Albie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old vs. new

Old Talk definitely was awesome with a driving tempo, and great lyrics,

but it did sound more AROBTTH you can hear Ken Nelson's work

New Talk, at first, I didn't like it bc I was used to the old one, but this one is definitely growing on me, and I really like it now and the lyrics are interesting

It's amazing how many variations of a song there can be, I would love to hear other versions of the other songs Coldplay must have gone through, but then again we'll have to wait for the complete Coldplay set

The guitar at the 4 min mark is awesome, and I'm glad they kept the ending chorus, I like the simplicity of the first one, and the complexity of the 2nd version.

By the Swallowed in the Sea is amazing, I hope they have a simple version just with the synth pads on a single release, Coldplay have definitely progressed

forgive my asking, I'm unable to download the old version at the moment- but what is the main difference between the two, besides the lyrics of course. I love the ending of the studio version but am just curious about the original.

i think the fact that the orignal was leaked just makes the new one even better. Now we have the same song we all liked, but now it has different lyrics and a different shape, but then at the end it reverts to the old lyrics.

But anyways, that ending is soo damn cool. :cool:

the old one was more catchy and tight' date=' to me the new one doesn't seem to know where it's going... i hate saying negative things about coldplay :([/quote']

I agree. Maybe it's coz I've heard the new Talk after the old Talk... The new one's real cluttered once it actually kicks off & has too many things it wants to run through. It's lost emphasis (as with most of the album)... All the parts are competing: it's like on fff emotionally all the time.

And I'm sad they killed that great opening "Under a great north star...". Also the hypnotic bridge part from "I'm looking at..." til "Won't you talk, tooo meee...", and Jonny's kickass guitar immediately after that. Totally wicked!

The new one's growing on me, but it skates on being campy :P Still a good song. Which one? for now, it's a toss up