✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Songs you've cried to

Bace

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie (Especially live, but I've cried to it a few times just sitting at home and feeling down)

- Amsterdam by Coldplay (Ohhh man)

- The Scientist by Coldplay (I've cried to this song several times, but one instance stands out in my mind the most: It was last week and I had my CD player on shuffle while I was getting ready for school and just before I left to catch the bus it came on and it just struck me very hard that this was the song that changed me as a person and I just started crying. Yeah.)

- Fix You by Coldplay (It was playing as my dad left to go live in St. Louis. I was pretty much a mess)

- Your Love Means Everything by Coldplay (This song tears me up)

- The Scientist from the Live 2003 DVD by Coldplay (I had it on at a time when I felt very lonely and seeing the guys performing that song really, really hit me hard -- in a good way)

- In My Place live at Atlanta 9/28/05 by Coldplay (Seeing Chris standing amongst the crowd, the whole place bathed in light, everyone turned towards him as he spread his arms out to each section of the stadium singing 'In My Place' with his whole heart and soul was simply amazing.)

- Vaka by Sigur Ros (Ohhh dear.)

And the absolute crown jewel:

Yellow (Piano version) by Coldplay (A version of Yellow I got with just Chris and his piano and it is the only song yet to make me absolutly lose my case and melt into a helpless blolb of shivering, sobbing goo. I think it was his voice that really hit me and I started thinking [morbidly] about if his vocal chords had never been arranged in that certain way. Where in the hell would I be in my life? It really punched me in the face. Just goes to show how much this band means to me. Quite scary actually.)

Sorry for the ramble, but I had to get some of my feelings on the matter out. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mhhh ...i cried to loadsa coldplay songs of course

Coldplay - Fix You

Coldplay - The Scientist

Coldplay - Don't Panic

Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Coldplay - Amsterdam

Coldplay - Trouble

A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras

A Perfect Circle - Gravity

can't think of any more right now

I've never been somone who tends to cry very easily at songs, but there are quite a few which still make me feel very sad and/or bring a tear to my eye at least.

Coldplay

~ Fix You

~ What If - this song just gets me every time i listen to it, right from the beginning. I'm quite a sensitive person and i think it's because the lyrics makes me think - for example: "What if you should decide that you don't want me there in your life? That you don't want me there by your side?" :cry:

~ Amsterdam :(

~ Yellow - this is my favourite song not only by Coldplay but EVER. It's just absolutely beautiful.

~ The Scientist

Will Young

~ You And I

~ Fine Line

~ Take Control

~ All Time Love

Damien Rice ~ The Blower's Daughter

Keane ~ Bedshaped - the video is quite touching too :(

Radiohead ~ Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Athlete ~ Wires

the songs that make me cry are those which bring me some memories... such as 'losing my religion' (REM), 'dias de verano' (Amaral, an spanish band)...

'What if', of course that made me cry... and also 'sand in my shoes' (dido) because it fit PERFECTLY when i came back form my holidays.. it was as though i had written it!!

(sorry for any mistake writting english... :rolleyes: )

the songs that make me cry are those which bring me some memories... such as 'losing my religion' (REM), 'dias de verano' (Amaral, an spanish band.. the lyrics fit with my situation in that time..)...

'What if', of course that made me cry... and also 'sand in my shoes' (dido) because it also fit PERFECTLY when i came back form my holidays.. it was as though i had written it!!

(sorry for any mistake writting english... :rolleyes: )

Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack

I cry everytime I hear that :cry:

The same here, It's such a beautiful song.

Aswell as that:-

Interpol - Untitled (Depending on what mood I'm in, But this song means a lot to me)

Radiohead - Like Spinning Plates

Radiohead - Hunting Bears

Radiohead - How To Disappear Completley

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Foo Fighters - Razor

Coldplay -

- Gravtiy

-The scientist

-fix you

-Careful where you stand

-Everythings not lost

- Yellow

-Swallowed in the sea

Snow Patrol-

- Run

Keane-

- We might as well be strangers

-Bedshaped

Switchfoot-

- you

- only hope

- dare you to move

-learning to breath

..thats all i can think of..alot of songs make me cry...because they are soo beautiful

Damien Rice ~ The Blower's Daughter

Keane ~ Bedshaped - the video is quite touching too :(

Athlete ~ Wires

^Totally know what you mean about these 3.

There are so many Coldplay songs that make me cry, but when i saw them live i cried so much! :stunned: It was nuts! :/ During In My Place (so uplifting!), Trouble, and mainly Fix You. I bawled like a baby! It was so strange, not very like me. But when you hear 20,000 people singing along, its hard not to feel emotional!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are ten songs guaranteed to put a lump in my throat.

1. "Did You Disappoint Your God?" - Neva Dinova

2. "How I made My Millions" - Radiohead

3. "The Scientist" - Coldplay

4. "Unintended" - Muse

5. "It Doesn't Matter" - Alison Krauss & Union Station

6. "Grace" - Aeon Spoke

7. "Missing" - Evanescence

8. "Back On My Feet Again" - The Verve

9. "We Will Meet Again" - VAST

10. "The Way You Are" - Mackabella