✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lyrics, flaws of Coldplay

composerzane

I think Coldplay has two main flaws:

1) The lyrics. They're... ok... but... a lot of times they are just not good. For example, on AROBTTH, God Put A Smile... simply has bad lyrics. They seem... embarrasing. Even in their best songs, they never quite hit the mark of "melting everything"... emotionally, I mean. They're... just... ok.

2) The music... is almost always beautiful, but boring. They don't do much dynamically, and they don't stray from their verses and choruses and bridges, at all... and their songs seem too long and too clean with no variation for this sort of ruckus. Just my opinions.

I do love A Warning Sign, though. Man, that song is brilliant.

some of their songs are drawn out and annoying....but most of their''flaws'' grow on me...like see you soon and easy to please....i had to skip them at first but now ill rpeeat them and go to sleep w/ them repeating

i think coldplay's simplicity in their lyrics is what makes them a great band, their lyrics are so simple that it can have so many meanings (if that makes any sense at all lol) same thing with their music, i have to admit that it can be a little repetitive like in parachutes i think, but in AROBTTH they really expanded musically trying different melodies and variations. Also, thats very typical in every song and the basic techniques of songwriting to have versus choruses and bridges. I think almost every band has its flaws but i think coldplay truly lacks in them because of their amazing talent.

hehe i dont even listen to the lyrics on a rush of blood to the head. reason why i dont eve know them. the only song i know is clocks and the scientist :D

i guess since parachutes has been what i've listened to over and over, i know all the lyrics pretty good and love the way chris sings them. i dont really care what they mean. it's all good anyways.

yeah, the lyrics are a bit simple, but I see nothing wrong with that. Chris has the undeniable gift of beautiful melody. Add Jonny's brilliant guitar riffs and Will and Guy bringing up the rythmn and it's magic.

I've done that whole disecting of music before(analyzing too much, etc), but really what else is there to question if you enjoy the music? isn't that what it's about?

i don't know if i'm alone when i say this but i seriously <u>love</u> rush like 100 times better than parachutes. i think the lyrics are fantastic! i don't think there is anything boring about them. the music...it just moves me! for me all of rush was completely undescribable.

but that's just how everyones tastes differ right? i mean, you can't hand everyone the same album and expect everyone to get the same thing out of it.

you had your opinions, and i now have mine! :)

I've been listening to Coldplay since november, when I bought a AROBTTH, and I haven't stopped listening since. I haven't taken neither AROBTTH or Parashutes out of the cd player since I saw them live (which btw was AWESOM)

I don't understand how you can think their melodys are annoying because I feel like I'm dreaming when I here almost every single song. I love the melodys and some lyrics are really beautiful, but some I don't get. Although when listening to music I really think lyrics are the second thing you should be worrying about, after the melody (maybe not in rap though).

i would agree that the early lyrics of songs (and i would also agreed with god put...) are perhaps not the strongest but then this merges with your second point of them being boring as i think that that is misinterpreted as i think that "direct" is a better word. all their music is simple and direct and does not hide or alter meaning through over complicated lyrics or layers. and this is why they appeal to such a wide age group and such a variety of people which is in part a big contribution to their greatness so i guess its a necessary weakness if that makes sense. plus they are never going to be hugely dynamic just by the fact that they are by their very a nature a four piece - thats what makes AROBTTH such a genius record as it has a great amount of scoppe for a 4 piece.

rah di rah ive had my rant... next :D

i love both albums...

there are, however, songs that i will "skip over" in order to get to other songs (i.e. "green eyes")...but the way chris is usually gaga over a girl in his lyrics makes me love them! Maybe i'm just a hopeless, drippy, sappy, romantic...but HELL, it does it for me baby :)

i'm more into the mellow tunes anyway...i was into harder stuff when i was a bit younger.

i like the fact that its simple, i mean with radiohead it sounds really beautiful but theyre talknig about these really abstract things(which is ok, i love radiohead, but i liek to know what im singing about) 8) i also liek the fact that it spans over a wide age group, thats cool, haha my dad and mom liek coldplay!! :D

i like the fact that its simple, i mean with radiohead it sounds really beautiful but theyre talknig about these really abstract things(which is ok, i love radiohead, but i liek to know what im singing about) 8) i also liek the fact that it spans over a wide age group, thats cool, haha my dad and mom liek coldplay!! :D

.but the way chris is usually gaga over a girl in his lyrics makes me love them!

thats a good way of putting it, lol. I agree that AROBTTH is actually better than parachutes, i enjoy it a little more but I still love Parachutes and those two will always be my favorite albums.

I agree that lyrically Parachutes was far better than AROBTTH...but i don't have much to say after that.. :shrug:

the critics in denmarks most respectived music magazine said that he had really improved with his lyric writting :shrug: i donnu... i think arobtth is more understandable that parachutes... something to do with the.... things....they....took....maybe :shrug: .... :D