✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Jonnys Pedal Board

theclient

where can i find the colorsound tonebender? i've looked for it on internet but can't find it

are you guys sure it's not the tonebone by radial

colorsound is a vintage pedal you can find one if you have luck but expect to pay alot.

theres one on ebay now i see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230006255862&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

yea i recommend this site. i use jensens because there the best for fenders. basicly it depends on the sound you want. if you want coldplay esq sound buy jensens. if you want a blazing marshall sound buy celestions.

http://www.vintagespeaker.com/

oh and i bought 8 P10Q's for my devilles and they are just perfect speakers. it really makes a world of a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
All i can tell you is its worth every penny. Its worth saving up to get one of the DeVille 410's rather then getting a sold state or another crappy amp like a line 6 or something.

You can get also an hot rod deluxe which is a little bit cheaper . I have one and there very good 410 are just louder and more powerfull .

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
So... here it is basically.

The pedal he has his foot on is a Line 6 delay (name not important, just what it does). It gives you that echo you hear in Everything's Not Lost, Talk, and most others.

Then that little orang one about is a Phaser (I think). It gives you that wash sound that sounds really spaced out (the new live If God Put A Smile, when they go crazy at the end).

Then the little white one to the right is a tuner, self explanatory.

The other white one next to the orange phaser is another delay pedal.

And I am guessing that the pedal all the way to the left, the little white one is another phaser.

The one next to it looks like a standard grunge distortion pedal, gives you that scratchy famous rock sound.

That's all I can really pick out.

And all of the little pedal buttons below all that are selectors. One may be labeled Square One Chorus, Square One Verse, Talk Intro, God Put A Smile On You Outro. With the press of one of those, it will turn on some pedals and turn off others to give you the sound you need.

You could pay $30 for a minimal distortion pedal, but if you are a tone nut, you may pay up to $250 for high end sound. High quality delay pedals are pretty expensive, the green one he has his foot on runs about $200-$250, the little white one about $150.

His rig is pretty minimal compared to most, I'm surprised their isn't a wah pedal on there.... Maybe he keeps it elsewhere. Someone should post a picture of The Edge's rig from the Vertigo Tour... My God. And he may have a shimmer set up going on, which is the combination of a pitch shift (converting the guitar sound to a higher octave) and a reverb (making it sound spaced out). I couldn't ID any reverb pedal in particular, but it's on there. (Almost a necessity).

And if you have the money, I reccomend single effects pedals, rather multi set ups. Single ones have much more quality, and though you pay a lot more, you'll get your moneys worth in the sound.

I just registered today, I saw Colplay at Arco last night, so I thought I'd join the forum. My name's Alex. :) .

First pedal from left is an MXR MICROAMP, second may be an overdrive pedal (I don't know it!), third is a BOSS digital REVERB/DELAY 3 (RV-3), fourth is a BOSS DD5 (digital delay 5), fifth is the great MXR PHASE 90, sisth is the most distortion pedal used by jonny, "ProCo RAT Vintage Rat distortion", then we have the tuner (BOSS TU-2), and the LINE6 DL4 at last. The controller he uses, down to the first pedals, is a "Voodoo Labs Ground Control"!

Wow, this is an old thread! That's his old old board board. He no longer uses the MXR microamp and only has one DL4 on his board now. His board for the MX tour had 2xHBE Powerscreamers, 1 Ibanez TS-9, ProCo Rat, MXR Phase 90, Boss TU tuner, EHX Micro POG 1 Line 6 DL4 and three Ernie ball volume pedals (1 for vol & 2 used as expression pedals). That's before you get to his Rack full of L6 Echo Pro's, TX2290 and Eventime Reverbs!

Also, the switcher unit he uses is not a ground control, but a custom unit built by Mike Hill, though his tech Matt McGinn does use a ground control to change patches while Jonny's off wandering about.