✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The New "Talk" is freaking Amazing

Albie

old talk is much better

there is no question that the old Talk is superior to the new talk. see gentleparachute's above post. the bridge and guitar explosion of the original would have been the highlight of X&Y, which I find to be very cold and impersonal, and lacking of the trademark coldplay emotion they injected into their first two albums. It seems they were trying too hard. And Martin messed up the best song on the album in Talk.

Why did he change Talk anyway? Do you think Martin was mad that it was leaked and changed it in response, or do you think that since it is a future single, the worry was that it wouldn't have as much effect on sales since it had been in the public for so long?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not digging the new one too much. While the old one sounded good, I thought it was a little... I don't know, repetitive for some reason. I wish they added more of the old song to the new one, but blah... oh well.

Re: old talk is much better

Why did he change Talk anyway? Do you think Martin was mad that it was leaked and changed it in response, or do you think that since it is a future single, the worry was that it wouldn't have as much effect on sales since it had been in the public for so long?

I was wondering the same myself... Just couldn't figure why they changed a perfectly good song. Well, I must say the new Talk fits the whole album better (although a change midway through the album in the form of the old Talk probably would've been good for the album). I heard they weren't too happy with the song being leaked though why they had to totally change the song. I don't know... They could have just tweaked it. It was near perfect already. Actually I think I would've been far happier (for now at least) if the whole album sounded more like the old Talk.

the old talk sounded wayyyyyyy too poppy. the new version's bridge is fucking amazing, especially the part where the band rocks it all out right before chris sings the old corus.

this album's the real deal, guys. there's no turning back now to the long-gone brit pop sound.

the old talk sounded wayyyyyyy too poppy. the new version's bridge is fucking amazing, especially the part where the band rocks it all out right before chris sings the old corus.

this album's the real deal, guys. there's no turning back now to the long-gone brit pop sound.

i love that part...my favourite part in the song...its so fucking good....the old talk was allright, but i found it to be just average...this one is more rock, its better...and i love the new chorus