✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Ashes !!

bart

WE WON THE ASHES! One of the best moments in recent years. First we toppled the Aussies in the Rugby World Cup, now we grab their throne and end their legacy as world cricket's greatest team. English sport is just getting stronger and stronger, how much longer until we make a serious push for top three overall medal count in the Olympics?

Great performance by KP today and a heroic effort by unsung hero, Ashley Giles. Just a great day, hurray! I'm more proud to be British than ever - great culture, history, music (duh! Coldplay are our boys!), and now we're becoming one of the kings of sports again!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And did those feet in ancient time

Walk upon England's mountains green

And was the holy lamb of God

On England's pleasant pastures seen

And did the countenance divine

Shine forth upon our clouded hills

And was Jerusalem builded there

Among those dark Satanic mills

Bring me my bow (my bow) of burning gold

Bring me my arrows of desire

Bring me my spears o'clouds unfold

Bring me my chariot of fire

I will not cease from mental fight

Nor shall my (my) sword sleep in hand

'Til we have built Jerusalem

In England's green and pleasant land

'Til we have built Jerusalem

In England's green and pleasant land

England

Super party tonight !

^ bonabon wrote: keep this one while ur at it too. PLEASE. LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:kiss: :lol: forgot about him great one bonabon what other trash have we

discarded to the brits?

oh mc_squared you do know that ol' Pete and Jordan are reproducing....like the quote form Jurassic Park goes ...."Life finds a way..." :uhoh:

• 5 weeks later...

oi seriously, you poms take too much pride in this win. i mean, we just absolutely killed the World XI in 3 one dayers and a test here (we won the test by 200 runs, in a team that includes golden boy flintoff and peitersen, who still cant catch by the way), and if it wasnt for katich getting out with 2 runs left for victory in the third test it wouldve been 2-2 in the ashes. and man, we held them for 18 years, i think that means we are still better. funny how we forget...

so have your one year of holding them, then come down here and we'll take them for 18 more :lol:

oi seriously, you poms take too much pride in this win. i mean, we just absolutely killed the World XI in 3 one dayers and a test here (we won the test by 200 runs, in a team that includes golden boy flintoff and peitersen, who still cant catch by the way), and if it wasnt for katich getting out with 2 runs left for victory in the third test it wouldve been 2-2 in the ashes. and man, we held them for 18 years, i think that means we are still better. funny how we forget...

so have your one year of holding them, then come down here and we'll take them for 18 more :lol:

That's rubbish, because you were saved by the rain in one of the tests. We only didn't win that as we ran out of deliveries on the final day!!

damn right :cool:

played the "best players of the world" minus aus off course.

and what happens?

THEY GET THRASHHHHHHHHEEEDDD so take your assess back home with your ashes and remember we're coming for them '06. :cool:

That "World XI" series can't be taken seriously, either, as those players aren't used to playing together on a regular basis....................so you can forget that!! :P

the england team only play together when theres an international, most of the time they play for county teams. so they dont play together all the time either.

basically, you dont have the ashes for 18 years, and suddenly you win so you forget how much australia have dominated.

Still rubbish - they come together regularly to play for England (there are often test series), they are familiar with the "set up", the style of play and the people in charge, and in some cases with the World XI, there might also be a "language" problem.

There also wouldn't be the same desire to win as when you play for your national team.

You're just sore because you lost the series that mattered, and instead ended up winning something meaningless!! :D

You should just accept it!! :P

and youre just trying to find excuses for the fact that australia creamed the world xi. despite all that stuff, they are still supposedly the best in the world. issues with language or whatever doesnt mean that they should get snapped by at least 100 runs in every one dayer, not to mention 200 runs in a 6day test.

and i accept the ashes, but if we had won again for the 19th year, us aussies wouldnt have made a thread about it. not that i blame you, but still, we musnt forget the past ashes, as much as you guys would like to.

oh yeah, most of the world xi team are friends anyway. and i know for a fact that such players as shoab akhtar, murilitheran, dravid etc all speak english, so language isnt a problem.

and youre just trying to find excuses for the fact that australia creamed the world xi. despite all that stuff, they are still supposedly the best in the world. issues with language or whatever doesnt mean that they should get snapped by at least 100 runs in every one dayer, not to mention 200 runs in a 6day test.

and i accept the ashes, but if we had won again for the 19th year, us aussies wouldnt have made a thread about it. not that i blame you, but still, we musnt forget the past ashes, as much as you guys would like to.

oh yeah, most of the world xi team are friends anyway. and i know for a fact that such players as shoab akhtar, murilitheran, dravid etc all speak english, so language isnt a problem.

They would still never be a REAL team, as none of them have anything in common. They don't really have anything to represent. It's just an excuse for a big jolly-up!!

Nobody in England would have been the least bit interested in that tinpot series.

It was a case of "After the Lord Mayor's Show". Totally pointless!! A waste of time. :P