🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah they were on Letterman last night. Probably shoulda mentioned that earlier in the day...mah bad. They just did Low Rising which Plastic so kindly posted above. Oh and yeah that Dartmouth session is sick. I gotta start letting you guys know this stuff earlier from The Frames official board. I knew about all this stuff days ago. I'm kinda a bad representative of the board aren't I? :awesome:

And yes that is Glen. As scary as it may seem.

EDIT: And at that time, the only members present that are still around today are Glen and Colm (the violinist). All the other original members have been replaced, though current bassist Joe Doyle has been with them since 1994.

YouTube- Fitzcarraldo (Live) - The Swell Season[/url]

Thanks a lot for this Plastic. I agree with Chris that the piano is fantastic, especially for the last few minutes while Mar plays the violin solo. But I still retain that this style is an insult to the original song, it lacks power and feeling. For God sakes Glen's chewing gum nonchalantly as he plays. At one time this song was the most intense and powerful song The Frames played, now it seems to be a add-on bonus or an advertisement to go listen to The Frames. Sorry to those who feel otherwise but obviously this song means a lot to me (seeing as how I named myself after it)and it just saddens me to see it so flat and boring.

Compare to the album track:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy5AKZxmXlM]YouTube- The Frames - Fitzcarraldo - Album Track[/ame]

Thanks a lot though Plastic. Really the only other live cut from that DVD I'd love to see is Loved You Wrong. So if you could make that happen, I'd owe you.