✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Frames / The Swell Season / Once

::Hayley::

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found them exactly the same way you did, Nick.

My mum forced me to watch Once...me thinking I'd hate it....loved it...etc

Oh and, They've changed the venue I'm seeing The Swell Season at... It's more of a theatre kind of venue which sucks in some ways because it would have been awesome to see them in a really small tent

the same. My brother dragged me to see once, was blown away by it, and started researching glen hansard and the band when I got home.

Am I the only one who wanted to see this movie? :rolleyes:

I found the trailer on Netflix and thought it was a movie about people playing guitar on a public bus. I was close.

hmm i havent seen this movie. maybe i should.

my fav frames album is fitzcarraldo. and I like the frames better. the swell season is good too, though. well everything glens done is good haha.

You definitely should. It's fucking fantastic, it's what got Glen noticed in the States!

I love that album. And I too like The Frames a bit more.

My favorite album is The Cost though. Just so great.

it's funny cuz a little while back my user name on here was Fitz for about a year. my tribute to the great song.

Did you know that song was written for a movie of the same name which Glen saw as a lad? It's a fantastic movie, I highly recommend it. But see once first, it's necessary. :D

Well, I bet you guys have seen this already, but I have to post this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcvgCdFazgA]YouTube- Glen Hansard Red Chord Last Goodbye Other Voices 2004[/ame]

This is real music.

Freaking brilliant.

Yeah the chords are really basic. Capo 4: C (add high G), then F (add high G), then Am, G, and F. Basically that's it.

The strums in the verse are really simple, but yeah at the end when he does his patented 16th strums it does get challenging if you're not used to them. For me the hardest part is hitting the high "pulls you back to me lord, yeaaah" at the end.

Ah, ok, so the ones at the Frames site are correct? I think I got it pretty right down!

Yeah, I'm still struggling with the 16th strumming, that dude strums so darn fast in almost every song!

It's a wonderful song though, I usually get into to these song when I've heard them acoustic then suddenly I love the album version as well!

Yeah that fast strumming is just a matter of practice. Took me a few months to get it down right so that I could use it at will. You may get some charred up knuckles in the process. :wink:

What's amazing is when he does 'Astral Weeks' by Van Morrison, because of the fast tempo and the a-rhythmic strumming it sounds like he's doing 32nd notes as full chords. Glen is insane.

Interview with Glen at the Choice Music Prize - http://irishmusictelevision.com/?p=1000

Glen answers more questions as to the future of The Frames and The Swell Season.

Summary: Likely 1 more Swell Season record as they already have a skeleton written and recorded. Glen expects to be busy until next February (including some Frames tours) and then take 6 months off, before possibly making another Frames record.