✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Vegetarian's Conscience

Reilly

And does that bother you at all? You don't see a living pig in front of you when you eat your hamburger? Or how it's lived?

Sometimes I think about this, but not when I eat meat. If I did, I couldn't eat it anymore. :/

That's exactly my point. Think about it enough, and you don't even want to eat it anymore. And I don't miss the taste of meat.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if we were made to eat meat. We were also made to walk around nude and carry as many children as possible and live up to the age of thirty and to be straight. It's not like we're still doing all that. A human being doesn't need meat anymore to survive. We in the Western spoiled rich world can easily go without meat. There's so many other things' date=' meat replacers, or just a well-balanced diet, that we don't need it anymore.[/quote']

The world CAN go without meat, but why should it? Obviously people prefer the taste of spicy BBQ wings over Tofu or something.

The theory that technically we can go without meat, with will power and in our minds we should be strong enough to eat only vegetables yadda yadda. Its the same thing as how technically we should be strong enough to not give a damn how we get food, or what gets killed doing so, as long as we look after ourselves its all that matters.

Im saying that if you have the will power to ignore what the taste of food is like and just eat like a robot, how can you be compassionate for what you're even eating?

And no, vegetable food ISNT nice, all the time. Veggie lasagnes can only do for so long, meat just tastes sooooo much better.

No, meat doesn't nessecarily taste better, that's just your opinion. And I simply don't miss it. Honestly. And it's not like I'm "eating like a robot" or something, I do have taste buds, but I just don't miss meat. I like my food as it is: meatless.

But it wasnt a chore at first? Something awkward you had to work past?

When I started univeristy four years ago, I stopped eating red meat. I hadn't had any until about an hour ago when I tasted my ex's left over dinner from last night and it had sausage on it and I ate it without problem. He is making changes now since we broke up, and one of them is going back onto meat.

No. I don't know if I'm an exception, but it wasn't difficult for me. The only difficult thing for me was having to get all the pieces of bacon out of my meals, and stuff. And getting people to understand why the hell I wasn't eating meat anymore.

I had that same problem. Going out for breakfast is hard because it's always bacon, eggs, sausage, and I like to either get it taken off or substiuted, and they always look at me funny. And convincing my parents to accept it was hard too.

No. I don't know if I'm an exception' date=' but it wasn't difficult for me. The only difficult thing for me was having to get all the pieces of bacon out of my meals, and stuff. And getting people to understand why the hell I wasn't eating meat anymore.[/quote']

Well thats fair enough if you had no problem, most people do though (have meat 'cravings' and things like that).

But I dont exactly understand why you dont eat meat, or anyone for that matter. Does it taste better, or feel better on your conscience?

And if we didnt eat pigs, they'd be absolutely useless.

And does that bother you at all? You don't see a living pig in front of you when you eat your hamburger? Or how it's lived?

Sometimes I think about this, but not when I eat meat. If I did, I couldn't eat it anymore. :/

That's exactly my point. Think about it enough, and you don't even want to eat it anymore. And I don't miss the taste of meat.

I think I would miss it.

Do you also think about it when you wear something that is made of leathther, shoes for example?

No. I don't know if I'm an exception' date=' but it wasn't difficult for me. The only difficult thing for me was having to get all the pieces of bacon out of my meals, and stuff. And getting people to understand why the hell I wasn't eating meat anymore.[/quote']

Well thats fair enough if you had no problem, most people do though (have meat 'cravings' and things like that).

But I dont exactly understand why you dont eat meat, or anyone for that matter. Does it taste better, or feel better on your conscience?

So we should just eat them?

And by the way, could you point out the use of human beings?

So we should just eat them?

And by the way, could you point out the use of human beings?[/b]

Human beings are figuring out what the earth, science, everything is all about, they are leaving legacies and informing future generations. They have histories, they fall in love, they think.

Pigs dont, they are animals. If you think animals are the same as humans, then I dont know what to say.

Animals have no reasoning behind doing anything. They have sex with whoever they find, they eat their own children, from that to even, just wandering off, they have no reason to even be on this earth and the fact they live at all is pointless.... eeeeexcept for of course, keeping food cycles going and stuff like that. Do they even know they are doing it? No.

Thats the real reason I dont understand you being a vegetarian: from what I read in this topic its like you think animals are the same as humans in terms of thinking and feeling, except they are in animal form. They are monsters, if anything at all.