✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

September 11

*Justine*

4 years since the event. Yet we still live in that time. 3000 people deid, but will not be forgoten. All of us see the event differently from eachother. And the truth is buried inside the politics. Sad 3000 people have to be dead because of governments and religion politicking. Always the same powers bringing evil, creating war and devastation. They repeat history, instead of learning from it.

I remember where I was on 9/11. I was about to lay a dry cloth on a car, when my boss came in and told me the news. I immediately put the radio on. I remember every moment while it sunk in. My first thought was it was no mistake of pilots flying plans into the WTC. I knew there was something more to this. As I watched the footage of the plans flying into the WTC, I pulled both my fist forward, and sceamed at the TV screen. I couldn't understand the evil behind the act. It also awoken something in me. It awoken this side of me, that started asking questions. Deeper questions. Questions that now make me a Liberal every time I ask them. Even music artist have asked similiar questions. and they as well get labeled as Liberal. I'm starting to wonder if questions is evil to the people who hold power.

Anyways I'm blabbing on here, my apologies.

Those people died because of politicking. And those people died with no one taking blame or responsibility. Some argue and say the Republicans did admit some blame, and that they did take responsibilty. But i for one don't believe blaming the mistake on "intelligence" information, or bombing another country is what it means to admit blame, or take responsibility. They could have publicly admited they directly made mistakes while leading, and they could have resigned for those mistakes.

The fundamentals of a leader, is one that will admit fault. Not blame it on other factors around them. A leader realises everything around them is their responsibility. All the organizations that may have failed on 9/11, was under the leadership of the Republican party.

Kevin

I remember that day like as if it were yesterday... I was on my way to work.. and my car radio went out.. now mind you my car was starting to fail me in those days.. so I thought.. 'aww man.. this is great.. now my radio is dead....' I changed the station.. and other stations were working.. so I figured it wasn't on my end... I kept on driving.. the station came back on with a totally different song on.. didn't think much o it at the moment.... so I continued into my office parking lot.. walked into the building.. and in the lobby... everyone was congragated around the tv set... a saw a gaping hole inside one of the towers.. and thought....

woah! What happened?? A woman told me plane had hit the building.. I said 'wow.. how odd... all these years and no one has ever done that.. what a way to start to a morning'..... at the time it was said to be one of those little planes.. a sesna? (sp) anyhoo.. but the time I got upstairs to my desk.. I turned on the newsradio.. and heard that the second tower had been hit.. by a plane as well.. an airliner.. by now.. I knew this wasn't an accident.... something was going on... I tried callin my best friend in the city.. no answer.. cell phones were out... I had no means of communication. Now my office is about an hour from NYC... and we have a huge window all along our office facing west... towards the city.... and from our window.. we could see the smoke billowing north... it was incredible. Unbelievable..no one at woek could concentrate on work.. all I could do was look out the window... :cry: I was in shock. My cousin worked in the financial district... just about 4 blocks from the WTC and I immediately called her..... "Get out of there..." I remember telling her.. the "Pentagon has just been hit!" I was seriously scared at that moment. I mean, Christ! This is our Department of Defense!!! Needless to say.... I just couldn't concentrate.. my friend ended up calling me.. he had walked into Queens.. which is what everyone was doing.. just walking out of Manhattan... like some mass exodus... sad really. But I remember it vividly. My cousin got out safely.. a she got to the lobby of her building.. she noticed no one was leaving the lobby... seconds later.. it turned pitch black she says.... it was the cloud of sut from the 1st collapsed building.... when she got home.. she was covered in that stuff.... tok her clothes off right when she entered her apartment.. and left them there for 3 weeks.

^Oh my god..... That's horrible. Thank god she wasn't closer or in the buildings themselves....

I really try not to focus on my memories of Sept. 11th, or the days that followed. It's not because I'm trying to forget it, not by any means, I never will. And that's the problem.

My family had a very close call when it comes to that day. It's very likely that if things had been different I would be fatherless. My dad had traveled to California for the entire week, leading up to September TENTH. On the tenth, that night, he got on a plane and traveled to Logan airport.

That plane he rode on was the one hijacked the next day and flown into one of the 2 towers, my dad didn't want to tell me which. It had the same crew.... Stewardesses he had seen the night before... Christ...

