✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurricane Katrina

Manders

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg this is exciting she is on page 5 i didn't even read that page until just now. i know zairgirl. i went to school with her and now she is in lafayette too this is so exciting... someone i know! i haven't been able to tlk to her since service is out maybe she will get back on so i can get more info or i can check aim... :D

it doesn't matter what i tell u camille. i can't seem to win with u and all your resorces. I can just tell u this i will be for "my president" no matter what ups and downs he takes. everyones likeness of him is all conditional as you said and it shouldn't be. as zairgirl said goodness will come out of this :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

it doesn't matter what i tell u camille. i can't seem to win with u and all your resorces. I can just tell u this i will be for "my president" no matter what ups and downs he takes. everyones likeness of him is all conditional as you said and it shouldn't be. as zairgirl said goodness will come out of this :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

I'm confused... :huh:

I never said anything against you... I was just defending my opinion. And letting you know that your friend must be closer than you think.. if you are both posting from the same IP.. I thought that would make you happy?? Unless there is something else you care to share with the class...

anyhoo... I wish you luck. You must be going thru many emotions right now.. so I will just leave it at that.

Kanye West says, on the live celebrity broadcast to help raise money last night, that President Bush "does not care about black people".

He was quickly disowned by NBC in a statement and they deleted the comments from the West Coast replay.

Thoughts? Opinions? I hate turning a NATURAL DISASTER into something completely political. I think it can hurt and not help, but what scares me about this is that it IS turning into a political thing.

Why did they delete this? That just freaks me out... Freedom of speech, you know? Even if it was "out of line". Jaysus....

I don't blame one person for the slow response. I think it's just an entire system failure, a whole chain of aweful events. We learned after 9/11 that the firefighters radios did not work inside the buildings. We fixed it.

Relief work was nearly none existant up until yesterday. That is unacceptable. A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY took the dead bodies off their streets after the tsunami. THERE ARE STILL DEAD PEOPLE ON THE STREETS IN NEW ORLEANS.

I don't care what color glasses you're looking through, be it red or white. I don't give a shit if you're an elephant or donkey. This is unacceptable. It WAS unacceptable. We need to fix it, make sure this never happens again (the relief, I mean) and move on.

I'm sorry, I'm watching the news right now and am incredibly heated. I'm tired of this. We have to also look into the speed of evacuating people BEFORE the disaster strikes. A lot of people stayed not out of stupidity or being stubborn, but simply because they could not go anywhere! There are so many senile, frail people who live alone and have NO ONE. Couldn't we have sent troops before this to help them???

But then again, what if the hurricane had then missed New Orleans (which it essentially did) and the levees had not broken? There would have been complaints about the waste of time and money! Damned if you do, damned if you don't in this fuckin' country.

....Right. I'm DONE. LMFAO.

A fine read:

Subject: Vacation is Over... an open letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush

Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore

I know so many people hate Moore, and normally I tend to not listen to him. I'm not liberal or conservative, honestly. I despise politics. And Moore usually is, to me, a liberal version of Bill OReilly. Loud mouthed, opinionated, blow hard.

But he took the angry words right out of my mouth, there, I have to say.

"No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit."

:thumbsup:

I'm so MAD about this, and I hate taking my frustrations out on Bush, because in the end I'll just get flamed and more frustrated, but this was a major screw up. We're the fucking United States of America! We can take care of EVERY COUNTRY in this world, but we can't do anything for ourselves. We did more for Sri Lanka and Indonesia back in December.

:angry:

Thank you for that, colduser!

I know so many people hate Moore, and normally I tend to not listen to him. I'm not liberal or conservative, honestly. I despise politics. And Moore usually is, to me, a liberal version of Bill OReilly. Loud mouthed, opinionated, blow hard.

"No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit."

I'm so MAD about this, and I hate taking my frustrations out on Bush, because in the end I'll just get flamed and more frustrated, but this was a major screw up. We're the fucking United States of America! We can take care of EVERY COUNTRY in this world, but we can't do anything for ourselves. We did more for Sri Lanka and Indonesia back in December.

You are quite welcome. Moore is a blowhard at times but sometimes he really makes some great points. And don't worry about getting flamed for voicing your opinion about Bushy. It is great to have the freedom to say whatever you please. You are right anyways so never keep your opinions bottled up.

My name is Aaron by the way, what is yours? :)

You are quite welcome. Moore is a blowhard at times but sometimes he really makes some great points. And don't worry about getting flamed for voicing your opinion about Bushy. It is great to have the freedom to say whatever you please. You are right anyways so never keep your opinions bottled up.

My name is Aaron by the way, what is yours? :)

I get worried at times, when I write about how I feel in public places where I could alienate so many people. But I'm glad everyone here is so friendly and intelligent (well... some? LOL!! :P )

I'm Danielle, pleased to "meet" you. (or whatever LMFAO)