✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Darkness slams Coldplay

LifeLight

From XFM

Darkness: Coldplay Should "Burn In Hell"

The Darkness have sensationally slammed Coldplay frontman’s Chris Martin’s ‘narcissistic’ attitude, and are forced to buy their own LPs to prevent a premature internet leak.

Justin Hawkins has openly criticised Coldplay and U2 frontmen Chris Martin and Bono over their public opinions. When asked by Kerrang! Magazine which public figure should burn in hell, Hawkins replied, “Chris Martin. What are those seven deadly sins again? Greed? Sloth?”

“Calling your child Apple? He’s terribly vain. I think he has a narcissism complex. He wants to be Bono, but he bleats in interviews about worrying about being ubiquitous. Make your fucking mind up. If you want to be a household name, be a household name.

“Writing ‘Fair Trade’ on his hand. If you’re concerned about Fair Trade, tattoo it on your skin, don’t just fucking write it on your hand in felt tip.”

Hawkins also claimed he hates Bono’s egotistical ‘holier than thou’ attitude saying, “I hate people being holier than thou. Like Bono getting an audience with the Pope, was all for Bono’s ego.”

In other news, it has emerged that Justin Hawkins has been doing a little shopping on eBay – for his own album. Hawkins has bought back a copy of his new album after finding it on sale online to prevent an internet leak.

The album, 'One Way Ticket To Hell...And Back', isn't released until November 28, however Justin explained,

"I've bought our own album back off this character who's selling it on eBay. It cost me £350 and it's going to be a tenner when it's in the shops - with artwork.

"It's encoded so we'll have a name and a number,” he continued in an interview with the BBC, “So we'll know which disc it is, who distributed it and who they distributed it to.

“And that person is going to go down. He is either going to get some sort of legal intervention or he certainly won't receive an album from our record company ever again."

The band release their comeback single 'One Way Ticket' on November 14.

The band will also be hitting the road in the New Year. Tickets go one sale tomorrow morning (November 11) from 9am from the Xfm Xchange on 0871 222 1049 or from the Xfm Online Ticket Shop by clicking here. The following dates are confirmed:

Dublin Point (February 4)

Belfast Odyssey Arena (5)

London Alexandra Palace (7-8)

Sheffield Hallam FM Arena (11)

Glasgow SECC (12)

Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (13)

Manchester MEN Arena (18)

Birmingham NEC (19)

Nottingham Arena (20)

Brighton Centre (21)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Entertainment Wise

Justin Hawkins: Chris Martin Should Burn In Hell

And Bono too...

By: Scott Colothan on 09/11/2005

Justin Hawkins has sensationally slammed Chris Martin and Bono, saying that the Coldplay frontman should burn in hell.

In the outspoken interview, he also said that he hates Bono’s egotistical ‘holier than thou’ attitude.

Asked which star should burn in hell, Hawkins replied, “Chris Martin. What are those seven deadly sins again? Greed? Sloth?”

“Calling your child Apple? He’s terribly vain. I think he has a narcissism complex. He wants to be Bono, but he bleats in interviews about worrying about being ubiquitous.

“Make your fucking mind up. If you want to be a household name, be a household name.”

In the Kerrang! interview, he ranted on: “Writing ‘Fair Trade’ on his hand. If you’re concerned about Fair Trade, tattoo it on your skin, don’t just fucking write it on your hand in felt tip.”

Turning his attention to Bono, Hawkins blathered “I hate people being holier than thou. Like Bono getting an audience with the Pope, was all for Bono’s ego.”

oh man he sucks, it was kinda fun their first song, but not something to take seriously, for the rest they just suck... I think all those tight outfits cut of blood circulation... Like yeah right, like he's gonna sell more then 5 albums in the stores... Stupid musicnoob!