of rehab

Britney strips off with lapdancers

BritneyBlondeMTX_468x346.jpgMonroe-esque: Britney wore a cheap-looking blonde wig to hide her baldness on a night out

But, in keeping with her increasingly erratic behaviour, Britney stormed out after 45 minutes and headed for the Polo Lounge.

She had taken offence when the DJ played her debut hit Hit Me Baby One More Time in her honour.

BritneySpears3MTX_468x429.jpg

One clubber said: "It was a shock to see her in a wig after what she had done to herself.

"While she was in the club she kept going to bathroom all the time, which was weird."

The salon's owner, Esther Tognozzi, told of her shock - and placed the hair on eBay, where bids have already topped $1 million.

"I would say please take your daughter and get her off the media circus," Ms Tognozzi said.

"Take her home for a while and take care of her and her babies."

Meanwhile reports in the U.S. suggest Spears' shocking decision to shave off all her hair might have been an act of rebellion against her mother.

As celebrity watchers struggled to make sense of the singer's dramatic move, it was also revealed that she had been deeply upset by the recent death of a much-loved aunt from cancer.

Spears, already distressed by her split from husband Kevin Federline and the custody battle over their two sons, was said to have been very close to Sandra Bridges Covington, who died late last month.

She and her mother had been feuding over Lynne Spears' demand that her daughter end her wild behaviour, a source told the New York Post.

The pair had been arguing since Spears returned from a stay at Eric Clapton's Crossroads Centre rehab in Antigua last week that lasted just 24 hours, the report claimed, and the late-night buzz-cut was a rebellious gesture.

Her cousin, Ernest Spears, said that Lynne had flown to LA last week to be with her daughter and her young children, 18-month-old Sean Preston and five-month-old Jayden James.

In her home town of Kentwood, Louisiana, Spears' aunt Wanda Bridges told the New York Daily News the singer had been greatly saddened by the death of her mother's sister.

"Last time I saw her was the funeral," she said. "She seemed fine, but we were all very upset."

Another report suggested Spears may have opted for the drastic cut after hairdressers discovered her hair was so badly damaged by repeated dye-jobs that bald patches were already appearing.

The singer had visited celebrity hairdresser Michael Boychuck's salon at the Palms hotel less than three weeks ago seeking help for her locks.

"Her hair was so badly damaged from repeated bleachings that it had broken off and thinned to the point where bald spots had begun to appear," a source said.

^ I believe it's called a meltdown.

I'd laugh, but I think she really does need help this time... wonder how much farther rock bottom is?

Yeah, they said she's on the verge of a "nervous breakdown". Go figure. :rolleyes: Ever since she couldn't save her marriage, she's gone crazy. Too bad, I was actually looking forward to her comeback. I say that she should go into rehab or see a psychiatrist or something. She really needs help.

Sadly though, you can only be helped if you WANT help, and judging by her short stay at Crossroads, she doesn't appear willing to admit she needs it just yet. Everyone who knows me knows I can't stand her music and I make fun of it all the time, but I seriously hate to see ANY human being crash and burn like this.

And what's just as sad is the huge number of celeb-watchers out there who are eating this up (I don't mean the ppl posting here). The only thing society seems to like more than a success story is when that success falls.

Sorry to rant, but I had a conversation with a total ditz about this story earlier, and I needed to vent. I'm ok now,lol.

Sadly though, you can only be helped if you WANT help, and judging by her short stay at Crossroads, she doesn't appear willing to admit she needs it just yet. Everyone who knows me knows I can't stand her music and I make fun of it all the time, but I seriously hate to see ANY human being crash and burn like this.

And what's just as sad is the huge number of celeb-watchers out there who are eating this up (I don't mean the ppl posting here). The only thing society seems to like more than a success story is when that success falls.

Sorry to rant, but I had a conversation with a total ditz about this story earlier, and I needed to vent. I'm ok now,lol.

