✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris & Johnny about the New album!

LifeLight

From XFM !

Top Story: Chris Martin On New Coldplay Album

Oh yes. Check out the headline on that mate. Chris Martin and Johnny Buckland spoke exclusively to Xfm about the next Coldplay album, which as we predicted is something of a change from the ambitious soundscapes (ahem) of ‘X&Y’.

They may still be touring the world in support of their last radio friendly multi-squillion unit shifting opus ‘X&Y’ (including some fucking huge arena gigs in the UK this Christmas) but speaking to Xfm, a very jovial Chris Martin confessed that the band are at work on the new record already.

“We’re always working on new material,” he explained, “We’ve got no laurels to rest on, man. We’re still looking for our laurels in my opinion. We’ve everything to prove and we’ve finished phase one of Coldplay and now we’re gonna enter phase two, which could be the Abba

phase it could be the transvestite phase, who knows, but it’ll definitely be good.”

Early rumours that the new Coldplay material will be radically more stripped down their last release, also seem to be true.

“We want to do something different,” explained guitarist Johnny Buckland, “We don’t want to keep doing the same thing all the time.”

"It’s not a reaction against anything as much as an evolvement." continued Chris, "But the new record’s gonna blow your socks off. Or tights, depending on what you’re wearing.

As for what Chris, his wife Gwyneth Paltrow and their little baby Apple are up to over next six months, its looks like the tree hugging, mung bean latte sipping crap is right out the window.

“Yeah, we’re gonna make a Jackson 5 album with all our kids and basically sell out,” Chris laughed, “There’s OK magazine photo shoots, there’s all kinds of reality television shows in the works, I can’t even begin to tell you. There’s a range of coffee mugs, it’s gonna be big.”

Is it not possible to submit news anymore ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Yeah, we’re gonna make a Jackson 5 album with all our kids and basically sell out,” Chris laughed, “There’s OK magazine photo shoots, there’s all kinds of reality television shows in the works, I can’t even begin to tell you. There’s a range of coffee mugs, it’s gonna be big"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It just keeps sounding like it's going to be a really drastic change and that seriously worries me. Unless they are just saying all this to keep us fans on our toes? Who knows!

What worried me the most was in the Q article i posted when they said something about they arent worried if what they do next looses them some fans....which makes it sounds like its not just going to be a minor change, but something big..... :stunned: eeeeeeeeeek!

They say the same things every time. A well-known example:

"We won't be able to top Parachutes. This'll be our only album."

"We were lucky with Rush of Blood... we won't be able to top it."

"We think X&Y will be the last album from Coldplay."

So you never know. I just hope it's nothing I won't like. :(