✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Low to be the fourth and final single from X&Y...??

- DAN -

Further to comments made by Chris Martin and his intention to make the fourth album darker, faster and heavier - would it not make sense to have Low as the fourth and final single? From a personal point of view I think Low is one of the best tracks on X&Y as it moves away from their traditional sound to something a little more daring and experimental. If you have the video to their live performance of the track when they played at Glastonbury 2005 you will see that they are really enjoying it, 'in their element' as some might say.

Would LOW not serve as a platform to bridge the gap from X&Y to the 4th album?

I think it would, and hope that they do release it seperate to the album... people who dislike Coldplay would be in for a shock! :cool:

I hope CP dont change to much

^ Me neither. I love their style of music with the piano.

Further to comments made by Chris Martin and his intention to make the fourth album darker, faster and heavier - would it not make sense to have Low as the fourth and final single?

^It is true, Low is a song more darker and so sad. About people who dislike Coldplay: they don't know what they are missing... :smug:

Low doesn't convince me like a 4th single (to me at least). It's a good song but not for the masses maybe because it's a little strange. If I could choose it, surely I will choose Square One or White shadows like a 4th single (either of them are great songs).

I would love to see Low as the fourth single. It is heavier than how people usually label Coldplay so it would be refreshing to see it released. It was superb live when I saw them so here's hoping for Low! :P

Low is too long to be a single. Imagine the 1:30 they'd have to cut out. :angry:

I'd bet Square One as the 4th, but Low is still a very good song, possibly top 3 on the album.

I reeeeeeally hope Square One isnt the 4th single, i'll be gutted if it is. I love that song sooo much and im worried that if it's released it eventually wont sound as special to me as it does now. :( Plus i think it would make a terrible single, as others have also said, its an album opener, not a single.

COLDPLAY-DONT RELEASE SQUARE ONE!!! PLEEEEASE!

The 4th will be either Square One or White Shadows. Low would be fantastic but I remember reading the new ezine and a girl that handles the music videos mentioned that she was trying to push for a video for low but it never worked out.. so I highly doubt its going to be a single. And yes it is pretty long... but so is November Rain and they STILL play that on the radio.

Out of the three... Square One would be a great single and it'd definitely push the coldplay name in a different/higher direction with people that haven't really explored the music.

Further to comments made by Chris Martin and his intention to make the fourth album darker, faster and heavier - would it not make sense to have Low as the fourth and final single? From a personal point of view I think Low is one of the best tracks on X&Y as it moves away from their traditional sound to something a little more daring and experimental. If you have the video to their live performance of the track when they played at Glastonbury 2005 you will see that they are really enjoying it, 'in their element' as some might say.

Would LOW not serve as a platform to bridge the gap from X&Y to the 4th album?

I think it would, and hope that they do release it seperate to the album... people who dislike Coldplay would be in for a shock! :cool:

That would be awesome to have Low as the new single, because i personally think, too, that Coldplay will get more fans by doing so. Low is more innovative than any Coldplay song heard on the radio. Plus it's great live.

• 1 month later...

In your tears in your blood in your fire in your flood

I'd take a punt with 'White Shadows' or 'Kingdome Come'. But is it just my loose tongue fighting with my weak (so part of the plan) hand butt dosen't anyone see the racial overtones of these songs. I admit the anglo-saxan culture is the doMinANt species, x&y thank goodness for it as English is the most eloquent and universal language to make a living from. All my favourite artist are of the anglo bloodline: Gallagher ; Finn ; Gray ; Blunt ; Healey ; Lennon ; Beck ; Wilco ; Maroon 5 xxx so I am not stirring a neo-nazi agenda by any means yyy.

I only in a hazy hest bring up this subject as we are having some racial riots here in Australia, not to dissimilar to France. Therefore I'd take a punt x&y gamble everything for 'WS' or utopian 'KC' to be SINgle X4. The greater the media attention/CONtroversy/expose SURROUNDING the release then larger quantities the CD/MP3 unit sales for the Coldplay Empire. Right here, right now I predict TALK is gonna stormtroop the charts.

If anyone has seen the video it is undeniably about UFOs. I feel I'd made that link originALLY as I guess the Travis 'Side' video clip was about that taboo subject whereas I had not even seen the video prior to making my assesement. Am I the only one here crazy about http://www.songmeanings.net Why do I feel all alone in wanting a band to create another John Lennon 'Imagine' anthem? 'Wonderwall' by Oasis was all well x&y good, but we need something with more SPARKS. Parachute away my wisdom till KC ;)

Guest LiquidSky

I would love Low even more if it was the 4th single. I can't stop listing to LOW! But I think White Shadows was going to be the Fourth single though.. :idea2: