✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Bloody Valentine

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh god, what a beautiful record, easily 10/10 for me.

can confidently put it to my favourite albums just after one listen, which i last had with in rainbows.

favourite songs, anyone?

It's still early but this album might break into my Top 10.... of All-Time. That's how good this album is - definitely worth the 22 year wait. I haven't been this elated to listen to an album since the release of The Beach Boys' The Smile Sessions.

Favorite songs: She Found Now, Only Tomorrow, If I Am, New You, In Another Way. Ask me tomorrow and this list might change.

just woke up and listening to it now

and oh my god it's magnificent :loveshower:

yeah, really! :dazzled:

It's still early but this album might break into my Top 10.... of All-Time. That's how good this album is - definitely worth the 22 year wait. I haven't been this elated to listen to an album since the release of The Beach Boys' The Smile Sessions.

Favorite songs: She Found Now, Only Tomorrow, If I Am, New You, In Another Way. Ask me tomorrow and this list might change.

next day and i'm pretty certain that this is gonna be my #1, actually. whoa, what a great work.

very much dig your list there

the harmonica bit on only tomorrow, ugh :love: so much to discover

The reason I'm disappointed is that it took 22 years to make something that hardly sounds different from Loveless or their older stuff. I think that's really messed up?!

I really doubt the actual time involved in writing, recording, and producing adds up to 22 years. They basically broke up, lived their own lives, did side projects, picked up tennis, hiked Kilimanjaro, read Ulysses, and then when it was convenient for them, got together and played around. It's also pretty clear that Shields is chasing a certain ideal sound in his music that no one else quite aims for. I think it is a different, more refined animal than loveless, and I don't imagine that anyone expected or desired a stark change of genre.

I really doubt the actual time involved in writing, recording, and producing adds up to 22 years. They basically broke up, lived their own lives, did side projects, picked up tennis, hiked Kilimanjaro, read Ulysses, and then when it was convenient for them, got together and played around. It's also pretty clear that Shields is chasing a certain ideal sound in his music that no one else quite aims for. I think it is a different, more refined animal than loveless, and I don't imagine that anyone expected or desired a stark change of genre.

As this post notes though, that's plenty of time to pick up new influences. You might expect it to be more different.

Not that it matters to me, though. A bloody fantastic record is still a bloody fantastic record, 22-year wait or not.

• 2 months later...