✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurricane Katrina

Manders

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the heat and intensity of this situation is starting to get to these people.. they haven't slept.. they haven't eaten.. they are stressed out. A person can only take so much until ot starts to affect the mentally. Jesus... these rescuers have no cue on how to handle that.. they are afraid to go in there....

im really gettin sick seeing the whole disaster on the news.

i really dunno wot it is really like, but when i see the news here i cant get off the feeling that no one's really helping. i actually dont know wot to say i just feel so very very sorry for all those people :( ...i hope the situation gets better as soon as possible...

imagine that... you are half way around the world.. and you can see that no one is helping like they should (our govt' for example) People here.. (like my idiot boss) don't see that. They think its being handled well... :rolleyes:

I am very disappointed with the way this is being handled. Sad indeed...

thanks for you support though Sheila.. ;)

Bush may well be remembered for allowing people to die because he sat on this disaster for 2 days afterwards. And the fact that New Orleans is 70 percent Democratic and predominantly black had nothing to do with the pathetic federal response? Yeah right. Bush is a fuckwit :angry:

I think not. It's all over CNN, the national black caucaus has said the response was pathetic and now the Senate Majority leader Bill Frist wants there to be hearings into the response and he is Republican. I am so angry at this administration right now, so damn angry :angry:

yea.. $25 its the least I could do... :cry: I cry just thinking about it. People walking over the dead.. sleeping next to them... no food, no water, no showers.. no working toilets.. people have to go to the bathroom on the streets!! No communication, these people are lost.. they are homeless now..... God.. I get choked up just writing about it. :cry:

I am from New ORleans and i am in some new place that is not home. And ya know.. know what makes me the most mad about this whole thing is what people say and don't understand. New Orleans is not like most cities. It thrives but at the same time it was falling apart. We have always had the highest crime rate ever and hearing a murder on the news was sadly something we heard very often. It just so happens now that the whole world is seeing the violence of new orleans spread all over the south east. New Orleans is under marshal law, as u probably have herd, and u know why that is... that is because it is the only way to control some people in New ORleans. ANd you! you who is not from New ORleans has the nerve to say the gov. is not doing anything. well, they are they are doing the best they can given the circumstances. CNN seems to ignore that New Orleans has always had the worst crime rate ever ( except NY), and if we had a democrate president he wouldn't have done anything wrong. Well the gov couldn't do anything at first b/c no one could get into the city b/c AFTER :( the strom the city was still flooding because our leves broke. so no one could get in. Yes i feel sry for those good ppl with out food or water and yes i am helping where i am but it is not your place to judge someone or some instance on screwed info on CNN b/c you don't know what bush has done and the news fails to report but our local news does b/c we get local coverage on the hurricane. Anyone who is against the only hope we have has no hope. Pray for those who need help b/c of Katrina do NOT concentrate on the wrong but the good and the hope for the future. :cry:

d

I am from New ORleans and i am in some new place that is not home. And ya know.. know what makes me the most mad about this whole thing is what people say and don't understand. New Orleans is not like most cities. It thrives but at the same time it was falling apart. We have always had the highest crime rate ever and hearing a murder on the news was sadly something we heard very often. It just so happens now that the whole world is seeing the violence of new orleans spread all over the south east. New Orleans is under marshal law' date=' as u probably have herd, and u know why that is... that is because it is the only way to control some people in New ORleans. ANd you! you who is not from New ORleans has the nerve to say the gov. is not doing anything. well, they are they are doing the best they can given the circumstances. CNN seems to ignore that New Orleans has always had the worst crime rate ever ( except NY), and if we had a democrate president he wouldn't have done anything wrong. Well the gov couldn't do anything at first b/c no one could get into the city b/c AFTER :( the strom the city was still flooding because our leves broke. so no one could get in. Yes i feel sry for those good ppl with out food or water and yes i am helping where i am but it is not your place to judge someone or some instance on screwed info on CNN b/c you don't know what bush has done and the news fails to report but our local news does b/c we get local coverage on the hurricane. Anyone who is against the only hope we have has no hope. Pray for those who need help b/c of Katrina do NOT concentrate on the wrong but the good and the hope for the future. :cry:[/quote']

Im sorry for what you are going through---i really am----u say that we judge the government and we are harsh with it-----that we dont know what bush is doing----------exactly, we DONT know what he is doing, we want to know, we want to see action, we want to see help------so far, none

it is our duty, our right, our responsability to judge the government and demand action----they are here to protect us, to serve us, to reply to our demands yet, we havent seen any help from them

WE ARE THE FREAKEN UNITED STATES for God's sake----we have the most powerful planes, machinery, money, etc.......... I think there is so so much the government can do to save more lives over there, yet we havent seen them at all :(

They are acting:

New Orleans under marshal law (hummers, marines, the whole nine yards)

rescues but not that many chopers because the people are shooting at them.

boats have gone through and picked up people

buses are transporting the people out

What else do u think of as help?

and this help started when????? TODAY

now, how long has new orleans been in danger for----even before the hurricane hit it--it was already known that it would be catastrophic-------how long has it been???

for us being the US of america---we all expected more and faster help----FINALLY bush gets off his freaken ass and does something

They are acting:

New Orleans under marshal law (hummers, marines, the whole nine yards)

rescues but not that many chopers because the people are shooting at them.

boats have gone through and picked up people

buses are transporting the people out

What else do u think of as help?