Well, that day (I was only in the 7th grade when it happened) we got called down to the auditorium and were told that 2 planes had been hijacked. Nothing about the towers. Nothing about people dying. I didn't know my father had come back that night, so I was very upset all day. But I didn't know anything else about it so the full effect of it didn't hit me till I was riding home in the car and my mom was crying. She just kept muttering "They're... gone..." God... I remember that so specifically. I asked if dad was ok, and thank god he was.

That night was the first night I REALLY sat down and did my homework. With my back deliberately facing the television (my mom didnt' want us watching the footage if she could help it, especially my brother who was only about 9). However... I remember turning around and just as I did they were showing footage of a man jumping from a building and just tumbling.....

Shit. That image has stayed in my mind for the past 4 years. Everytime I see the numbers 9/11, see a mention of the incident, go to NYC... It's just that one thing that plays in my mind. It seriously scarred me for life. Agh...

I'm sorry, I've got a lot of emotion towards 9/11. It's funny though, about 2 months later (when security was at it's highest) we went to Disney World as a family, a trip we planned a year before it happened. We weren't letting those bastards bring us down. I wont say I wasn't terrified when the plane took off, though!

My heart really goes out to those families who lost loved ones in Washington, New York and Pennsylvania.... It could have been me. It could have been any of us. We can never forget, and never will.

f

sept. 11 is my bf birthday and we feel bad celebrating it because of 4 years ago---a friend lost a brother that day so we dont like celebrating on this day-we are going to celebrate tomorrow his birthday

there is still one question though---where is bin ladden? i hope he rots in hell and if he still is alive, i hope he is suffering

this is just too painful---i'll cut the chatting :cry:

^Oh my god..... That's horrible. Thank god she wasn't closer or in the buildings themselves....

I really try not to focus on my memories of Sept. 11th, or the days that followed. It's not because I'm trying to forget it, not by any means, I never will. And that's the problem.

My family had a very close call when it comes to that day. It's very likely that if things had been different I would be fatherless. My dad had traveled to California for the entire week, leading up to September TENTH. On the tenth, that night, he got on a plane and traveled to Logan airport.

That plane he rode on was the one hijacked the next day and flown into one of the 2 towers, my dad didn't want to tell me which. It had the same crew.... Stewardesses he had seen the night before... Christ...

Well, that day (I was only in the 7th grade when it happened) we got called down to the auditorium and were told that 2 planes had been hijacked. Nothing about the towers. Nothing about people dying. I didn't know my father had come back that night, so I was very upset all day. But I didn't know anything else about it so the full effect of it didn't hit me till I was riding home in the car and my mom was crying. She just kept muttering "They're... gone..." God... I remember that so specifically. I asked if dad was ok, and thank god he was.

That night was the first night I REALLY sat down and did my homework. With my back deliberately facing the television (my mom didnt' want us watching the footage if she could help it, especially my brother who was only about 9). However... I remember turning around and just as I did they were showing footage of a man jumping from a building and just tumbling.....

Shit. That image has stayed in my mind for the past 4 years. Everytime I see the numbers 9/11, see a mention of the incident, go to NYC... It's just that one thing that plays in my mind. It seriously scarred me for life. Agh...

I'm sorry, I've got a lot of emotion towards 9/11. It's funny though, about 2 months later (when security was at it's highest) we went to Disney World as a family, a trip we planned a year before it happened. We weren't letting those bastards bring us down. I wont say I wasn't terrified when the plane took off, though!

My heart really goes out to those families who lost loved ones in Washington, New York and Pennsylvania.... It could have been me. It could have been any of us. We can never forget, and never will.

omg! that's horrible... :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: i cant stop crying!

i saw 9/11 from a whole diff. perspective, i wasnt living here, i was living in honduras, and even then... i felt like it was the worst thing... but you... that's something... im so sorry danielle!

