✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Piercings

green eyes88

I soooo want a belly button ring and i'm thinking of going downtown next week, on wednesday, to get one. Cause that's the only day i don't work. So, I wish that any of u convince me out of it, or deeper in to it by then, cause i don't wanna regret it !!!

Do any of u have any pearcings??

oi... i don't want it to hurt too much

get the ring if you like it, ive already pierced my lip, and year ago ive pierced my eyebrow (but know ive got a only a little scar).

if u pierce your skin it hurts less than piercing in your muscles (tongue for exemple).

but its VERY important to do it in piercings studio,ot at home- cause it could be dangerous... :)

i still dunno... because i'm not that sure i really want it... and i don't want my parents to be mad, or worse- DISAPPOINTED...... :/

plus, i don't want to be perceived into someone i'm not for getting one, because some of the girls that get bellybutton rings are, well, bimbos. But it's not like people see my bellybutton all the time... and i just think it looks cool now- what if it leaves a nasty scar??

Ok here's the deal. Yes, it hurts.

But for only about two seconds. Let me explain what they do first of all. He rubs your belly with some antibacterial soap, then draws on you to make sure it goes in straight. Then he either uses a clamp (which he did not for me), or pinches the skin. Then he places the needle through your skin and puts the piercing through. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes, and the actual piercing takes seconds.

The piercer I had was the friendliest person ever. He listened to my stupid questions that he has probably heard thousands of times. He went over how he sterilized the equipment, how he was going to do the procedure, how much it was going to hurt, and most importantly the upkeep. You have to be committed to it, because even if you miss a cleaning you have a high risk of infection. DONT. SKIP. CLEANINGS.

Also, If you have more fat on you, I've been told it doesn't hurt as much. Being a figure skater, and a mad exerciser, I do a lot of crunches and working out so my stomach is really all muscle.

And one last thing - wear low cut pants. I cant tell you how many times I ripped the poor skin around it by wearing my work pants. I have also been that if you put some sort of eye patch around the area, tape it down, and put your pants on over that, it will help the snagging. Ive never personally tried it, but I dont see how it couldnt work.

I gave it to myself as a college graduation present, and I think it looks cute. I love it, even though Im really the only one who sees it. I did it more for myself than anyone else. Im not a big, "hey look at my belly button" flaunter. The boyfriend likes to look at it, though. I guess thats good.

Oh and the whole bimbo stereotype...not true. I graduated with high honors, with a degree, and with a job fresh out of college. I just did it for me. Perhaps im a masochist. Im sure those "bimbos" get them, but Im also positive that they're not the only ones. :lol:

Good luck. If you need any more info, dont hesitate to ask your piercer. That's his job, after all. :) And if he doesnt want to give you answers, or doesn't know the answer to anything, LEAVE. You're not committed to the first place you go to. Shop around the area for piercers, because there are a lot of bad ones out there.

Lisa | 4.5 months/no infections.

thanks alot lisa... that helped. Before i was sorta leaning towards not doing it, because i don't know, people go me feeling bad about it. But u made me feel good... and it is something i've been wanting for a long time, i just didn't have the guts to do it, or take it very seriously. It's ust that now i'm 17 and i've got my own money and I don't really need my parents permission to do it...

i've already made plans with my friend to go get it on wednesday... I'm so excited!!

thanks alot lisa... that helped. Before i was sorta leaning towards not doing it, because i don't know, people go me feeling bad about it. But u made me feel good... and it is something i've been wanting for a long time, i just didn't have the guts to do it, or take it very seriously. It's ust that now i'm 17 and i've got my own money and I don't really need my parents permission to do it...

i've already made plans with my friend to go get it on wednesday... I'm so excited!!

Congratulations!

Thanks guys, I just speak from experience. :)