✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

(My band) Sinfonia- Full Album

Reilly

Ok it took some time lol... Well RapidShare has been a bitch lately. Here are my two cents on the whole thing, I'm gonna be completely honest... ;)

1. Welcome To The Feeling:

What a weird intro! I like it though - unlike anything else I've ever heard. The riffs are pretty cool and I like quirky mood.

2. All Feelings Spared:

Cool song, it has it obvious faults tho - one of them being the drums not sounding too good imo. Amazing guitars tho! The vocals are put a bit too low imo, and they're not the best either - bit too off here and there. (Who am I to talk tho ;) )

3. Son Of Ada:

One of the best songs on the album imo! It reminds me of Korn in some places. The voice, the quirky sounding guitar, the naked feel - it all fits good. Great work.

4. There's A Way:

I agree, this is a good taster of the album, and it has good lyrics, a well-put melody, but the production could have been better - other elements could have been brought out a bit more since it gets to dull after some time imo.

5. Blue Tax:

Good, happy-feel song. The singer pulls this off really well. Reminds me of Travis, a lot. Great work!

6. Second Best:

Quite a change from the last song - I like this a lot. The melody is both melancholic and more happy-go-ish at the same time, that's great. The vocals are a bit off in places... Could've been done different, but ok.

7. Heat:

Weirdness - I love it. Dark and beautiful - lovely effects. Well pulled off!

8. After The Wave:

Can I just say - AMAZING intro! Unfortunately the rest of the song doesn't quite live up to it, with a bit more polish and work I know it will though.

9. Follow Her:

Quite changing here yeah! Awesome riff in the intro - I actually like the production here, but the drums are a bit weak sounding. The way it builds up on the way through is great though. Even if it's not quite my cup of tea - I think it's pretty good.

10. Sqea:

The first few seconds it sounds like something from China. It's a good song, but I know what it needs: BASS. That'd rock so hard. Lovely riffs though, good work.

11. Opportunity To Think:

Bit too much drawn out in my opinion. In some places it sounds quite determined - other places it seems like you just don't know where to go. Not that it's bad tho. The part around 4 mins in is my fav.

12. Cut Short:

Really good melancholic ending to a good album: Vocals are good, melody is top-notch, and of what I could hear of the lyrics, I like them too. Good!

Just to end it all:

This may sound harsh in places lol (who am I to judge anyway), but I think with a bit more work, more time, real great, more polished production (and BASS lol): You'd rock so hard. You really got something great there - I hope you'll continue to work on it, you could be huge imo. ;)

Woo! Another wicked review, critical, helpful, and positive :D

Thanks very much Bace. You are definately right about the bass in Sqea, that will be the first thing I mention to the guy in my band the next time I see him. That's one sweet bit of advice.

And I appreciate your other opinions on each song, we do need someone to actually produce this if it's going to go anywhere, but we dont have money. We can still write songs well though, and have more creative ideas then a LOT of new bands Im seeing (Even if we dont have the talent to pull all of them off).

It's more of a hobby at this moment. We did go many months without recording, just simply forgetting to. Hopefully we get it produced at some point.

Thanks again.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ren I agree with most of what you wrote it was very helpful man :D Thanks.

Bump to this.

Not a problem, sorry if i was harsh in some parts but i was just trying to be honest. You have great material there man, keep up with the good work :D

And to save some bumping , i'm making this sticky :cool:

Hmm. Not being funny in anyway. I tried to listen to song number 4 and song number one. All this material is unpolished and to be quite honest you need to use better equipment and actually use a proper recording studio. The vocals always seem to be very faint. And the breackdowns in song number 4 could do with being more innovative and more original. Keep to the material and work on it. If you guys are serious about becoming a band then this is what you will do. This seems to me to be a rough draft. I am sure you could make your songs 1000 times better if you use the right equipment.

One last thing. It is always a good idea to start a song with a good rythem. Save the wierd stuff for later into the song. Unless it is later into your bands carrear and people already know you. You got a rockish sound so look to bands that come before you to see how they did it. Most of them did not become known the way you are becoming known.

Ren I agree with most of what you wrote it was very helpful man :D Thanks.

Bump to this.

Not a problem, sorry if i was harsh in some parts but i was just trying to be honest. You have great material there man, keep up with the good work :D

And to save some bumping , i'm making this sticky :cool:

Ren!!!!!11 :blush: Did you ever know that your my heeeero? :idea2:

Like I said, the honest opinions are the most helpful and best :cool:

If you guys are serious about becoming a band then this is what you will do.

But we arent :idea2:

Unless it is later into your bands carrear and people already know you. You got a rockish sound so look to bands that come before you to see how they did it. Most of them did not become known the way you are becoming known.

I've always hated this kind of advice. It's understandable to say such a thing for when a band is over-ambitious in it's sound, even if it's a minimal small sound. But we have enough character to pull it off, nobody has ever listened to this and said "You sound like pretentious Radiohead" or "Fake Pink Floyd".

But the real reason I dislike the comment is because if we do go somewhere musically (Which we wont), we want to be one of those few bands who make stupid but honest decisions in where the music goes. Instead of holding ourselves back to sound easier.

I thank you for downloading the music though, but as we are amateurs it'd be a better idea to focus on the songwriting as the quality is bad.

I could help you. I can write great songs with my eyes closed.

You seen some of my poetry.

I do not think you are any of the things you said. I just think that as an amature band your sound is a bit to strange for an amature band. Get the basics right then go on. Do rock standards or any other standards depending on the music your band is trying to aspire to be a band in. But what you really need is better recording equipment.

I could help you. I can write great songs with my eyes closed.

You seen some of my poetry.

I do not think you are any of the things you said. I just think that as an amature band your sound is a bit to strange for an amature band. Get the basics right then go on. Do rock standards or any other standards depending on the music your band is trying to aspire to be a band in. But what you really need is better recording equipment.

I dont remember seeing your poetry, and I dont think any songwriter ever, can write great original songs without much effort. Unless you are telling the truth and dont feel like being the greatest songwriter ever.

Getting better recording equipment isn't an option, we dont have money (And the money we do have is focussed on more important things rather then wasting it on this).

I think Reilly sounds a bit like Thom Yorke, I'm not joking!

You would be correct! As I've spent a lot of time singing Radiohead songs.

Thanks for downloading Theresa ;)

I've downloaded three songs now. Number four is my favourite so far. It's a very good song and I like the lyrics as well. I like five as well, it's a happy song. Number ten sounds exotic, don't really like that one.

I can't download some songs, don't know what the problem is. There appears something about upload. :/

I think it's very good to chill out....have to listen to everything.... ;)

Thanks! It's definately chill out music.

I've downloaded three songs now. Number four is my favourite so far. It's a very good song and I like the lyrics as well. I like five as well, it's a happy song. Number ten sounds exotic, don't really like that one.

I can't download some songs, don't know what the problem is. There appears something about upload.

Number 10 is a weird one. Its cool you enjoyed the other two, thanks.

What songs are there problems with?

Alright Sally! That's cool.

Andrea I'm glad you liked it, rahock on.

:shifty:

i've heard you were about to cover eifeeel 65 less 5

i'm broke da baa deee da baa daaaaa

i have broken ear piercer in a broken ciment

broke is my leg breaking is the guitar

:laugh1:

:laugh1:

Fix me friend :/

I'm broken :wideeyed: