✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Depeche Mode

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Depeche Mode singer to release new solo album

Depeche Mode singer Dave Gahan is set to release his second solo album 'Hourglass'.

The follow up to 2003's 'Paper Monsters' is due out in October, although no specific release date has been set yet.

The album was recorded in New York which has been recorded will be mixed by Beck and The Kooks producer Tony Hoffer in July.

Speaking about the album Gahan said: "We were very aware of the importance of keeping urgency in the sound and a feeling of spontaneity. We didn't want to get bogged down in trying to make everything sound perfect. You want to keep the rough edges."

Tracks slated to feature are:'Saw Something', 'Use You', 'Endless', '21 Days', 'A Little Lie', 'Deeper and Deeper', 'Love Will Leave', 'Down', 'Miracles', 'Tomorrow' and 'Kingdom'.

• 1 year later...

In honour of the new Viva la Vida "cover" video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxOUezyCms&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxOUezyCms&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• 2 months later...
Isn't that a bit overkill?

definitely not:o

their gigs are legendary

plane ticket for 10 euro!

i've seen depeche mode a few years ago during the touring the angel tour

it was brilliant, 12th row floor, and i almost got backstage after

their new record next year will be spectacular

and hourglass is a great record

was on PTA tour too

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So what does everyone think about the new album, now that it's leaked?

I like it. It's not the greatest Depeche Mode album, though. It's a good, safe album, and it's pleasing to hear as a hardcore DM fan, but it's not a mindblowing album.

It's a grower. I'm starting to like it more the more I hear it.

I haven't listened to it yet, but Depeche Mode is usually hit or miss for me. They either make some of my favorite music or I don't really care for it. Funny how there is no middle ground for me. Anyhow, I look forward to getting the new CD.