✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

(My band) Sinfonia- Full Album

Reilly

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

5.Blue Tax-I have heard this before and I am going to be honest. This is my least favorite track on the album. It just doesn't mesh with the rest of the album's sound.

I also agree with this... :embarrased: This one is also my least favorite track.. :embarrased: In fact.. I don't even like the song.. :embarrased:

Yes, I did meant if "You" wrote the songs.. :)

Aaron, my hero, this is the best review I've seen of my album (As in, its really well thought of and I love how you did a track-by-track followed by an overview).

Thank you so much, and I can understand everything you wrote.

Glad I could be of service and you are quite welcome ;)

5.Blue Tax-I have heard this before and I am going to be honest. This is my least favorite track on the album. It just doesn't mesh with the rest of the album's sound.

I also agree with this... :embarrased: This one is also my least favorite track.. :embarrased: In fact.. I don't even like the song.. :embarrased:

Its ok, I wont make too many excuses, but we just liked it because it broke up the feel of the album a little. We'd hate to take ourselves too seriously.

No need to be embarassed ;)

Ok, i just listened the whole album a few times so i have a few words for each song :cool:

1.-Welcome to the Feeling- The intro is pretty cool , it kinda reminds me the weirdness of kid A by radiohead (but said it in a good way of course ), i love how experimental this song sounds and the guitar change after the electronic intro with the soft clean guitar is pretty sweet , Its like one of those songs you just close your eyes and let yourself fly ( and if I was a hippie would get something to smoke too) however, there's something missing there,maybe its because of the recording process but the drums sound very low and doesn’t have that beat that would've given that touch missing in this song, the little solo reminded me the crazy jam jhonny greenwood plays during my iron lung so one clearly can notice his influence there but in a more spatial way, to be honest i didnt find it very original but this is not the final recording so it could get better with more efforce and a better drum recording.

2.- All Feelings Spared.- The change from the experimental first song to a catchy weezer rocky style was like whoa! Like mixing kid A with The green album. It’s a pretty catchy song and the intro is pretty good, but then again there’s a lack of a hard beat back with the drums and the bass line is just plain. The vocals for this song is great, not one of those voices you recognize and distinguish right away but it was alright during the whole song, the last 10 sec screwed up the song in vocal terms for my taste, it sounded forced and almost ‘grungy’ but if the bands has a grunge twist then hey, it fits good.

3.-Song of Ada .- Funny how the intro sounds very much like come as you are by nirvana and this kid a turns more and more into grunge ( not like in nirvana but more as in bush ) I Love the tempo and its was neat in that aspect but the vocals kill me, it sounds very out of tune and the lil scream at min 3:34 I think was sooo off the song but then again if this was meant to be a grunge song then its fucking awesome … the instrumental break and the leading riff was good, some delay and a progressive bass line would’ve been much better though. This song has potential maybe you can work it out for the final recording and give more presence to the bass and maybe get rid of the singer or send him to sing with kurt cobain .

4.-There's a Way.- This one if one of my favs of the album but it reminds me of polly by nirvana, not in vocal or guitars just the tempo,again the voice is out of tune in parts of the song specially in the high parts , that’s a major down and the riff could be better with less distortion , the solo part was very smashing pumpkin if you ask me, I might be wrong but I liked it. After the solo, the clean guitar strumming was so sweet, I loved it and is my fav part of the song along with the lower voice which sounds better than all the screaming but oh , just when I thought the there was no screaming the “ahhhhhh” came right on . Not that I hate all the screaming but it was so off the song . If it was for experimental grunge purposes then is just perfect but even with all the grunge influence, this song is one of my favs.

5.- Blue tax.- Ok, this song is one of the few songs that the singer can actually pull off with his actual range of voice , the tempo was awesome but I swear the 10 secs before the solo was come as you are by nirvana, haha not really but very alike...maybe some acoustic guitars for the final recording could fill the void in this song . No need to say I still find the drums and bass lines way to low , probably recording process but still.

6 .- Second Best.-This song has a very radioheadish background in some parts and I dig the experimental side of itself, it might grow on me with more then 5 listens but I so have a big problem with the vocals.With the low voicealong the song , it kinda reminds me to Jim Morrison in a trippy gig and out of tune for moments, especially in the chorus. Some vocal back up would’ve made a difference but keep up with the good work.

7.- Heat – More trippy spatial guitar effect, I’m a big fan of ‘trippy songs’ so I loved that, vocals were nice in this one, just too loud and still a lack of good drum beats and bass lines , its gives you some kind of goth environment like in the middle of the song, I really dig this song, the weirdness of it is just wonderful, great work and I so wish the vocals kept this range of sound in most of the tracks, a side note,I loved the flame effects in the intro and outro, pretty cool.

8.- After the Wave- Not to be harsh but the first min and a half is really weak and totally lame compared to the standars of this album so far. The vocals is like total 90% down for this song , the spatial sounds in the middle of the song brings some light to the darkness and the out of tune vocals but even with all that, this wont get any better. One dramatic change of direction for this song would be a better vocal performance and less reverb is some parts.Hope the final recording gets way better, and I cant wait to listen to it .

