✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Glen busking!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLaXxBIdFGQ&feature=related]YouTube- Glen Hansard (Swell Season / Frames) busking in Seattle, part 1[/ame]

Look at him strumming on the second song, it's freaking impossible!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDKSmRrKNk&NR=1]YouTube- Glen Hansard (Swell Season) busking in Seattle, part two[/ame]

YouTube- The Swell Season - Low Rising on David Letterman HD 1080p[/url]

got home from a week long vacation and got to watch this this morning. Loved it, of course!! I really want to see them again... too bad it'll probably be quite a while before I get another opportunity!

Oh yeah they were on Letterman last night. Probably shoulda mentioned that earlier in the day...mah bad. They just did Low Rising which Plastic so kindly posted above. Oh and yeah that Dartmouth session is sick. I gotta start letting you guys know this stuff earlier from The Frames official board. I knew about all this stuff days ago. I'm kinda a bad representative of the board aren't I? :awesome:

:dozey: Yes, please enlighten us (at least me) when you get a chance! :P

For the first time in about a year, The Frames are not my favorite band. :shocked:

The acquisition of Before These Crowded Streets by Dave Matthews Band has sent Glen and the Gang to the wayside. Couldn't even imagine choosing The Frames over DMB atm...amazing how easily my tastes change...

well maybe if The Frames ever make another album, you'll favour them :P

Probably. It's more of just a short obsession with that new album. Just like with Coldplay or any other band when new material comes out I will listen more to them again.

God I hope we get something from The Frames this year. It's highly expected that they will give something to the fans as it is the band's 20th Anniversary, and Glen has hinted in interviews that he'd like to do something special.

Hey, does anyone have the chords/tabs for True?

Actually yes I have a pretty good idea of how this is played.

This song took a long time for me to start to figure out, and to this day I don't believe I have it all right. But I'll let you know what I know.

First, the tricky part of this song is that it's in Open E. Took me a long time to discover this, and of course that makes it all that much harder to figure out.

The basic progression of the verse is Em ("I find it so hard to be true..."). It then switches to Am at the "I find it easy to distract". Then back to the Em.

The chorus goes G ("I built a wall"), Bm/F# - that is a normal Bm with an added F#, just a half step down from the low G of the G chord ("I cut you off"), Em ("Now there's no lie"), Am ("that's gonna fix this up").

That chorus is what is played in the intro as well, and also the entire final minute while Glen screams his arse off.

Now I'm assuming you just want the chords so you can play it on piano. But if you or anyone wants to try it on guitar, I can tab out how (I think) it is played in Open E. You can always play it in standard tuning and it sounds terrific, but if you're a perfectionist like me and must play it as Glen does, let me know and I can give you an idea of what he is doing.

All my knowledge of how this song is played is based on the song itself, Glen's normal guitar tendencies, and a live video of the song (which disappeared from youtube) which gave a hard to see idea of what he does on the guitar.

Hope that helped. :)

Well yeah the chords are the same for guitar/piano. You'll just have to listen closely to figure out exactly what notes are being played (if you are that much a perfectionist).

I can try to assemble the chords for Open E on guitar if you want to play it that way. It's not entirely necessary for the general sounds, but for instance the Em and Am in the verse have a much richer sound in Open E, but it's nothing that will alter the entire song.

And yeah it is brilliant. The ending gives me chills.

Ok, thanks! Well, I always prefer to play the songs the guitarist plays them in the original songs, it would be lovely to know the Open Echords, but I suck at tuning my guitar, so I guess I wouldnt be able to play them :P.

The ending is insane.

Btw, did you ever record Say It To Me Now?

Ok, thanks! Well, I always prefer to play the songs the guitarist plays them in the original songs, it would be lovely to know the Open Echords, but I suck at tuning my guitar, so I guess I wouldnt be able to play them :P.

The ending is insane.

Btw, did you ever record Say It To Me Now?

Well I'll see if I can't tab them anyway...like I said, they are only half right, but sound close enough if i remember correctly.

I did not ever record it no. Don't ask me to please, it's too embarrassing. :P

Ok, nice!

Hahaha, why is it embarrasing? I would love to hear it, seriously!

I just learned High Horses on guitar! And I'm getting a hold of Mind's Made Up on piano!

Well there's a chance I will be doing some recording next week over break, and I may possibly give Say It To Me Now a try. No guarantees.

I oughta learn High Horses. And that's great about Mind's Made Up, I love that piano part!