I remember that day like as if it were yesterday... I was on my way to work.. and my car radio went out.. now mind you my car was starting to fail me in those days.. so I thought.. 'aww man.. this is great.. now my radio is dead....' I changed the station.. and other stations were working.. so I figured it wasn't on my end... I kept on driving.. the station came back on with a totally different song on.. didn't think much o it at the moment.... so I continued into my office parking lot.. walked into the building.. and in the lobby... everyone was congragated around the tv set... a saw a gaping hole inside one of the towers.. and thought....

woah! What happened?? A woman told me plane had hit the building.. I said 'wow.. how odd... all these years and no one has ever done that.. what a way to start to a morning'..... at the time it was said to be one of those little planes.. a sesna? (sp) anyhoo.. but the time I got upstairs to my desk.. I turned on the newsradio.. and heard that the second tower had been hit.. by a plane as well.. an airliner.. by now.. I knew this wasn't an accident.... something was going on... I tried callin my best friend in the city.. no answer.. cell phones were out... I had no means of communication. Now my office is about an hour from NYC... and we have a huge window all along our office facing west... towards the city.... and from our window.. we could see the smoke billowing north... it was incredible. Unbelievable..no one at woek could concentrate on work.. all I could do was look out the window... :cry: I was in shock. My cousin worked in the financial district... just about 4 blocks from the WTC and I immediately called her..... "Get out of there..." I remember telling her.. the "Pentagon has just been hit!" I was seriously scared at that moment. I mean, Christ! This is our Department of Defense!!! Needless to say.... I just couldn't concentrate.. my friend ended up calling me.. he had walked into Queens.. which is what everyone was doing.. just walking out of Manhattan... like some mass exodus... sad really. But I remember it vividly. My cousin got out safely.. a she got to the lobby of her building.. she noticed no one was leaving the lobby... seconds later.. it turned pitch black she says.... it was the cloud of sut from the 1st collapsed building.... when she got home.. she was covered in that stuff.... tok her clothes off right when she entered her apartment.. and left them there for 3 weeks.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: omg! that's so sad!

im going to go have a huge cry.... and to think today is jonny's b day! :cry:

:(

This day always makes me sad/angry/frustrated...

I have no relatives in New York, thankfully, but God, this makes me mad... I was only in 5th grade at the time, and my best friend's grandpa died--he came to school crying the day after.

It's sickening how people can do this claiming to be working under their god...

lilchick,

Where is bin ladden? Well there's one of those questions I was talking about. The type of question in a matter of a thought, I'm considered anti-american or Liberal. These people who do this, don't even take more then one thought from their narrow mind to understand what I'm asking. That's narrow minds for you. A label is easier then thinking. It's the "small mind" that is to lazy to think more then one thought when faced with a discussion. They only use the pre-set thoughts for a particular argument- Liberal, Anti-American, Evil, Communist, Anti-Christ and Witches. Why do you think its so hard to communicate. Many people from different ideologies are guilty of this though. Not just conservatives ;)

I don't blame them for their responses for this first question of where Bin ladden is. That is more a conspiarcy theory type of question. But other questions I have which I could share with you. Those are all questions that I think reveal something without even having an answer. Yah check them out.

Now the actual question "Where is Bin Ladden" is not exactly a high intelligent question to think of, its actually quite a simple question. Especially when your asking a question that someone may end up just saying "well if we knew where he was we would have caught him by now". Someone might have said that here. But don't worry (likchick), I beat them to it. I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way, like maybe someone would have.

But the fact is the question has some weight, the weight of the truth, of whether someone in the U.S actually holds the answer to that question in his head. Holding it there for a cause. Who really knows. I'm not saying I personally believe someone does. But the question is still o.k to ask. Maybe the answer is nobody knows where he is. Oh well still have other questions like below.

I think this question only brings with it additional questions. Like the media role of the Hunt for Bin Ladden. An American can blame blame the media for not asking these questions. Like why isn't Fox nor CNN in afghanistan asking these soldiers questions.See what they think about their role there. Don't just show one officers view either. Give a whole group of them a public interview. All the cameras they had for the American movie called "Iraq invastion", where are these cameras for Afghanistan now. Would you agree every American wants to see the capture of Bin Ladden? Why isn't the entertainment media picking up on that audience demand? Imagine this CNN or Fox can run a show called "The Hunt For Bin Ladden" stay tuned. Just like the movies they played "Shock and Awe" or "Project Iraq".

Its ironic that these reporters took such a risk in Iraq, being in the battle. I believe some of them were also in Afghanistan for the initial invasion there. But now we still see more in Iraq (while its still a huge risk) coming from the bombings there. In Afghanistan we see little reporting, even though there is less of a risk there. Where are those reporters who should be interested in the capture of Bin Ladden. At the same time they could feel safer. Maybe these high risk reporters are getting more then a journalist wage. Could it be government bonuses LoL.

