✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurricane Katrina

Manders

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll go protest with her----LETS BRING THEM BACK!!!!

its funny---when i turn on the tv to watch whats going on---you see nothing but black people stranded and looking for help--majority of people there are blacks--------I wonder if the government would have acted differently if it was a white community??? would they have sent more help???? sooner???? its hard not to notice racial issues in these matters :(

and i am totally outraged by the "looting vs finding" post :angry:

have you seen the pictures of the interstate?? Its terrible.. these people are literally sleeping on asphalt!!!! I remember when I was in FL during Hurricane Andrew.. the eye passed over Homestead.... a prodominantly Mexican neighborhood.. and many of these people.. were in hiding because they were illegal... it was a different situation then.. some of these people even hid in the everglades beacuse they were afraid they would get deported.. but what I am trying to say is this.. even then, it was a few days til people saw any type of relief. Actually, maybe 1 day had passed.. and crews were out.. I can understand that is difficult here because of the water.. but come on!!! I think we are sophisticated enough to figure something out.

yeah, how about getting more help. why dont they bring a couple of soldiers from iraq so they could help???????just an idea. my point is that, although i might not have the answer, but hey theres a lot of people at the govt, shouldnt they do something!? :huh:

d

have you seen the pictures of the interstate?? Its terrible.. these people are literally sleeping on asphalt!!!! I remember when I was in FL during Hurricane Andrew.. the eye passed over Homestead.... a prodominantly Mexican neighborhood.. and many of these people.. were in hiding because they were illegal... it was a different situation then.. some of these people even hid in the everglades beacuse they were afraid they would get deported.. but what I am trying to say is this.. even then' date=' it was a few days til people saw any type of relief. Actually, maybe 1 day had passed.. and crews were out.. I can understand that is difficult here because of the water.. but come on!!! I think we are sophisticated enough to figure something out.[/quote']

how long has it been since it was announced that new orleans was in great danger and that it could have been even more catastrophic??????

how come bush is barely replying to all this today????

i dont understand-----could it had been different if this happened in lets say, somewhere in TX. or maybe Carolina------in a dominant white community-------------i see race playing a big part in this----am i the only one??? :(

i wanna hear what nick has to say about all this------

*in a scooby Doo theme tone*

NICK, WHERE ARE YOU??

WE ARE FUCKEN UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

Arent we the most powerfull country, the most rich, the most prepared?????

Why the fuck is Bush barely getting his ass up and doing something today?? when this was predicted it would happen??? Do certain people, certain cities have more importance than others-------

or better yet---is Iraq more important than us american people in american soil??? I dont understand :angry:

my prayers to all the people who will be spending the night in cold weather---with no food, no shelter, no warmth, maybe even, lost family members :cry:

goodlovindude is a good friend of mine. I live(d) in Kenner, LA. I don't even know if i will see my friends again. I am in Lafayette LA and he is in Texas. I talked to him and he said he is not ever coming home. I don't know what to think or do my whole world is falling apart. we left saturday night and we never thought this hurricane would be different i mean ivan gerorge they were fine... The whole city, my home, school church is gone... Thank YOu for your help, support, and prayers.

s

goodlovindude is a good friend of mine. I live(d) in Kenner' date=' LA. I don't even know if i will see my friends again. I am in Lafayette LA and he is in Texas. I talked to him and he said he is not ever coming home. I don't know what to think or do my whole world is falling apart. we left saturday night and we never thought this hurricane would be different i mean ivan gerorge they were fine... The whole city, my home, school church is gone... Thank YOu for your help, support, and prayers.[/quote']

:cry: hearing you say this brought tears to my eyes----it really did----i am really sorry for all you guys are going through--- i am glad you are fine you were able to get out fine---i fear for all the people who chose to stay and now are in great danger and chaos :cry:

that whole looting finding stuff is pretty bad. i was expecting it to say "looting a best buy" or something. like looting and finding are different if it is necessity like food it is usually find but if it is tv or what not it is loot. weird im shocked that they said loot and find for the same thing. stupid people.

zairgirl, I will keep you and your family and friends in my thoughts. Really. The only thing that's been running through my mind all day is one song lyric. "Well I never pray, but tonight I'm on my knees, yeah." I don't know who I'll direct my thoughts to, but I honestly hope that they will send something good your way.

I watched the coverage on ABC just an hour ago, and I was incredibly moved. People helping people. It outwieghs the footage of people HURTING people. And that just... Really made me tear up. And the heros. The hospital workers!!! The only working hospital in New Orleans stayed working, it consisted of the day old infants in urgant care, and the very elderly people. If they had been moved, they surely wouldn't have survived. One 3 week old baby relied on one machine. If it had stopped working they would have to manually turn the device in a rotation to keep his tiny heart beating! And miraculously, the power stayed on.

I've never believed in anything before this. That's starting to change. There are people who put their own lives on the line to save a tiny little soul that has no idea what is going on. It just really choked me up..... Made me think about how we work. For every one bad person, there's 20 good ones. And the miracle that these little babies lived, that technology stayed on in that one hospital...

Ah. I GET SO EMOTIONAL LMFAO! :cry: *done*

Thank You an_cat and lilchick629 for your kind words and prayers. they really mean a lot to me and my family. I hope and pray that many others are as fortunate as I. It is sad that it takes a tragedy to unite this nation, but at least we can and do come together. God has many mysterious ways of making everything somehow work and that thought is what gets me through each day.

It is currently 123am EST and I have just received a phone call from my friend Ricardo who lived in Kenner.. he and his wife left Kenner on Saturday and are currently in Houston as well. The only thing I can say is... thank you to the kind people of Texas who have so graciously opened their hearts and arms to those in need. Their neighbors from Louisiana.. bless their souls. Cardo infromed me that they are all fine.. (and I found out his wife is preggers again!) which is lovely. She was suppose to find out the sex of the baby today.. but as many LA'ers.. they had to leave their lives behind. He says that he has no flood damage to their home. Someone who stayed behind has gone to check out their property.. and as of yet, not water damage.. (or so it seemed) but he did have some structural damage to his home. He sounded so sad... my heart was aching.. but I was so overjoyed to hear from him. :cry: Thanks to all who prayed.. and keep praying.. there are thousands of souls who still need our help.

x

Bourbon blues on the street loose and complete

Under skies all smoky blue-green

I can forksake the dixie dead shake

So we dance the sidewalk clean

My memory is muddy what's this river I'm in

New Orleans is sinking and I don't want to swim

Colonel Tom What's wrong? What's Going On

You can't tie yourself up for a deal

He said "Hey North you're south shut you big mouth

You gotta do what you feel is real."

Ain't got no picture postcards ain't go no souvenirs

My baby she don't know me when I'm thinking about those years

Pale as a light bulb hanging on a wire

Sucking up to someone just stoke the fire

Picking out the highlights of the scenery

Saw a little cloud looked a little like me

I had my hand in the river

My feet back up on the banks

Looked up to the lord above and said hey man thanks

Some time I fell so good I gotta scream

She says Gordy baby I know exactly what you men

She said, she said I sweat to god she said::.

My memory is muddy what's this river I'm in

New Orleans is sinking and I don't want to swim

Tragically Hip

zairgirl i will keep you and your family in my mind in heart...... along with many of other friends and family... i will pray for you and all of those unfortunate souls that now cant wake up to see the magnitude of the wrath of katrina. i'll do my best to help in this catastrophe, perhaps in the history of the US. its massive destruction was not only for a few hours is still being felt and will always be felt...

zairgirl... please rembember, although life sometimes gives you lemons... make lemonade or better lemon pie... :dozey: EVERYTHING"S NOT LOST.....