• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Out-of-control Britney at risk of losing career

Out-of-control Britney at risk of losing career

Last updated at 12:59pm on 29th November 2006

britneysSplash_228x339.jpgYellow peril: Britney Spears' record label is becoming anxious that her recent wild partying

enlarge.gif

Britney Spears' record label is becoming anxious that her recent wild partying is jeopardising her career.

She has been out on the tiles with Paris in Los Angeles virtually every night for a week, and she has already picked up some of her bad habits.

Not only has Britney stopped wearing underwear but it appears that her famed work ethic is also being affected.

She is supposed to be at the Marlin Hotel in Miami recording with Pharrell Williams.

The Neptunes frontman even had some cupcakes delivered to the recording studio as a little gift to Brit, but "Oops" she must have forgotten to put the date in her diary - as she was out partying with Paris in LA again last night and failed to show up.

Sources say "Pharrell isn't best pleased with Britney. He is a very busy man in the music industry and doesn't have time to be messed around like this."

It seems the man responsible for Britney's recent silliness is Canadian hip-hop record mogul Scott Storch, who introduced Brit to Paris in the first place. We bet there's a lot of hate mail in his postbox.

Earlier this month she was hard at work in New York. But a source said: "Britney has been missing recent recording sessions because she has been out all night partying. Her label, Jive, is very worried."

The singer, who has two sons, Sean Preston, one, and two-month-old Jayden James, has been telling her friends: "I gave birth for two-and-a-half years, and now I want to party."

At least Paris hasn't completely turned the pop princess to the dark side.

Britney has donated 170 personal items to an online auction at Christie's in aid of the Britney Spears Foundation.

Among the items is a page from her junior highschool notebook.

• 2 weeks later...

Bette Midler slams 'wild and woolly slut' Britney

Bette Midler slams 'wild and woolly slut' Britney

Last updated at 12:24pm on 8th December 2006

britneyBIG071206_228x291.jpgBette Midler has hit out at Britney Spears

After fifty years in showbusiness, Bette Midler probably felt that she had seen and done it all.

Until, that is, she was confronted with the brazenly obscene antics of Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan.

So, in a scathing, no holds barred attack, the 61-year-old actress has branded the pair 'wild and woolly sluts'. The singer turned Oscar-nominated actress hit out at the duo who have been repeatedly photographed enjoying a string of wild nights out - missing their underwear.

'I've been on the other side to these wild and woolly sluts that we are seeing around our lives these days and I've taken the other side,' she said.

'I started my life out as pretty wild but I have decided, after much growing and living, that it's time that we got nicer.'

Talking about the pair's headline-grabbing decision to be snapped minus any underwear, she joked: 'I'm wearing underwear, in fact a lot of underwear.

'In fact I'm wearing all the underwear that those girls are not wearing - at least two bras and several pairs of panties.'

When asked on the US TV show Extra if she had a message for the American socialites, she replied: 'Get a life, get a grip. I mean someone should sit those ladies down.'

Her tirade comes after Miss Spears, 25, and 20-year-old Miss Lohan, together with heiress Paris Hilton, have been photographed drinking and partying virtually non-stop over the past six weeks.

Their antics followed Britney's announcement last month that she was divorcing her second husband, Kevin Federline.

Of course, Miss Midler, who is married to her husband of 22 years, producer Martin von Haselberg, is not the first celebrity to have frowned on mother-of-two Miss Spears' recent behaviour.

Troubled singer Courtney Love suggested that she should stay at home more to look after her children while former supermodel Janice Dickinson claimed that Britney's would be wise to 'buckle down and become a parent'.

This latest criticism comes just 24 hours after it was reported that the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services planned to investigate the singer about concerns over the welfare of her two children, Sean Preston and Jayden James.

Similarly, it has been an unfortunate week for Mean Girls star, Lindsay Lohan. The brunette actress, who recently joined Alcoholics Anonymous, has reportedly sent a second rambling, semi-literate e-mail to her friends - less than two weeks after making an incoherent tribute to late director Robert Altman.

In a letter obtained by the New York Post, she claimed that she planned to take on gossip columns with the help of former Vice President Al Gore.

'Al Gore will help me,' she wrote. 'He came up to me last night and said he would be very happy to have a conversation with me.

'If he is willing to help me, let's find out. Hilary (sic) Clinton, Bill Clinton and Evan Metroplis (sic) and John Daur who works with them would be willing, if we just ask. If we just ASK.'

Oops, she OVERdid it again??

Non-stop partying takes its toll on a bloated Britney

Last updated at 13:15pm on 18th December 2006

It looks like all that partying since going single has taken its toll on Britney Spears. The 25-year-old mother-of-two seems to have piled on the pounds after splitting with husband Kevin Federline.

britneyBIG181206_468x599.jpg

Her chubby features were noticeable when she watched a basketball game in Los Angeles with her sister Jamie Lynn, 15.

She then left with a mystery man. Britney has certainly been burning the candle at both ends recently, after getting together with party girls Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton.

The trio have regularly been spotted somewhat worse for wear on the celeb circuit. But the singer's weight gain hasn't put off potential suitors.

The night before the LA Lakers game she was seen with former manager Jason Trawick and later with music producer Jason Rotem.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, now I don't really care about Spears or anything, but I have a bone to pick with her.

So she's split up with her waste-of-space husband and wants to have some fun - fair enough.

But she has taken to hanging around with Paris Hilton - who doesn't have the responsibility or having children to look after. GROW UP BRITNEY!

Gosh darn celebs drive me up the wall.

Non-stop partying and marriage split takes toll on Britney

Non-stop partying and marriage split takes toll on Britney

Last updated at 14:28pm on 5th January 2007

Singer Britney Spears hasn’t allowed her new year nightclub collapse to affect her social life.

Just days after passing out in Pure, Las Vegas, and checking into a mountain health resort, the mum-of-two hit the town in Los Angeles.

But fellow guests at a Hollywood club wondered if her pale complexion and heavy make-up suggested she had still not fully recovered from the bingeing which followed her split from husband Kevin Federline.

Scroll down for more

britneyX17_468x974.jpg

A dishevelled-looking Britney, 25, left with one of her dancers.