But to expand on that question.

I'm still confused as to why Saddam got more military might longterm then what Bin Ladden got in Afghanistan. From the reports I've read, (can't remember exact figures) they say there is still allot less military in Afghanistan then in Iraq. Allot less then what they need to really be able to find Bin Ladden. One can ask exactly how much time it would have took if they spent all their time in Afghanistan to find Bin Ladden. And if they had caught him at the same time span as when they caught Saddam. Americans and Eruopeans could have been much safer knowing they had Bin Ladden. He would have been a bigger step to security, if they caught him. Even with Saddam still in power, it is fact now they know he posed no threats to America. Unless you've been watching fox that is, you may not believe this. But even a Fox news brain could agree that they should have done more military might in the search for Bin Ladden. More troops covering quicker and faster with amazing American technology. Especially if you learnt American military capability from Fox, you probably think the U.S won vietnam and Iraq. They see something me and you can't. They see innocent lives as a win. Yah never understood that either.

So yah your questions still stands, and its an intelligent question. "Where is bin ladden?"

GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO DIED with a blessing for us all to see the dark light of the powers that surround us.

Kevin

it's devestating. i remember that day so clearly as well :cry: i was in grade 6, and my teacher got called out. she came back in, literally looking like she had seen a ghost, never in my life had i ever seen someone go from normal and then a minute later come back in so pale. never. she told us what happend, but just a short summery. during recess while we were going out we walked passed a window looking down in the library where tons of teachers sat around watching the tv. i know what i saw, the smoke the fire, and the huge hole in the building... and it dawned on me how terrible what had happend was.

one of my teachers had lost one of his close friends, i've never felt so sorry for him to have to be part of it. my sister mindy had been in his class, and she had seen him practically crying that day.

something like this never should have happend, and should NEVER happen again :angry:

d

lilchick,

Where is bin ladden? Well there's one of those questions I was talking about. The type of question in a matter of a thought, I'm considered anti-american or Liberal. These people who do this, don't even take more then one thought from their narrow mind to understand what I'm asking. That's narrow minds for you. A label is easier then thinking. It's the "small mind" that is to lazy to think more then one thought when faced with a discussion. They only use the pre-set thoughts for a particular argument- Liberal, Anti-American, Evil, Communist, Anti-Christ and Witches. Why do you think its so hard to communicate. Many people from different ideologies are guilty of this though. Not just conservatives ;)

I don't blame them for their responses for this first question of where Bin ladden is. That is more a conspiarcy theory type of question. But other questions I have which I could share with you. Those are all questions that I think reveal something without even having an answer. Yah check them out.

Now the actual question "Where is Bin Ladden" is not exactly a high intelligent question to think of, its actually quite a simple question. Especially when your asking a question that someone may end up just saying "well if we knew where he was we would have caught him by now". Someone might have said that here. But don't worry (likchick), I beat them to it. I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way, like maybe someone would have.

But the fact is the question has some weight, the weight of the truth, of whether someone in the U.S actually holds the answer to that question in his head. Holding it there for a cause. Who really knows. I'm not saying I personally believe someone does. But the question is still o.k to ask. Maybe the answer is nobody knows where he is. Oh well still have other questions like below.

I think this question only brings with it additional questions. Like the media role of the Hunt for Bin Ladden. An American can blame blame the media for not asking these questions. Like why isn't Fox nor CNN in afghanistan asking these soldiers questions.See what they think about their role there. Don't just show one officers view either. Give a whole group of them a public interview. All the cameras they had for the American movie called "Iraq invastion", where are these cameras for Afghanistan now. Would you agree every American wants to see the capture of Bin Ladden? Why isn't the entertainment media picking up on that audience demand? Imagine this CNN or Fox can run a show called "The Hunt For Bin Ladden" stay tuned. Just like the movies they played "Shock and Awe" or "Project Iraq".

Its ironic that these reporters took such a risk in Iraq, being in the battle. I believe some of them were also in Afghanistan for the initial invasion there. But now we still see more in Iraq (while its still a huge risk) coming from the bombings there. In Afghanistan we see little reporting, even though there is less of a risk there. Where are those reporters who should be interested in the capture of Bin Ladden. At the same time they could feel safer. Maybe these high risk reporters are getting more then a journalist wage. Could it be government bonuses LoL.