That's a relief - you won't be shaving your hair off just yet, then.......................... :rolleyes:

If she really cares about the kids, she should bow out of the limelight, move away from California and concentrate on raising them. After all, she certainly doesn't need the money....................... ;)

we can all speculate about the lives of celebrities as it is our attraction to their larger than life lives that we talk about that boosts their celebrity, like a vicious circle, but things like their family life that isn't jotted down in detail, such as the treatment and feelings of/towards her kids is something we don't know. 'if she really cares' well anyone can say what another person can do, but what says the doesn't care, her actions maybe but even those are described with punch lines that just inflame how serious the situation is.

unlike a lot of people, i've always liked britney spears, not necessarily her music, which i'll admit i was into back in the mtv days :shame: but it's her life and she gets a lot of flak when she does something we the public don't think is normal. i mean the media put such a strong slant on her actions and throw words like mental condition, rehab, bizzare act etc it's just blown way out of proportion and i guess i just feel like it's her life, and she can do what she likes, her reasons for doing them are reasons we can't ever rely on since they usually come from the media who hears it from a 'family friend' etc...whoa, i've written a lot lol

Someone created a petition for the paparazzi to back off of photographing her while she's in rehab. http://www.petitiononline.com/SupportB/petition.html

I think its a good idea, don't know how well these things work, but the paps should treat celebs like humans, they shouldn't be allowed to harass them in private situations. I think its good that Britney is seeking help for her problems so she can get better for her children. If one of the Coldplay guys entered rehab for some reason it would be just as disgusting and an invasion of privacy for the media to photograph them while they're trying to get better. Its sad how the media doesn't treat celebs like real people with feelings, like how Chris gets angry when they bother his family.:confused:

I think if I knew my life was bad for my kids, I'd do what it took to make it better for them. I can't speculate about Britney specifically, but I know that self-destruction is bad for the ones you love, famous or not.

I hope she manages to stick with her rehab this time. Whatever I think of her career, she's still a person, like I said before.

As for the petition, the person who made it had their heart in the right place, but I doubt most of the paps would pay attention. THey make their living off setting stars apart from the rest of the human race and then capturing them at their worls or weakest.

Good point about Chris, btw.

Oops she did it again... Britney's back in rehab

Last updated at 21:51pm on 20th February 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments

britneybaldMOS1702_228x704.jpgBritney Shears: The singer's bizarre recent behaviour included shaving her own head

Britney Spears entered has rehab again after a bizarre weekend that including shaving her head.

Check out...

Another bad hair day for Britney

Gallery: Child Stars rebelling

More exciting showbiz news

Spears' manager, Larry Rudolph, told People magazine's website that Spears, 25, had voluntarily checked herself into an undisclosed treatment facility.

"We ask that the media respect her privacy as well as those of her family and friends at this time," Rudolph was quoted as saying.

Rudolph did not say what Spears, 25, would be treated for or where the rehabilitation facility was located.

Celebrity Web site TMZ.com reported the center was in the Los Angeles area and that she entered it at the urging of family members.

Several news organizations reported last week that Spears, who split from husband Kevin Federline in November, had briefly entered a rehabilitation center in the Caribbean island of Antigua.

Later she was spotted by celebrity photographers at a Los Angeles hair salon shaving her own head.

Spears, who first shot to fame as a teenager, was repeatedly photographed in December climbing out of cars without wearing underpants while in the company of celebrity heiress Paris Hilton.

In January, Spears posted a message on her website acknowledging the negative publicity, while writing, "I look forward to coming back this year bigger and better than ever and to reaching out to my fans on a more personal level."

More to come.

Britney: 'I shaved my head because of lice'

Last updated at 14:34pm on 21st February 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments (11)

Britney Spears was back in rehab after months of bizarre behaviour which culminated in her shaving off all her hair. A source for the 25-year-old singer claimed she shaved her head because of lice: "She thought lice were eating her hair extensions, so decided to get rid of them as soon as possible."

Scroll down for more...

BritneyRehabRTN_468x625.jpgBritney has a cigarette break at the centre where she is getting treatment

enlarge.gif

More here...

