✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amsterdam or Fix You???

kaisin

Do any of you guys reckon that Amsterdam sounds like Fix You in it's musical structure???? I mean, just piano and vocal harmonies at first and then after 3 minutes or so it builds up and explodes into a crescendo :)

Which one do you like the most???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its interesting how many of us like Amsterdam when it wasn't released as a single and isn't supposed to be one of the best tracks on AROBTTH :)

I'm glad it wasn't released as a single; nobody knows about this song so it makes it all the more special to me. That's why I don't like it that Fix You is a single.

And I never noticed it before, but The Scientist sorta does a build up as well, just not the explosion I love in these two.

"Amsterdam", for its lyrics and greater meaning. The crescendo is nowhere near as epic as "Fix You"(and I wish it were; that's the best part of the song), and, come to think of it, the latter would have been improved marginally if they'd just ditched the lousy organ in favor of the piano.

Bah. Why can't we change the past?

"Amsterdam", for its lyrics and greater meaning. The crescendo is nowhere near as epic as "Fix You"(and I wish it were; that's the best part of the song), and, come to think of it, the latter would have been improved marginally if they'd just ditched the lousy organ in favor of the piano.

Bah. Why can't we change the past?

Amsterdam. That organ should be shot :lol:

There nothing to think about! Amsterdam beats Fix You by a long shot....

It's one of my favorite songs...... but I do like fix you so we're not "fix you haters.."

About Fix You being a single. I don't think it'll ruin it too much if you really like it. I still love The Scientist. Alot of people don't like SoS now because they say they're sick of it, it being a single and all. I suppose it just isn't that good a song....