But to expand on that question.

I'm still confused as to why Saddam got more military might longterm then what Bin Ladden got in Afghanistan. From the reports I've read, (can't remember exact figures) they say there is still allot less military in Afghanistan then in Iraq. Allot less then what they need to really be able to find Bin Ladden. One can ask exactly how much time it would have took if they spent all their time in Afghanistan to find Bin Ladden. And if they had caught him at the same time span as when they caught Saddam. Americans and Eruopeans could have been much safer knowing they had Bin Ladden. He would have been a bigger step to security, if they caught him. Even with Saddam still in power, it is fact now they know he posed no threats to America. Unless you've been watching fox that is, you may not believe this. But even a Fox news brain could agree that they should have done more military might in the search for Bin Ladden. More troops covering quicker and faster with amazing American technology. Especially if you learnt American military capability from Fox, you probably think the U.S won vietnam and Iraq. They see something me and you can't. They see innocent lives as a win. Yah never understood that either.

So yah your questions still stands, and its an intelligent question. "Where is bin ladden?"

GOD BLESS ALL THOSE WHO DIED with a blessing for us all to see the dark light of the powers that surround us.

Kevin

wow---sorry i asked--sheeeesh

nah, just kidding----i agree with many things you said---and thanks for your reply on this-----and i still wonder, where is bin ladden cause i thought the whole idea of u going to war and invading over there was to keep US safe from bin ladden and iraq's evil plan of weapons of mass destruction----yet, there was no weapons, there is no bin ladden captured, and ironically, we were not completely safe (hurricane katrina)

so i ask myself---has this all been a failure or is it a success in progress?

anyways---didnt mean to get political there---specially in this thread

my heart aches when i remember what happened 4 years ago-----i wanna say like Greenday----"wake me up when september ends" -----this month is just cursed or something :cry:

I didn't mean to get political either. But I just feel the people behind all 9/11, would love if we continue to reflect on this without asking questions. The questions have to be asked. Its 4 years and many of the same questions are never answered. And this Republican party continue to gives lies. They started with the took of labeling anyone who oppose them was anti-american, now their using this strategy that anyone who oppose them are Liberal and evil. Its basically some of the same techniques Liberals have used for decades towards them. So what do you expect.

These people died because of evil. If the U.S had no connection to this evil in their business dealings. Then maybe I would not direct so many questions towards the U.S governments. If this was an attack on the U.S by let's say a country like Norway. Then maybe I would be very suspicious of the act. I mean I know that is a weird example. But anyways the point is, the attack came from a friend in economics and wealth. Does one have to be naive to think that the relationship between the two countries has to be looked at with some suspicious even today 4 years later. I guess in the end, the truth will die like all other events in American history. Heck, Assassinations never get solved either.

Kevin

I still remember everything so vividly. I was sitting at my desk at work (I worked at One World Financial Center.. right across the street from The World Trade Center) and I heard a loud noise. It sounded like the noise a truck carrying pipes makes when it goes over a pothole. It’s a pretty typical noise for New York City, but I was on the 35th floor and you can’t hear anything that’s going on the streets at that height. The next thing I heard was someone screaming from across the hallway “There is a bomb in the building, everybody get the fuck out”. Most people evacuated my building then, but a few of us stayed back, not knowing what had happened. Then we heard rumors and it crossed our scrolling headlines tape on the computer that a plane had crashed into one of the towers. We all thought it must have been a Cessna with a student pilot who lost control.

A few of us gathered in my manager’s office because his window faced the towers. All we could see was the fire and debris and glass falling, no sign of a plane (I actually thought at that time that I would be able to see a part of a wing or cockpit or something, not realizing the force of the impact disintegrated everything). I kept going back to my office, fielding calls from family members, doing work, and back to my manager’s office… As I watched the blaze above, I could see the fireman entering the building (there was a firehouse right across the street which I passed everyday on the way to work), people exiting the building, and debris and glass falling… and then the first body fell.. We all let out a gasp as a man fell. And then it started. More and more began to fell and we were all in shock. I left back for my office and felt sick to my stomach. After a little while I was about to go back to my manager’s office and there was a loud bang and our building shook… the second plane had struck and there was no doubt this was an act of terrorism.