I may not be FROM New Orleans.. but one of my closest friends is... he happens to agree with me. Yeah, you have the military NOW.. 5 days later. And they aren't Marines.. its the National Guard... not the same thing. I am sorry for what your city is going thru.. and for the record.. NY's crime rate isnt the highest in the country... I do know what it feels like to be displaced after a natural disaster... which is why I feel for the city and people of NO ... we are just voicing our opinions.. and its not just CNN who says the gov't hasn't reacted fast enough.... people from YOUR city are voicing their opinions as well.

well lilchick629 this message is for u. THey have been rescuing people since monday and the storm hit sunday night. How much sooner do u want- b4 that it would have been too dangerous. the city was ordered to evacuate.. yes, but does everyone have means of evacuating (money, car)? no! and u know why not everyone left? well, i will tell you not everyone left because we have had many false alarms before this one (2-4) every year in fact. and no not everyone knew the city was such a dangerous place to be.

I am from New ORleans and i am in some new place that is not home. And ya know.. know what makes me the most mad about this whole thing is what people say and don't understand. New Orleans is not like most cities. It thrives but at the same time it was falling apart. We have always had the highest crime rate ever and hearing a murder on the news was sadly something we heard very often. It just so happens now that the whole world is seeing the violence of new orleans spread all over the south east. New Orleans is under marshal law' date=' as u probably have herd, and u know why that is... that is because it is the only way to control some people in New ORleans. ANd you! you who is not from New ORleans has the nerve to say the gov. is not doing anything. well, they are they are doing the best they can given the circumstances. CNN seems to ignore that New Orleans has always had the worst crime rate ever ( except NY), and if we had a democrate president he wouldn't have done anything wrong. Well the gov couldn't do anything at first b/c no one could get into the city b/c AFTER :( the strom the city was still flooding because our leves broke. so no one could get in. Yes i feel sry for those good ppl with out food or water and yes i am helping where i am but it is not your place to judge someone or some instance on screwed info on CNN b/c you don't know what bush has done and the news fails to report but our local news does b/c we get local coverage on the hurricane. Anyone who is against the only hope we have has no hope. Pray for those who need help b/c of Katrina do NOT concentrate on the wrong but the good and the hope for the future. :cry:[/quote']

Rena, I live on the gulf coast and I am well aware of the dangers of hurricanes. There is a high crime rate in my city as well and there are unfortunately murders that take place with an all tooo familiar regularity. I also realize that you are a major bush supporter. I thank Camille and Laura for telling you how a lot of people are feeling. I don;t appreciate you attacking me and calling me out. However, I can;t even imagine how horrible your situation must be right now. I am praying for all of the people effected by this disaster.

There is no doubt that Bush sat on this disaster sweetie. THe storm hits on a Monday and he doesn;t even acknowledge it until Wednesday when he gives a cold hallow speech of nothing but talking points. He has to have his daddy and Clinton copme and help him out now because he is so inept. Not only are people in your city upset and devestated but so are people in bush's own party. Oh, and by the way, I don;t just watch cnn, i get my news my own way. Also, your own Mayor had some very harsh words for Bush and Co.

I pray very hard that this nightmare will end for the people of New Orleans but unfortunately this tragedy will endure for some time to come. I truly do wish you well Rena. :)

d

well lilchick629 this message is for u. THey have been rescuing people since monday and the storm hit sunday night. How much sooner do u want- b4 that it would have been too dangerous. the city was ordered to evacuate.. yes' date=' but does everyone have means of evacuating (money, car)? no! and u know why not everyone left? well, i will tell you not everyone left because we have had many false alarms before this one (2-4) every year in fact. and no not everyone knew the city was such a dangerous place to be.[/quote']

Look, i respect your point of view and i respect that----i understand your anger and i might not be able to comprehend to the fullest what you are going through because i am not there, yet i sympathize for everyone damaged

yet, i still dont agree that the government has done a great job----its been like you said, a few days since the catastrophe started and bush just appeared today to new orleans--------i wish action would have been there sooner--

who knows, maybe if help was provided earlier, many people who are dead now, would still be alive, or people would have been rescued earlier-------time is very, very valuable in this case because the people havent eaten, slept, rested, at all, and a few days, for them is an eternity----so i still think the government should have been there earlier

and i dont think i am thinking illogically, seeing how many other people agree with me---people who were damaged and people who were not----including the mayor of New orleans---so i am not alone in this thought