9.- Follow Her- When I first listened to it, it reminded me a video game soundtrack but I still cant remember what game? Damn! But seriously, the intro sounded ok, I find this tune very original, with clear radioheadish influences when it comes to experimental but it has its own personality and that’s something not many bands have , and this gives a twist to the half ‘grungy’ part of the album , this could easily be song number 2 after “welcome to the feeling” , just an idea.

10.- Sqea_ Omg, I totally loved this song, you know why?¡ cos the friggin out-of-tune voice wasn’t there HAHAHA , nah.. it’s a refreshing instrumental break in the album, very good stuff, nuff said.

11.- Opportunity to Think- darn, this song is well produced compared to the other songs, it must’ve been hard the playing of voices , I can tell cos I tried to record something like that on my own and it didn’t work the way I wanted. The special and experimental is well-defined in this song, I’d love to listen it again but with a better drum beat and better vocals, not something you like at first but after a few listens you find some magic in it, good work.

12.- Cut short.-After all the experimental listening and spatial ways of this album, I’m not surprised by this one, a great tune for album closer, the solo was pretty good and I felt some smashing pumpkins influence but with your own personal touch which was a real up in this tune..but again the vocals are so weak for moments but I certainly enjoyed this song.

All in all, Its pretty good stuff, not radical nor that experimental compared to bands like sigur ros or such, but it has that something other bands don’t have or don’t dare to try, and that makes me respect this work, A major down like I said in almost every comment is the vocals, that killed most of the feeling and tempo in this album but everything’s not lost (coldplay? :o ), just get rid of the singer and problem solved , the guitar was well worked and some solos were really ‘ high listening’ material for me, the bass, was there a bass at all? If so, it was too low or lost in all the spatial sound cos I couldn’t feel that presence.Bassist , for as much as we ignore them, play a key role in the band ...no need to mention the drum work. It has its ups and downs and I hope this might help to fix some mistakes in the final recording and really cant wait to listen the final product.

Thumbs up :cool:

4%20Thumbs%20Up%204x6%2072%20dpi.jpg

Ren :stunned: That seems to be a brilliant review. Im SUPER tired right now so I just overlooked it (Not because Im neglegent- I want to read it tomorow when I can get exactly what your saying), but thanks, a lot. Wicked review I look forward to reading in detail. :D

are you taking music seriously or are you a student?

i think you should try try out the london/new york scene i think you guys would do well at these cities especially if u guys look cool as fuck..

good luck and keep on writing

Thanks man. If I was taking this seriously I probably wouldnt be dodging around a messageboard with 15,000 posts haha, but we'll take whatever comes to us. We know a record label guy. We'd love to record the album as a finished product, but we have no money.

Ok it took some time lol... Well RapidShare has been a bitch lately. Here are my two cents on the whole thing, I'm gonna be completely honest... ;)

1. Welcome To The Feeling:

What a weird intro! I like it though - unlike anything else I've ever heard. The riffs are pretty cool and I like quirky mood.

2. All Feelings Spared:

Cool song, it has it obvious faults tho - one of them being the drums not sounding too good imo. Amazing guitars tho! The vocals are put a bit too low imo, and they're not the best either - bit too off here and there. (Who am I to talk tho ;) )

3. Son Of Ada:

One of the best songs on the album imo! It reminds me of Korn in some places. The voice, the quirky sounding guitar, the naked feel - it all fits good. Great work.

4. There's A Way:

I agree, this is a good taster of the album, and it has good lyrics, a well-put melody, but the production could have been better - other elements could have been brought out a bit more since it gets to dull after some time imo.

5. Blue Tax:

Good, happy-feel song. The singer pulls this off really well. Reminds me of Travis, a lot. Great work!

6. Second Best:

Quite a change from the last song - I like this a lot. The melody is both melancholic and more happy-go-ish at the same time, that's great. The vocals are a bit off in places... Could've been done different, but ok.

7. Heat:

Weirdness - I love it. Dark and beautiful - lovely effects. Well pulled off!

8. After The Wave:

Can I just say - AMAZING intro! Unfortunately the rest of the song doesn't quite live up to it, with a bit more polish and work I know it will though.

9. Follow Her:

Quite changing here yeah! Awesome riff in the intro - I actually like the production here, but the drums are a bit weak sounding. The way it builds up on the way through is great though. Even if it's not quite my cup of tea - I think it's pretty good.

10. Sqea:

The first few seconds it sounds like something from China. It's a good song, but I know what it needs: BASS. That'd rock so hard. Lovely riffs though, good work.

11. Opportunity To Think:

Bit too much drawn out in my opinion. In some places it sounds quite determined - other places it seems like you just don't know where to go. Not that it's bad tho. The part around 4 mins in is my fav.

12. Cut Short:

Really good melancholic ending to a good album: Vocals are good, melody is top-notch, and of what I could hear of the lyrics, I like them too. Good!

Just to end it all:

This may sound harsh in places lol (who am I to judge anyway), but I think with a bit more work, more time, real great, more polished production (and BASS lol): You'd rock so hard. You really got something great there - I hope you'll continue to work on it, you could be huge imo. ;)