I gathered my bag, grabbed Pete, a colleague of mine who was on the phone, and told him we had to leave. We walked down the stairs, everyone scared and not knowing what was going to happen next. The streets were packed with so many people, everyone transfixed on both the buildings. I couldn’t stand to look at it much more because every few seconds a body would fall. There were a couple of asshole frat boy traders on the street who actually as they were looking at people dying, saying. “A War is always good for the economy”. I couldn’t believe it.

Anyway Pete and I decided that it was too much of a hot spot to just stay there, so we decided to leave that area, not knowing if anything else may happen. We walked towards the residential buildings nearby and tried to use the phones there. No cell phones were working by then… we managed to make calls from the building lobby and then decided to walk away. I told him he could come over to my place (as he lived in Long Island). We knew that all subway service had been halted so we would have to walk it. We weren’t very far away from the towers because we were going to cross the west side highway. There was a clear path between where we stood and the towers were (maybe about one third of a mile)… and the first tower collapsed just as we were looking straight at it. For a moment I was frozen, not believing my eyes, really thinking this was some kind of nightmare... it could not be happening.. and then all I heard was people screaming behind me and running the opposite way.. As it collapsed, a huge plume of smoke started moving towards us. I ran as fast as I could but I knew it would catch me.. it finally did.. we put our shirts over our mouths for a filter and breathed through there..

We ended up near this restaurant, which had outdoor seating, and we crowded under the umbrellas to escape the smoke.. people then took the chairs and broke the glass door of the restaurant and we all went in.. people covered with smoke, coughing, everyone in disbelief.. Pete and I decided to wait for a bit until things cleared up outside. When they did, we went out and saw a Ferry being boarded by many people.. we looked at each other and though it was probably best to just get out of the city.. when we reached the edge of the dock, they shut the gate and the ferry started to leave.. just then we heard another loud noise, not knowing what it was (the second tower had just collapsed), we jumped from the edge onto the moving ferry and climbed on board.. As the ferry went across the river into Jersey, we saw that both of the towers had collapsed… It struck me then that all those fireman and policeman who had ran into the buildings had most likely perished along with countless others who were not able to make it out. News on the ferry began to circulate of other planes as well… We ended up in Jersey, managed to rent a car and drove to one of my friends’ house.. Pete than drove back to Long Island and my cousins who live outside the city picked me up from my friend’s house.

I came back to my apartment the next day.. I lived next to the 25th street Armory then, and it had been set up as a relief place for families of the victims.. the whole area was plastered with photos of missing people, candle vigils every night, and grieving family members. It took a long time for me to get on with life then.. I was thankful to God for escaping without any physical harm. So much in my life and the lives of so many changed since then.. My heart, my prayers, my thoughts with all those who have been affected…

Wow. Those stories were incredible.

After 9-11 i got really, really depressed. I was suicidal at one point. I was having nightmares about 9-11, like i knew it was going to happen, but no one would believe me, and then it would happen. The day is still so clear--like it was yesterday. At this point, i've kinda been in denial that it ever happened, which probably isn't the best solution, but it works.

I was only 10--only 10 when it happened! I was too young to really understand, but old enough to understand enough. It was a horrible, horrible day, and ever since, I keep watching the news and hoping nothing else happens.

I still have nightmares about it, but not as bad as those other ones. However, I'm no longer depressed (or at least not as . . .) and I still can't get over it. It was so unreal. I've watched so many images.

Worse yet, that plane that crashed in Shanksville, PA? Well, I live about 1/2 hour from Pittsburgh, and that plane flew right over my house. My dad could hear it crash all the way here. Some of my friends have parents who work at the airport control tower. Their parents watched the plane go off the radar. They saw it. I cry everytime those images come up. It's like I'm addicted.

Well, now that I've got that out I feel better. I just can't wait until the day when America is no longer a target--which probably won't happen until long after I've died. Sigh.

I still remember everything so vividly. I was sitting at my desk at work (I worked at One World Financial Center.. right across the street from The World Trade Center) and I heard a loud noise. It sounded like the noise a truck carrying pipes makes when it goes over a pothole. It’s a pretty typical noise for New York City, but I was on the 35th floor and you can’t hear anything that’s going on the streets at that height. The next thing I heard was someone screaming from across the hallway “There is a bomb in the building, everybody get the fuck out”. Most people evacuated my building then, but a few of us stayed back, not knowing what had happened. Then we heard rumors and it crossed our scrolling headlines tape on the computer that a plane had crashed into one of the towers. We all thought it must have been a Cessna with a student pilot who lost control.

