🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

German music....

Gitta Rensolo

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helge schneider is one of the best musicians in germany same with Götz alsmann..

I second the Alsmann thing.. he's a good bloke. :D

Never heard of him - and as far as Helge Schneider's concerned, I thought he was a "comedy singer"?? :huh:

You got right. ;)

Both are "comedy singers"

So how can you take them seriously?? All sounds like a big "joke" to me!! :P

And of course, Wolfgang Petry is "comedy", too!!

helge schneider is one of the best musicians in germany same with Götz alsmann..

Never heard of him - and as far as Helge Schneider's concerned, I thought he was a "comedy singer"?? :huh:

You got right. ;)

I don't take them seriously Oo

You got right. ;)

I don't take them seriously Oo

Well someone does! They said they were "among the best musicians in Germany". Doesn't say much for German music then, does it?? :D

Well someone does! They said they were "among the best musicians in Germany". Doesn't say much for German music then, does it?? :D

Not really :rolleyes:

I wonder, which people have told you this crap Oo

Oh' date=' and more typical German music - Die Toten Hosen and Die Arzte. Again, both pretty "hard"-sounding an not with mass appeal...........................[/quote']

Möööp, no!

Die Ärzte are pretty popular and famous in germany.

They are even in the single charts (between the most other crap from the last time ..).

And Die Toten Hosen are also such kind of band. Not so popular than Die Ärzte, I think.

They make good music, but only in german. What means: Not international ;)

In germany, they have both much mass appeal !

And one thing: You said "It's what you DO with that talent that matters."

Well, the management around Rammstein don't "hype" them anymore.

They have their fans, and good. The same as other bands ..

We could also have only hard and heavy music rotating in the majorities cd players, but as long as the music labels and the new media (TV and magazines, etc..) hype another teeny pop band or ringtone music, there's no chance ...

Understood me?

Hard and heavy music will NEVER have mass appeal, as it's too extreme for most ears. The same goes for hardcore rap and extreme techno.

It has nothing to do with the media.

Oh' date=' and more typical German music - Die Toten Hosen and Die Arzte. Again, both pretty "hard"-sounding an not with mass appeal...........................[/quote']

Möööp, no!

Die Ärzte are pretty popular and famous in germany.

They are even in the single charts (between the most other crap from the last time ..).

And Die Toten Hosen are also such kind of band. Not so popular than Die Ärzte, I think.

They make good music, but only in german. What means: Not international ;)

In germany, they have both much mass appeal !

Yes - but ONLY in Germany. And that's the problem. That kind of sound could only ever be popular in Germany, as it's too weird!!

If they were singing in English, it wouldn't make any difference.

But now, you can't say "german music is shitty" anymore, because there ARE great bands out there in germany.

You don't like 'em .. that's another thing :)

You say that, but you still haven't NAMED any!! None of the ones mentioned so far could be described as "great"!!

THESE are/were all "great":

Coldplay

U2

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

Which band is great and which is not depends still (thanks god for that) on everyone's point of view alone. So I think this discussion is unnecessary ;-)

No, there are lots of bands which could be described as "great", but none of those German ones mentioned could ever be put in that category.

Grönemeyer possibly could be, as he is a good songwriter and doesn't make "noise".

I have respect for him. :D

Which band is great and which is not depends still (thanks god for that) on everyone's point of view alone. So I think this discussion is unnecessary ;-)

No, there are lots of bands which could be described as "great", but none of those German ones mentioned could ever be put in that category.

Grönemeyer possibly could be, as he is a good songwriter and doesn't make "noise".

I have respect for him. :D

So then, who puts bands in the category "Great"?

God? George W. Bush? The Queen? You?

I think, this does everyone for himself...