✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The New "Talk" is freaking Amazing

Albie

Im all about change' date=' but hopefully they wont go too electronic.[/quote']

methinks they should collaborate with Daft Punk :)Yeah their not bad. Just to go off topic for a second, anybody know why I cant log nto the official board, all the other links seem to work bu t i cant get in for some reason. :huh:

... its a joke. I love Daft Punk though :D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i'm in the minority here, but I like the album version of "Talk" more than the leaked version. The leaked one sounds too light and feminine for me to listen. Plus, the album version includes a short, but great guitar-riff, which I think is wicked. :D

How much do they wanna improve their sound ? :/

What kind of question is that? They want to improve it as much as possible, of course.

Let me say first that I'm very happy that the band keep on striving to improve their sound and actually manage to do it throughout their career so far :D Despite trying hard, not many bands manage to as fully and as well as they have

But I agree to some extent with Albie in the sense that I think there is some merit in the ol' me-and-my-guitar kind of songs that was more abundant in Parachutes. I must say I do miss that kind of songs (those with accoustic sounds and without the "flaws" edited out)... They give the songs pathos which I thought Coldplay are really good at :)

I wish they would go back to those more often (of course Til Kingdom Come is supposed to be like that), but has anyone noticed they've added more and more parts and the songs have become more complex?

There is a Chinese concept that says that there is a great skill/mastery to be shown in simplicity, i.e. it is more difficult to play simple songs beautifully than the more complex ones simply because it is easier for the observer to listen out for the flaws (I'm sure those of u who've played instruments up to a certain level know this). I'll be waiting for the day Coldplay are good enough (and become sure of themselves enough) to go back to playing those 'simpler' times

this is a VERY accurate ^ I also think coldplay really had something going with their earlier recordings that were more raw and "simple" in nature. For those of us out there that love everything they make including their b-sides, I think we'd all like to hear everything the band has to offer. Lately I think chris is becoming much like howard hughes, and is starting to develope a "perfection" complex on his music. Perfection isn't what makes great music, sometimes the character and flaws of a song is much more meaningful. I guess they have had like 200+ hours of songs that have been cut to make this record...I'd be interested to hear the missing hours, and I'd bet they'd be just as good as anything else they've put out on this upcoming release. Just think how much great music is out there from this band that will never be heard...it's such a shame- BTW the "old" talk is much better than the new one...I wish they wouldn't have second guessed themselves on this one...

It's true I see you guy's point, but Coldplay likes to evolve and not make the same type of songs/producing/music over again. I like that alot. If you also notice, Chris's voice sounds a bit different now than in the early days. I like to think that's also part of his (their) constant evolving.

I honestly don't want another Parachutes. That's a classic and there's no need to have zillions of people comparing new songs to those in Parachutes (or AROBTTH) and thinking Coldplay has just ran out of ideas.

Nah... What I meant earlier wasn't that I wanted another Parachutes (that would've disappointed me)... What I meant was songs that perhaps had a nod towards Parachutes, as in having a sparser sound... Although it's been commented in one of the reviews that X&Y is sparse-sounding, Parachutes is simpler by far... I guess we all just miss that intimate sound :/

I must say I muchly prefer the previous version of Talk. Maybe I got used to the old one and like it better because the new one sounds odd. However the new one sounds more challenging than the previous version and more fresh as well. I've got good hope that I will prefer this one about the previous leaked version ;)

must say I muchly prefer the previous version of Talk. Maybe I got used to the old one and like it better because the new one sounds odd. However the new one sounds more challenging than the previous version and more fresh as well. I've got good hope that I will prefer this one about the previous leaked version

sorry i have to diasagree, the new version is much better!

Well basically that's what I said. I always have to get used to music before I really like it. If I like songs the first time around I'm pretty sure that I'll find them dull after just a few listens. If I think a song is so-so the first time then it's very likely I will like it very much later...so go go go Talk! ;)

Both versions of Talk are going to be classics. The new version has the studio richness that is evident on all tracks from X&Y yet was not on the leaked version of Talk. I like the new lyrics as well. I wish everyone would just be happy because finally new Coldplay is upon us, and I for one am so excited it has been hard to contain myself the past few weeks :D

THE THING IS

no great beggining with "under the great north star...."

that was the great thing in the old version

I have to agree with you here. I did love the opening lines to the original. However, you can still put together an X&Y album with both versions of Talk after it is released. I am seriously considering doing that.