A few of us gathered in my manager’s office because his window faced the towers. All we could see was the fire and debris and glass falling, no sign of a plane (I actually thought at that time that I would be able to see a part of a wing or cockpit or something, not realizing the force of the impact disintegrated everything). I kept going back to my office, fielding calls from family members, doing work, and back to my manager’s office… As I watched the blaze above, I could see the fireman entering the building (there was a firehouse right across the street which I passed everyday on the way to work), people exiting the building, and debris and glass falling… and then the first body fell.. We all let out a gasp as a man fell. And then it started. More and more began to fell and we were all in shock. I left back for my office and felt sick to my stomach. After a little while I was about to go back to my manager’s office and there was a loud bang and our building shook… the second plane had struck and there was no doubt this was an act of terrorism.

I gathered my bag, grabbed Pete, a colleague of mine who was on the phone, and told him we had to leave. We walked down the stairs, everyone scared and not knowing what was going to happen next. The streets were packed with so many people, everyone transfixed on both the buildings. I couldn’t stand to look at it much more because every few seconds a body would fall. There were a couple of asshole frat boy traders on the street who actually as they were looking at people dying, saying. “A War is always good for the economy”. I couldn’t believe it.

Anyway Pete and I decided that it was too much of a hot spot to just stay there, so we decided to leave that area, not knowing if anything else may happen. We walked towards the residential buildings nearby and tried to use the phones there. No cell phones were working by then… we managed to make calls from the building lobby and then decided to walk away. I told him he could come over to my place (as he lived in Long Island). We knew that all subway service had been halted so we would have to walk it. We weren’t very far away from the towers because we were going to cross the west side highway. There was a clear path between where we stood and the towers were (maybe about one third of a mile)… and the first tower collapsed just as we were looking straight at it. For a moment I was frozen, not believing my eyes, really thinking this was some kind of nightmare... it could not be happening.. and then all I heard was people screaming behind me and running the opposite way.. As it collapsed, a huge plume of smoke started moving towards us. I ran as fast as I could but I knew it would catch me.. it finally did.. we put our shirts over our mouths for a filter and breathed through there..

We ended up near this restaurant, which had outdoor seating, and we crowded under the umbrellas to escape the smoke.. people then took the chairs and broke the glass door of the restaurant and we all went in.. people covered with smoke, coughing, everyone in disbelief.. Pete and I decided to wait for a bit until things cleared up outside. When they did, we went out and saw a Ferry being boarded by many people.. we looked at each other and though it was probably best to just get out of the city.. when we reached the edge of the dock, they shut the gate and the ferry started to leave.. just then we heard another loud noise, not knowing what it was (the second tower had just collapsed), we jumped from the edge onto the moving ferry and climbed on board.. As the ferry went across the river into Jersey, we saw that both of the towers had collapsed… It struck me then that all those fireman and policeman who had ran into the buildings had most likely perished along with countless others who were not able to make it out. News on the ferry began to circulate of other planes as well… We ended up in Jersey, managed to rent a car and drove to one of my friends’ house.. Pete than drove back to Long Island and my cousins who live outside the city picked me up from my friend’s house.

I came back to my apartment the next day.. I lived next to the 25th street Armory then, and it had been set up as a relief place for families of the victims.. the whole area was plastered with photos of missing people, candle vigils every night, and grieving family members. It took a long time for me to get on with life then.. I was thankful to God for escaping without any physical harm. So much in my life and the lives of so many changed since then.. My heart, my prayers, my thoughts with all those who have been affected…

:cry: <-- yes.... really. I am.

I was watching Oprah today and it was the episode where they talked to people who were directly related to big news events. One of the dudes they interviewed was the guy who worked at the airport and who checked in the terrorists responsible for 9/11. He mentioned that the girl who checked them in at the Boston airport later committed suicide after the event.

At that time I lived 40 min south of DC. I had just started my duties for the day at work. I worked at an animal hospital where much of our clients are military affiliated (myself a former active duty US Coastguardsman, my husband active CG at the time).

