✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Speed Of Sound' Nominated In VMA 2005 Awards

busybeeburns

http://www.coldplaying.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=762

MTV today announced the nominees for the "2005 MTV Video Music Awards." Speed of Sound was nominated in several categories (4) including Video Of The Year.

Green Day topped the list with eight nominations, Gwen Stefani and Missy Elliott follow with six each and U2 five nominations. The 2005 VMAs will be hosted by P.Diddy & broadcast live from American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL on Sunday, August 28, 2005 at 8:00pm.

Here are Coldplay's nominations in full:

VIDEO OF THE YEAR

Director: Mark Romanek

Producer: Arif McGarry

Production Company: Anonymous Content

BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS IN A VIDEO

Special Effects: A52

BEST EDITING IN A VIDEO

Editor: Adam Pertofsky

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY IN A VIDEO

Cinematographer: Harris Savides

The "2005 MTV Video Music Awards" will be available to a potential viewing audience of over 1 billion people via MTV's 45 channels reaching 429.1 million households around the world.

Source: coldplay.com

Speed of Sound was nominated for Best Video!?!?!?!?!

Are they crazy!?!?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all happy to see Coldplay get nominated for something, but that video is like crazy bad. Like, wow....what is MTV thinking?

:o :o :o

For a concert video, I'd say the concept's pretty good... Except I was a tad disappointed that they did another CONCERT video (as opposed to proper long-form vid e.g. The Scientist or Trouble)

Which reminds me, they get nominated and win every year don't they ? :D Perenial favourites... Suites me fine :P

I hope they win!!! (You do know that SOS is not a concert vid...) Just thought I'd add that b/c a bunch of people think it is!! :idea2:

You're right, it's not... But it's still just them and their instruments. With no storyline... Unless u call performing some actions that happen to reflect the lyrics a story.

But still like I said earlier... Quite a good one for this kind of vid

Totally... those were exactly the things that sold it for me and elevated the video from just another average one put out by any other band. Apart of course from those lights... Those flashing lights were just amazing :o

Romanek really captured the soul of the band in an understated manner :)