Online bidding under way for Britney's locks

Another bad hair day for Britney

Gallery: Child Stars rebelling

More exciting showbiz news

Britney reportedly checked herself into the Promises treatment centre in Malibu after a showdown with her mother, who was said to be at "breaking point".

Britney's erratic behaviour seemed to have started in 2004 when she married childhood friend Jason Alexander.

It was annulled after only 55 hours. Later that same year she married Kevin Federline, but filed for divorce last November and set off on a wild round of partying.

But it was the head-shaving incident that seemed to prove she was over the edge.

Her mother Lynne, 51, is believed to be behind Britney's decision after months of rows between the pair.

A source said: "Her mother cries and begs Britney to calm down, but Britney just yells at her and tells her to mind her own business."

Another source added: "Lynne was at a breaking point."

A spokesman for mother-of-two Britney said: "She has voluntarily checked herself into an undisclosed rehab facility.

"We ask that the media respect her privacy as well as that of her family and friends at this time."

This is her second attempt at rehab. Last Wednesday, Britney checked into Eric Clapton's Crossroads rehab clinic in Antigua - but stayed only 24 hours.

Tucked into the Santa Monica mountains, Promises claims to offer "uncommon luxury" and boasts that it offers the "finest rehab programme in the world"

It recently treated Mel Gibson for alcoholism and other clients have included Ben Affleck, Robert Downey Jr and Charlie Sheen.

Britney walks out of rehab - again

Last updated at 17:19pm on 21st February 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments (11)

Britney Spears is reported to have walked out the rehab facility she checked into, just 24 hours after seeking treatment.

Following months of bizarre behaviour which culminated in her shaving off all her hair Britney entered Promises treatment centre in Malibu, California.

However, sources now say that Britney has now left the treatment centre after spending less than 24 hours in the facility.

Hit me Britney one more time

By RICHARD SIMPSON - More by this author » Last updated at 23:06pm on 23rd February 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments (17)

Just when everyone thought that Britney Spears's behaviour couldn't get any more bizarre ... oops, she's done something crazy again. Days after shaving her head, the troubled 25-year-old used a large green umbrella to try to beat up a photographer who had spotted her outside her estranged husband Kevin Federline's house.

Video: Britney fends off the paparazzi with an umbrella

As the cameraman fled, she then turned her attention to a silver car parked in the street. Whether it belonged to Federline was not clear, but it was obvious that it had somehow incurred her disapproval.

Fury contorting her features, she launched a sustained attack on the unfortunate vehicle, bashing it several times before the umbrella snapped under the strain.

The incident happened after the singer, whose successes include Hit Me Baby One More Time and Oops, I Did It Again, had checked herself out of a rehabilitation unit for the third time in a week.

She was being treated at the Promises Clinic in Los Angeles when she was informed that Federlinehad sought an emergency court hearing in Los Angeles to ensure temporary custody of their sons Sean Preston, 17 months, and five-month-old Jayden James.

Miss Spears drove first to her lawyers' office, then to Federline's home where she banged on the door for 20 minutes, hollering into the intercom: "I know you are in there. Open the door. I need to talk. Let me in."

When she got no answer, she drove around the block, returning five times, each time becoming more irate at Federline's refusal to open the door.

By the final occasion, photographers had arrived and according to a source, one of them "made a comment which appeared to goad her".

Miss Spears then "went berserk". 'She just lost it, shouting obscenities, kicking out and trying to whack the photographer with her umbrella, then trying to smash the car windows with it.

"She was totally out of control - practically foaming at the mouth. She got back in her car and was just fuming."

Clearly in an unstable state, Miss Spears later checked herself back into the clinic with the help of a bodyguard her mother Lynne appeared to have employed to get her there.

According to friends, Britney's current volatile state is due in part to clashes with her mother. "After she broke up with Kevin, Britney went into wild partying mode. One night she took home two female lapdancers with her. And the next day she told Lynne, "I've had it with men - I'm off them".

"Her mother lost it with her. She is devoutly religious and was telling her it was against God what she was suggesting. She was telling her she was possessed by the Devil. Lynne was saying she needed to go to rehab to cleanse her soul."

More here ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMA3i5yXMCs