I heard alot of commotion upstairs and walked up to see what was going on in the break room. There were half a dozen or so standing around the TV. I saw one of the Towers with a huge plume of smoke trailing from it, and too thought "this has to be an accident".. until I saw the second explosion.

The community I lived in (Woodbridge) and surrounding communties had many military families and other government employees - some of whom worked at the Pentagon, one of which lived just houses down from mine.. she did not make it.

I cannot express my utter dismay and sadness at those who turned an act of evil, extremist terror.. into a conspiracy theorist's wet-dream ala Michael Moore. Where nothing else matters other than to eviscerate the President because he happened to of the 'wrong' party.

Sept 11th 2001 had nothing to do with partisan politics.. it had EVERYTHING to so with exreme contempt so evil wrought from nothing more than an insane jealousy over our liberties.. of which I see more and more taking for granted and mocking contemptuously everyday.

Sept 11th 2001 had nothing to do with partisan politics.. it had EVERYTHING to so with exreme contempt so evil wrought from nothing more than an insane jealousy over our liberties.. of which I see more and more taking for granted and mocking contemptuously everyday.

so you think our liberties are taken for granted???? i see them being torn up into pieces and i see our liberties slowly being taken away---patriot act

I cannot express my utter dismay and sadness at those who turned an act of evil, extremist terror.. into a conspiracy theorist's wet-dream ala Michael Moore. Where nothing else matters other than to eviscerate the President because he happened to of the 'wrong' party.

so to you, michael moore turned 9/11 into a conspiracy---and that is repugnant?

but turning 9/11 into a campaign logo, and using it to send america into a false war, and using it to strike fear in americans so that they are more vulnerable towards the government---all this is ok (republicans)

that makes me sick :confused:

^ Sorry I can't put this any other way, but I do think 9/11 does have quite a bit to do with politics... More specifically, how America runs her politics/policies. Its attitude towards other nations (especially since Clinton left office) is narcissistic & egocentric, and certainly incites a lot of hate and despair. That 9/11 was a terrorist event that killed 3,000 innocents is not in dispute, but I do think that this event happening was not inevitable.

I will never forget that morning when I woke up, switched on the radio still sleepy-eyed, shook my head and thought the two djs had finally over-stepped the line with their bad joke of the day, only to discover to my horror that the 'joke' actually happened. I was so sad then, and still am very sad about it now.

BritRock Lover, I know how you feel, about how this was so gonna happen, that it could've been helped if only people would wake up, and about feeling depressed over it. I've never reached the point of becoming suicidal because of this, but I do know how you feel and how it very much hurts. I can only tell you to take things a bit easier and lower your expectations, both on yourself and on the world--> not because you don't care about the state of the world nor because people do not have to be accountable, but simply for your own sake, to keep yourself sane and alive until you learn to handle things like this better (as you surely will then when you're older).

^ Sorry I can't put this any other way, but I do think 9/11 does have quite a bit to do with politics... More specifically, how America runs her politics/policies. Its attitude towards other nations (especially since Clinton left office) is narcissistic & egocentric, and certainly incites a lot of hate and despair. That 9/11 was a terrorist event that killed 3,000 innocents is not in dispute, but I do think that this event happening was not inevitable.

The only difference between 9-11-01 and the 1993 bombing of the trade center was poor planning and available funding.. certainly not the president. The fact that Clinton was able to skate relatively unscathed regarding terrorist aggresion tells me more about what he did do than didn't.

Trying to make 9-11 any more than what it was is insane. When I was speaking about "politcs" - politics as dirty as it can get still demands a certain level of respect and protocol. As much as Bush is maligned by say, Ted Kennedy.. you don't see GW throwing a left hook and threatening his family. Politics is when you speak, when you can communicate.

What happened with 9-11 is what happenes when a 2 year old doesn't get their way and wreaks havoc. Or for that matter a 12 year old.

And this..

Its attitude towards other nations (especially since Clinton left office) is narcissistic & egocentric

Nice words, but they don't apply. Regardless who is president of our country - when foreign nations needed help and $, we're there regardless of who's in office. That did not change with Bush. Because we don't pimp our sovereignty like a cheap hooker doesn't make us "narcissistic & egocetric" - it makes us smart.

ps.. what's up with your flag?