✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Gravity or Embrace's???

kaisin

Embrace definitely has the advantage here, but I still like Coldplay's version. Embrace did nothing to make that songs theirs. Didn't change a verse or a chord, teh guy sings it the exact same way Chris did. If Coldplay had a studio of Gravity, Embrace's wouldn't even compare.

I prefer Coldplay's. :D

i love the song but i think i definetly suits embrace more that coldplay. I like the the way embracehave recorded it.

I do like the solo piano version of it too but it really does sound like an embrance song

I agree. Embrace have given a whole new meaning to the song the way they played it. The song wouldn't have the slight dream-like feel to it if Coldplay recorded it the way Chris sang it.

• 2 months later...

to me Embrace's version sounds like there's no emotion in it at all... coldplay's version makes me feel so much... like some songs do. And i feel like Embrace sort of ruined it...

i think that since it's live it sounds really real- but i would cut out the audience.

oh and the sound really is very low, i get really startled if i forget to turn the volume back down

To be honest i dont think embrace have changed it at all...They sing it the same way, theres not one note that is different....even chris has said this, that embrace didnt want to change a thing.

But i do feel, being a coldplay fan that this song is sung and performed with more life to it by coldplay.

• 5 years later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Epic bump!!

I was listening to both recently and while I ultimately prefer Coldplay's version I still have time and respect for Embrace's version. Embrace's is a lot more mainstream but Coldplay's is certainly deeper and dare I say it darker.

• 2 months later...