✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurricane Katrina

Manders

dang. mobile has gotten spared ALOT. we are wither to far east or west of the eye so we dont get much. i feel so bad. i mean we got bad gusts and a couple of trees down and look at new orleans. i want to go volunteer so bad but my dad says that they would not let me in. my sister goes to college in gulfport which was the hardest hit. her apartments were directly on the beach. we may go this weekend hopefully. i want to volunteer so bad! this really sucks and i hate that we keep getting spared. its bittersweet. i know gulfport by heart. i was born there and i have been there on a monthly basis all my life. it really sucks. that is like my second home. dang. hope anyone on the gulf coast affected is okay. Dang.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my closest friends lives in Kenner, LA.. I haven't heard from him nor his wife... I hope they are ok. They have a baby girl too.. :embarrased: she's 2yrs old... his cell phone isn't accepting calls.. the operator says 'all circuits busy'... :embarrased:

I am so worried about my friends... :embarrased: I have been trying to call all day.... I know its useless.. but I feel I have to at least try. :embarrased: :cry: Fuck... this is unbelieveable... its so remisicent of the tsunami.. people on roofs.. bodies floating by... its just terrible.. people drowned in their attics!!

I live in metairie, my house was flooded four feet when the storm hit, the levees broke, and now nine more feet of water are moving into the city. pray for me, guys. i'm in texas now, and i don't know if i'll get to finish my senior year of high school. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I live in metairie' date=' my house was flooded four feet when the storm hit, the levees broke, and now nine more feet of water are moving into the city. pray for me, guys. i'm in texas now, and i don't know if i'll get to finish my senior year of high school. :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote']

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. How did you get out of town?? Were you in the house???

here's a link to a local news in Mississippi... http://www.wlbt.com/ click the video link... its about 20min. but amazingly devastating....

Guest LiquidSky

At least you are safe now, goodlovindude... This is why people should always have extra money in case of an emergency.. There were lots of people that didn't had money and ended up staying at the city.. Hope they are all allright now.. :/ and the gas is expensive too! :rolleyes:

i have some of my closest friends over at new orleans! i was so worried. they told me that they were sort of lucky because right before the hurricane Katrina, they went to Houston, Texas. little would they know that their house was going to be underwater the next day. they say that where their house is, is probably the worst part, water level is above 20ft. they lost everything, except for the few things on their suitcases.... the worst part is that they cant go back to their house until december! :cry: :cry: :cry:

i have some of my closest friends over at new orleans! i was so worried. they told me that they were sort of lucky because right before the hurricane Katrina, they went to Houston, Texas. little would they know that their house was going to be underwater the next day. they say that where their house is, is probably the worst part, water level is above 20ft. they lost everything, except for the few things on their suitcases.... the worst part is that they cant go back to their house until december! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Is anyone else going to donate money to the Red Cross? I think that anyone who feels effected by this, even in the smallest way, should give a few spare dollars to the organization so that they can get relief out to these people soon. Whether it be money to feed a family for a week, money to give a blanket to the homeless or enough to fill the gas tank of a rescue helicopter. I'm parting with my 150 dollars that I was saving up.

I'm sorry. I just get very into helping people, or attempting to. My money is the only way I can really show my grief.

My heart goes out to the people who have lost family members, friends, husbands, wives....

^ thats such a beautiful gesture... I think I will do the same. I can spare a few dollars.. and why not.. one never knows when disaster will strike you. You may need a helping hand as well one day. I know I was thankful to the Red Cross after Hurricane Andrew.. so, yes.. I agree... everyone who feels the slightest bit affected by this tragedy.. should donate anything they can...

x

yeah! lets do! see, i was affected by the 3 of the 4 hurricanes that attacked florida last year, trust me on this one, it is not a pleasant feeling, knowing that you can lose everything you have.... lucky me, my house wasnt completely blown over. i know some people over here that all they saw was the remainder of their house... :/ :/

watching FOX news now.. ( I don't know why) but I am watching Shepard Smith.. (he's hot) anyhoo..

sad to know that there is no type of organization there.. everyone seems to be roaming aimlessly around the city.. where is the National Guard??? Where's the military presence?? Oh yes... I forgot.. they've all been deployed!!! :rolleyes: :angry: This is where I get pissed... why the fuck does the president not do more for these people.. if we had the proper amount of military in LA we might have some type of order. People have been sleeping on the fuckin interstate.... because they can't go to the Superdome.. and they have to evacuate the city.. this is so fuckin sad.. fuck the President.. fuck this shit! I am so angry... its a travesty to see this on TV.. and the majority of the people who are all on the interstate.. are from the New Orleans projects section... yeah, fuckin coincidence right.. lower income families forgotten.. so typical of this society.. I hope they do something fast. There are babies out there, dehydrated!!!! No type of communication.. I understand... but send a copter.. send a message of some sort.. these people need direction.. they need to be reassured that they haven't been forgotten....

DO SOMETHING MR.BUSH!!! :angry:

ok rant over... :cry:

Good lord, blame the entire weather disaster on one person.

Look, I don't like GWB either. But its not his fault this happened. How is it his fault that some people got stuck on the interstate?

I understand your argument about the low-income people getting shafted. It happens too much in America, I agree. But it's not one person's fault. Not even close..

Good lord, blame the entire weather disaster on one person.

Look, I don't like GWB either. But its not his fault this happened. How is it his fault that some people got stuck on the interstate?

I understand your argument about the low-income people getting shafted. It happens too much in America, I agree. But it's not one person's fault. Not even close..

I never said that the storm was his fault.. that crazy lady on CO is the one that said that lol I blame him for not having adaquate military presence at the Gulf Coast.. these people need some type of order there.. they are roaming the streets now for 2 days and have no clue whats going on.. some of them didn't even know they had to evacuate the city... there is no military presence there to aide in this catastrophe.. thats his fault.. because they are all in Iraq... its not a secret that the military emrollment is waaaaaaaaaay down.. lets face it.. we are running low on military personnel.

this may spark an arguement i dunno.. but my opinion is that the federal gov't is doing a horrible job. i know fema cant go everywhere at once but i mean airlift some food or do something just to show the people that help is on the way. some people have been stranded for days without any outside communication. i mean in alot of disatrous situations the us has airlifted different necessites. its our own people. why hasnt this been looked at yet? im so confused. this is horrid.